leishi

question about tax transcript

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

for k-1 visa interview, do i request the account transcript or return transcript from IRS?

Get the return transcript, usually takes about 10 days for delivery from the IRS.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

i just requested mine online, leaving on the 23rd to go to china, hopefully it gets here before then.

Hey, I am rooting for you !!! You should have your IRS docs in time.

The only concern that I have is that we are coming upon income tax filing crunch time. Don't know if that has any effect on other IRS programs?

Good luck, we will likely be right behind you at the GUZ.... :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

i just requested mine online, leaving on the 23rd to go to china, hopefully it gets here before then.

No Problem, I ordered 2011, 2010, 2009, and 2008. Got them all the same day, about a week after request. (received about 2 weeks ago)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I just did my 2011 taxes using Tubo tax and will be printting two cpoies of my return to use, this will work, correct?

I mean it is a copy of my income tax return.

I'm self employed and that's what they ask for.

Timeline

I just did my 2011 taxes using Tubo tax and will be printting two cpoies of my return to use, this will work, correct?

I mean it is a copy of my income tax return.

I'm self employed and that's what they ask for.

I have been using tax preparation software for over 15 years. So printing another copy of the tax return is not the issue. I chose to use the IRS tax transcripts in conjunction with my I-134 for a couple of reasons. I didn't want to have to include a copy of all of the forms, schedules, and worksheets of my tax return (25+ pages). The IRS transcript is only 8 pages and there is can be no question of its completeness and authenticity... it comes from the government and they is no charge for them.

It is your affidavit and your choice... good luck on your visa journey. :thumbs:

Timeline

We jut copied my returns with W-2"s, if you have plenty of income should not be a problem.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Thanks for your input A&B.

There should be time to get the IRS copy like you suggest.

I know this has been discussed before but I am still a bit worried so bare with me .

I make my main living self employed, I am single and own a home, or I should say the bank does!:-) My home takes a fair part of my income so after deductions I don't show much of an income. I do have savings but I'm still concerned.

Do they really look at just your gross income or? I should add my gross income is well above the poverty level I believe.

Please help ease my fears.

Thanks , this place is great.

Edited by Russell T

Timeline

Thanks for your input A&B.

There should be time to get the IRS copy like you suggest.

I know this has been discussed before but I am still a bit worried so bare with me .

I make my main living self employed, I am single and own a home, or I should say the bank does!:-) My home takes a fair part of my income so after deductions I don't show much of an income. I do have savings but I'm still concerned.

Do they really look at just your gross income or? I should add my gross income is well above the poverty level I believe.

Please help ease my fears.

Thanks , this place is great.

Hey, if your gross income is above the 100% above the poverty level for I-134, you should be good to go. You are aware of the 2012 poverty guidelines? Incidentally, GUZ requires a complete and original I-134 at the interview. The 125% figure comes into play later on in the AOS stage with Form I-864..

Good luck.

Edited by A&B

Timeline

A&B I was looking at another post and it says they base it on the adjusted income if your self employed, line 22 on the 1040.

If this is true I fall well short so now I'm confussed and worried.

My gross is well above but after I deduct my expences and all the interest and taxes on my home and incme average I fall short by about 12K

Edited by Russell T

Timeline

A&B I was looking at another post and it says they base it on the adjusted income if your self employed, line 22 on the 1040.

If this is true I fall well short so now I'm confussed and worried.

My gross is well above but after I deduct my expences and all the interest and taxes on my home and incme average I fall short by about 12K

I see what you mean.

Did you see this article in the VJ Wiki about I-134? Hopefully that will shed some light on the subject....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.