SaroryH

Problem with closed country and no meeting yet...HEEEELP!

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

You say that he would not be able to travel outside Libya (to meet you in a third country) and then return home without the threat of imprisonment. Why ? Libyans travel outside the country all the time.

Perhaps the OP's fiance isn't just any Libyan.

It could be Muamarc Kadafi :D

Please Muamarc release the Bulgarian prisoners

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

You say that he would not be able to travel outside Libya (to meet you in a third country) and then return home without the threat of imprisonment. Why ? Libyans travel outside the country all the time.

Perhaps the OP's fiance isn't just any Libyan.

It could be Muamarc Kadafi :D

Please Muamarc release the Bulgarian prisoners

Somehow I don't think Qaddafi would have any difficulty obtaining a visa for his fiancee to visit Libya.

But yes, release the Bulgarian nurses. *And* the Palestinian doctor who was imprisoned and sentenced to death along with them in the same incident. :thumbs:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
If he isn't just any Libyan, wouldn't he be arrested when trying to get a passport, police certificates and when leaving the country??

Also, I thought that Libyan visas were processed through the embassy in Cairo. So, he'll have to leave the country at some point in the future to go to Cairo for the interview, and then return to wait while the visa is being processed.

VP, where are you? *hellooooooooo we need your expertise*

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Also, I thought that Libyan visas were processed through the embassy in Cairo. So, he'll have to leave the country at some point in the future to go to Cairo for the interview, and then return to wait while the visa is being processed.

:thumbs: Yes actually all visas for whatever reason are processed through a third country when dealing with movement between the US and Libya.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Timeline

If he isn't just any Libyan, wouldn't he be arrested when trying to get a passport, police certificates and when leaving the country??

VP, where are you? *hellooooooooo we need your expertise*

Sorry... I replied in the other thread.

Libyan visas to the US are processed through Tunis, Tunisia but I guess it depends on where NVC sends the package :star:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Copyright © 2006 by Wife_of_Mahmoud™. Original essays, comments and photographs by Wife_of_Mahmoud™ are the exclusive intellectual property of Wife_of_Mahmoud™ and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from Wife_of_Mahmoud™.

Did you really trademark your username?

signature here

Timeline

But yes, release the Bulgarian nurses. *And* the Palestinian doctor who was imprisoned and sentenced to death along with them in the same incident. :thumbs:

:huh:

http://www.phrusa.org/campaigns/action_alerts/libya.html

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Copyright © 2006 by Wife_of_Mahmoud™. Original essays, comments and photographs by Wife_of_Mahmoud™ are the exclusive intellectual property of Wife_of_Mahmoud™ and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from Wife_of_Mahmoud™.

I'm interested too....*bump* in case you missed it, W_O_M

Timeline

I thought it was a rhetorical question, as the answer is rather obvious. :)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

I thought it was a rhetorical question, as the answer is rather obvious. :)

ok, I'll bite, Why????

Timeline
ok, I'll bite, Why????

I guess you missed the incident which may not be discussed on this forum.

Don't ask. Don't tell.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

ok, I'll bite, Why????

I guess you missed the incident which may not be discussed on this forum.

Don't ask. Don't tell.

But you still actually haven't answered the question....did you actually trademark the name and copyright the info? Or are you just being 'cute'?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If one says they have trademarked and copyrighted the something, then they have. All you need to do is indicate that you have, and tada, it's done.

Now, registering the trademark and copyright is a whole other ball of wax, and is helpful is two people claim copyright or trademark to the same thing. Registering can help determine who has priority.

See, I was awake during my intellectual property law class :D

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

If one says they have trademarked and copyrighted the something, then they have. All you need to do is indicate that you have, and tada, it's done.

Now, registering the trademark and copyright is a whole other ball of wax, and is helpful is two people claim copyright or trademark to the same thing. Registering can help determine who has priority.

See, I was awake during my intellectual property law class :D

ty rahma :yes:

So is an unregistered trademark and copyright enforceable? So theoretically, does W_O_M's words belong to her, or VJ? And if it's unregistered, technically...what would be the recourse in someone ignoring it?

I'm fascinated!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.