SaroryH

Problem with closed country and no meeting yet...HEEEELP!

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't think I can get too much into specifics here, since I'm not a lawyer and I don't want to give any misinformation that could be misconstrued as legal advice, but yes, unregistered copyright and trademarks are enforceable. The remedy would be the same as most other legal situations - lawsuits.

For the other stuff, ask a lawyer ;)

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Good job breaking it down, Rahma :thumbs:

LisaD -- there is a lot of info you can find on the net regarding the trademark/copyright issue. As far as being "cute".... well my husband thinks I am !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Timeline

But yes, release the Bulgarian nurses. *And* the Palestinian doctor who was imprisoned and sentenced to death along with them in the same incident. :thumbs:

:huh:

http://www.phrusa.org/campaigns/action_alerts/libya.html

Yes, I'm familiar with the case I just can't figure out why anyone would ask for people who infected 400 innocent babies with AIDS to be released. :(

Timeline
Yes, I'm familiar with the case I just can't figure out why anyone would ask for people who infected 400 innocent babies with AIDS to be released. :(

Respected persons in the international medical community, who have long experience dealing with the AIDS virus and how it is transmitted, believe the allegations are absolutely false. From the article:

The medical evidence collected by Professors Luc Montagnier, co-discoverer of HIV, and Vittorio Colizzi and supported by the World Heath Organization and many of the world’s leading virologists asserts that the infections at al-Fateh Hospital began before the arrival of the international medics and continued after their departure. Professor Montagnier testified on the medics’ behalf at the trial. The evidence also demonstrates that the outbreak was the result of an acute breakdown in the hospital’s service delivery system.

The transmission patterns at al-Fateh Hospital mirror ones that occurred in Romania in the late 1980s and early 1990s, during which time thousands of children became infected with HIV through an undetected supply of tainted blood and improperly sterilized needles. Unfortunately, such transmission patterns are relatively common and have been well documented in all too many health care settings, such as in the cases of Americans receiving blood transfusions in the1980s who were infected with HIV due to an unsafe blood supply. In addition, the World Health Organization has estimated that worldwide, 260,000 HIV infections occur every year because of medical injections given with un-sterile needles and syringes.

Also note that *all* of the 9 Libyans indicted in the case were acquitted, and only the foreigners were convicted. The accused also maintain that they were tortured by Libyan authorities, including being subjected to electric shocks, suspended, beaten and raped.

Since the initial trial, the 7 convictions have been overturned by the Libyan Supreme Court, and the accused are now awaiting a re-trial (postponed until October 31, 2006.)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline
so did you register it? ;)

Now there's an :idea:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

:ot2:

Ok, so I'm more fascinated by the fact that this OP wants to marry this person whom she's never met given the apparent climate they they are dealing with.

Sorry, but I think I might be a little more sktittish....

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Uh yeah and the fact that he has issues with the military. Ok let's just say that it's possible to have a K-1 approved on a sight unseen engagement involving Libya of all places....I think a cold day in hell may be more possible...what if this dude gets here and he turns out to be not what he portrayed himself to be? I dunno..I wouldn't risk it.

Respected persons in the international medical community, who have long experience dealing with the AIDS virus and how it is transmitted, believe the allegations are absolutely false. From the article:

The medical evidence collected by Professors Luc Montagnier, co-discoverer of HIV, and Vittorio Colizzi and supported by the World Heath Organization and many of the world’s leading virologists asserts that the infections at al-Fateh Hospital began before the arrival of the international medics and continued after their departure. Professor Montagnier testified on the medics’ behalf at the trial. The evidence also demonstrates that the outbreak was the result of an acute breakdown in the hospital’s service delivery system.

The transmission patterns at al-Fateh Hospital mirror ones that occurred in Romania in the late 1980s and early 1990s, during which time thousands of children became infected with HIV through an undetected supply of tainted blood and improperly sterilized needles. Unfortunately, such transmission patterns are relatively common and have been well documented in all too many health care settings, such as in the cases of Americans receiving blood transfusions in the1980s who were infected with HIV due to an unsafe blood supply. In addition, the World Health Organization has estimated that worldwide, 260,000 HIV infections occur every year because of medical injections given with un-sterile needles and syringes.

