AlHayatZween

Which is better: 3-year process or wait for the 5-year?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:thumbs:

Thanks!

Yes, we have our stuff-- It just seems to be a repeat of what we sent for ROC a year or so ago. I guess that's okay?

Just judging from some other posters, it seemed like the 3-year filers were having a harder time. (Maybe, it's just the threads that I chose to open... Probably.)

Hey Girl! You & me seem to be in the similar boat! Adam has been eligible based on 3yrs marriage since last year. He's now been filling out the paperwork this week, we made copies of 2008,2009, 2010 tax transcripts plus a copy of what we just filed last month for our 2011 tax return. We have always filed our taxes as Married Filing Joint. We don't have any children, but we've been married 6yrs this coming July, bought our first house in Nov 2010, bank accts, have 2 cars in our names ect so I'll make copies of any proofs we have and send that in. He still needs to go to Walmart & get 2 passport sized photos and wait on his over time check this coming Thursday. I do suggest that whatever you plan on sending in with the N400 that you make copies of everything for yourself, including the check or money order you send in. I'll keep you posted on when we mail it all off.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello AHZ!!!

We filed my husband's papers based on the 3-year rule. Looking through the guides it didn't seem to be all that difficult.

Good luck!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I have 4 couple friends who have filed their citizenship petition based on 3 year rule. None of them had any problem what so ever. All had a standard interview and thats it.,,

I really don't think it makes that much of a difference.

Filed: Timeline

Hello!

We are back!

We are thinking of applying for Citizenship this month, the 3-year marriage based route. Scrolling through the guides and the forums, I've noticed some posters having difficulty with the 3-year process. Is it that much of a headache? Is it better to wait for the 5-year route?

I also noticed some posters having difficulty because of their tax returns. Does USCIS scrutinize the returns more meticulously than they do for AOS and ROC? Or is it the same deal? Also, do we have to send in certified copies of the returns? We never have before. I was thinking to just send in transcripts for 2009, 2010, and then a regular photocopy of our signed return for 2011.

Sorry for all the questions... Just seemed like others were having a lot of difficulty.

Many thanks!

for me the only problem of waiting to apply for US citizenship is the FEE...usually the fee increases lol

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks all, for the responses!

Yes, the ease of the US passport and the fact that the fees will probably go up in the next few years are all things to consider!

Zee Bee! PalmTreeGirl! So great to see you again. Here we are... taking the last steps together. Hooray! :luv: :luv: :luv: Good luck to you guys and to everyone!

Edited by AlHayatZween

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline

oh & I thought I read somewhere maybe on the guides for the N400 ??? that you must be living in the same area for 3 months?

Yes! I do remember reading that somewhere... but I can't seem to find it now. We're moving across town in a month or so. Wonder if that will be a problem. Guess I might have to call to ask that one. Will let you know when I know.

love0038.gif

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Yes! I do remember reading that somewhere... but I can't seem to find it now. We're moving across town in a month or so. Wonder if that will be a problem. Guess I might have to call to ask that one. Will let you know when I know.

Rest assured, moving across town will not change your local USCIS office location. If you changed states, that would be different, but not moving to a different address in the same town.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Rest assured, moving across town will not change your local USCIS office location. If you changed states, that would be different, but not moving to a different address in the same town.

:thumbs:

Thanks!

love0038.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.