SaroryH

Problem with closed country and no meeting yet...HEEEELP!

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Libya
Timeline

OK...hhhhh

He can't request a visitor visa for me because he will be investigated by his government. I can't request it alone because I will get a gov't guide and he will be investigated if we meet. Sounds like a country from a novel...YES! Nobody has an idea what we go through. Furthermore he can't come out of the country because he won't be able to return (that will mean jail...definitely...and for no reason) What can we do?? Does it sound like a reason for a waiver?? I have more reasons but that's the main problem...keeping him safe and being able to meet are not compatible things. I need advice before submitting the I-129F.

Please help....

SaroryH

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
OK...hhhhh

He can't request a visitor visa for me because he will be investigated by his government. I can't request it alone because I will get a gov't guide and he will be investigated if we meet. Sounds like a country from a novel...YES! Nobody has an idea what we go through. Furthermore he can't come out of the country because he won't be able to return (that will mean jail...definitely...and for no reason) What can we do?? Does it sound like a reason for a waiver?? I have more reasons but that's the main problem...keeping him safe and being able to meet are not compatible things. I need advice before submitting the I-129F.

Please help....

SaroryH

Do you truly love this man you have not met, or is this a religous or tradition based marriage?

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
OK...hhhhh

Please help....

SaroryH

SaroryH, post this question to the regional forum - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=97 - you'll get more replies there.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Id suggest something like a 50 caliber sniper rifle. You could aim it from about 1500 feet away and blast that little cheesedoodles head right off his shoulders.

post-1823-1160359750_thumb.jpg

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Timeline
OK...hhhhh

Please help....

SaroryH

It's pure old good love! God's know what we go through. We really love each other.

OK...hhhhh

Please help....

SaroryH

SaroryH, post this question to the regional forum - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=97 - you'll get more replies there.

Hahaha! You're smart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

OK...hhhhh

Please help....

SaroryH

It's pure old good love! God's know what we go through. We really love each other.

OK...hhhhh

Please help....

SaroryH

Hahaha! You're smart.

Well then, I wish you luck. I am sure there is a way, but I seriously doubt you will get a waiver.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
Id suggest something like a 50 caliber sniper rifle. You could aim it from about 1500 feet away and blast that little cheesedoodles head right off his shoulders.

Lol! I think you are good at riddles and puzzles.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are the two of you able to meet in a third country? Is there any country he can go to that you can go to as well that will not cause you problems?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

You say that he would not be able to travel outside Libya (to meet you in a third country) and then return home without the threat of imprisonment. Why ? Libyans travel outside the country all the time. Egypt and Tunisia are very popular destinations for Libyans; so is Europe.

Under current regulations, it *is* possible for you to obtain a tourist visa to Libya, although it is a rather complicated process.

LIBYA - *Passport and visa required. Restrictions on the use of a U.S. passport for travel to, in, or through Libya have been lifted as of February 2004. At this time, neither Libya nor the U.S. provides visa services in each other’s countries; U.S. visitors to Libya should therefore plan to obtain a visa via a third country. Visa applications and inquiries may be made through the Libyan Mission to the United Nations in New York, (202/752-5775). Within 3 days of arrival, visitors must register at the police station nearest where they will be residing. Attention: U.S. citizens need a U.S. Treasury Department license in order to engage in any transactions related to travel to and within Libya. Before planning any travel to Libya, U.S. citizens should contact the Licensing Division, Office of Foreign Assets Control, U.S. Department of Treasury, (202/622-2480) or www.treas.gov/ofac

http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/brochu...res_1229.html#l

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Timeline
You say that he would not be able to travel outside Libya (to meet you in a third country) and then return home without the threat of imprisonment. Why ? Libyans travel outside the country all the time.

Perhaps the OP's fiance isn't just any Libyan.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

You say that he would not be able to travel outside Libya (to meet you in a third country) and then return home without the threat of imprisonment. Why ? Libyans travel outside the country all the time.

Well I always hate to jump to hasty conclusions, although the possibility did occur to me. Perhaps the OP will return to shed some more light on their particular circumstances.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Well I always hate to jump to hasty conclusions, although the possibility did occur to me. Perhaps the OP will return to shed some more light on their particular circumstances.

You are right about your assumption. Is there a website I can get more info about waivers?

Are the two of you able to meet in a third country? Is there any country he can go to that you can go to as well that will not cause you problems?

Not without him having to stay in that country. He cannot return to his country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

If he isn't just any Libyan, wouldn't he be arrested when trying to get a passport, police certificates and when leaving the country??

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I already posted this somewhere else but I guess I can't quite see myself being engaged to someone then petitioning to have them come live with me and get married without meeting him and his family. Are you really comfortable with that? I think a waiver is a waste of time.

You would be better of spending the time you would wait to hear your waiver got denied finding a way to meet eachother and then filing the petition after having met.

Sarah

Edited by sarah and hicham

Filed: Timeline
OK...hhhhh

Please help....

SaroryH

meet in another country..

shon.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.