Also note that *all* of the 9 Libyans indicted in the case were acquitted, and only the foreigners were convicted. The accused also maintain that they were tortured by Libyan authorities, including being subjected to electric shocks, suspended, beaten and raped.

Since the initial trial, the 7 convictions have been overturned by the Libyan Supreme Court, and the accused are now awaiting a re-trial (postponed until October 31, 2006.)

They admitted to it initially.... it wasn't until later that they made all these allegations about torture and other such nonsense because the international community got involved... IF they had been tortured I'm pretty sure the Libyan govt would have made sure their death sentance was carried out before anyone could have heard about it. ;)

I vote to inject them all with the AIDS virus and let them suffer the horrible fate they brought on those poor defenseless babies :thumbs:

I'm for the discussion going here about Libya, but let's not hijack SaroyH thread here.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
They admitted to it initially.... it wasn't until later that they made all these allegations about torture and other such nonsense because the international community got involved... IF they had been tortured I'm pretty sure the Libyan govt would have made sure their death sentance was carried out before anyone could have heard about it. ;)

I vote to inject them all with the AIDS virus and let them suffer the horrible fate they brought on those poor defenseless babies :thumbs:

You're entitled to your opinion. However, the Libyan Supreme Court itself has seen fit to throw out the convictions and order a re-trial.

I agree with JenT -- let's get back to topic here.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

We could speculate forever about the 'real' issues, but whatever they are, the OP needs to be prepared for an extemely long process.... I could hardly imagine going through all of that without having even MET the person I was going through it for....

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We could speculate forever about the 'real' issues, but whatever they are, the OP needs to be prepared for an extemely long process.... I could hardly imagine going through all of that without having even MET the person I was going through it for....

I agree Jenn.

There has to be some way to meet. Even though it might be difficult it really would be reassuring (at least for myself) to meet the person I plan on marrying before filing to have him come to the US.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
what if this dude gets here and he turns out to be not what he portrayed himself to be? I dunno..I wouldn't risk it.

Caution...I am especially crabby today...........

I know arguing isn't nice, but this is basically the same risk we all took (or are taking). I just don't think anymore that you can say that playing house for about a week, a year before really plugging him in to the family, is that much better than petitioning him right in. I just don't like seeing the op get judged here because they could meet 10 times, and he'd still be a stranger on her doorstep. (if you don't think so, yours just isn't here yet) and we don't know that he has a military "problem". Military contract-commitment just might be a more accurate description so..... all I'm saying is it probably isn't appropriate to criticise the op's decisions on the matter because it's probably no more nuts than the filing as soon as you meet once..

the guy here just might be getting bad advise from the guys around him that don't know jack about immigration, and feed him scary lies about the border.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

what if this dude gets here and he turns out to be not what he portrayed himself to be? I dunno..I wouldn't risk it.

Caution...I am especially crabby today...........

I know arguing isn't nice, but this is basically the same risk we all took (or are taking). I just don't think anymore that you can say that playing house for about a week, a year before really plugging him in to the family, is that much better than petitioning him right in. I just don't like seeing the op get judged here because they could meet 10 times, and he'd still be a stranger on her doorstep. (if you don't think so, yours just isn't here yet) and we don't know that he has a military "problem". Military contract-commitment just might be a more accurate description so..... all I'm saying is it probably isn't appropriate to criticise the op's decisions on the matter because it's probably no more nuts than the filing as soon as you meet once..

the guy here just might be getting bad advise from the guys around him that don't know jack about immigration, and feed him scary lies about the border.

I agree... I'm not for judging the OPs relationship... You can be married to someone for 10 years and not know them :yes: while on the other hand there are plenty of people around the world who married after meeting once or twice in person (maybe never) and have a perfectly content marriage :thumbs:

There should be a warning on VJ that if you choose to post, however, you are at extreme risk of being ripped to shreds :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.