CpParijat

Help:- Birth certificate without my name on it

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am from India and I have applied for Fiance visa. I am preparing documents for my visa interview so I went to municipal corporation last week to obtain my own birth certificate. I got the certificate and its perfect except one silly thing that it doesnt have my name on it. The reason behind this is that I didnt have name for a month after my birth. That's the way it goes in India. Names are given to the babies after 1 to 3 months. I argued a lot with the guy who issued me certificate but he didnt listen, I tried telling him that now I have name and you should include it on the certificate otherwise how is it proved that the certificate belongs to me?? He said it has the names of your parents, birth city place and date on it , and your surname is same as written on birth certificate(My Parents full name) so that tells its your birth certificate

I wonder if US consulate will accept this certificate without my name on it. does any of you have a clue? I hope I am not the only person with this weird problem.

Thank you in advance :help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do you have a name registration certificate or something like that?

I do hope someone with more experience on this will answer your question soon though. Good luck! :thumbs:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Hi everyone,

I am from India and I have applied for Fiance visa. I am preparing documents for my visa interview so I went to municipal corporation last week to obtain my own birth certificate. I got the certificate and its perfect except one silly thing that it doesnt have my name on it. The reason behind this is that I didnt have name for a month after my birth. That's the way it goes in India. Names are given to the babies after 1 to 3 months. I argued a lot with the guy who issued me certificate but he didnt listen, I tried telling him that now I have name and you should include it on the certificate otherwise how is it proved that the certificate belongs to me?? He said it has the names of your parents, birth city place and date on it , and your surname is same as written on birth certificate(My Parents full name) so that tells its your birth certificate

I wonder if US consulate will accept this certificate without my name on it. does any of you have a clue? I hope I am not the only person with this weird problem.

Thank you in advance :help:

E-mail or call the consulate to get verification on what you can do. I don't know the answer, but I would assume the US Consulte would not accept the nameless birth certificate unless it was accompanied by some additional document.

Sometimes people do not hve birth certificates and there are alternative ways to prove your birth and identification.If it is as common as you say, this is likely not the first the consulate has had to address this problem. Surely they can give you an answer to ease your mind

Good luck!

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Timeline

Hiiii

I am from India and we have applied for k1 visa too...In my BC, I dont have my name either...I think it shouldnt matter. you can provide your voter ID card or school registration certificate just in case they want to see any supportive documents.

I am not sure about this. Its just openion. You can call up to Consulate to get the proper information.

Timeline

Maybe a copy of all pages of your passport would also work. Have your fiance call the USCIS and make sure! :thumbs:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Timeline
Maybe a copy of all pages of your passport would also work. Have your fiance call the USCIS and make sure! :thumbs:

Contact the consulate/embassy and ask about it, as they're getting ready for the interview. USCIS won't be able to help them.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Contact the consulate/embassy and ask about it, as they're getting ready for the interview. USCIS won't be able to help them.

Oh yeah that's right I messed it all up. USCIS doesn't even request the alien fiance's BC that often. My bad!!

But yeah, call the consulate/embassy and ask about it! :thumbs:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Thank you all for your replies ppl. :)

@MrMrsKnight

Thanks for your advice... I dont have a name registration certificate :(

@mybackpages

Thank you , yes I hope they had a case like me before and would reply my email with solution

@Dale and Susmita

Thank you Susmita, I think I should mail consulate soon and if all fails then I think a college leaving certificate (Transfer Certificate)+Passport Pages should be enough proof.

@Mew

Thank you too, I will mail them soon.

I will let you all know what consulate thinks.

Filed: Timeline

CpParijat

The US State Department has instructions for what kinds of documentation can be submitted in lieu of an unobtainable birth certificate. I would collect some of that alternative documentation to support your incomplete birth certificate.

You have a passport, yes? Does the surname and date of birth match the information on your incomplete birth certificate?

Yodrak

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance

Edited by Yodrak

Hi Yodrak, thanks for your reply. I have just found that FAQ section on US consulate website has an answer to this.

I will post some extract of it here for people like me.

Each applicant must submit an original and a clear photocopy of his/her birth certificate.  The certificate should include the applicant’s name, date & place of birth, the names of both parents, an annotation by the issuing office indicating that it is an extract from its official records, and the seal of the issuing office, i.e. the municipal authorities or the village authorities (gram panchayat or talati-cum-mantri).  The certificate must be in the original, official language of the state in which you were born.

Unobtainable or incomplete birth certificates

If your birth was not recorded, please submit a “no record of birth registration” letter from the relevant municipality or village authorities along with secondary evidence (see below).  If your birth record has been destroyed or the municipality or village authorities will not issue one, submit a letter from the municipality or village authorities stating so along with secondary evidence of birth.  If your name is not mentioned in the birth certificate, submit the certificate along with secondary evidence.  If any details are missing in the birth certificate or if there is a discrepancy regarding your date of birth or name, submit the certificate along with secondary evidence.  If your birth was registered more than three years after you were born, you must submit the certificate along with a magistrate’s order concerning the late registration.

Acceptable secondary evidence of birth

Following are examples of secondary evidence of birth (which should also include your name, date and place of birth; names of both parents; and the seal of the issuing office): a baptismal certificate, an adoption decree, a school record, a notarized affidavit from a close relative (a parent, a close relative, a neighbor or friend who was present at the time of your birth) on the appropriate stamp paper which must be sworn before a First Class Magistrate.  The person making this affidavit must state how he/she knows your family and how he/she knows the facts of your birth.

• 6 months later...
Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you so much for thsi post, i have the same problem and now I got a solution.

Thank you again

Khurram

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I also have a problem regarding my Birth Certificate. For that I even sent an email to US Embassy in Delhi. And they said that I should tell my problem to consular officer and bring a supporting document.

Anyways this is my problem.

My problem is that I have ORIGINAL BIRTH certificate but in that my Name and Date of Birth(DOB) is different from the Date of Birth displayed in my Passport and Matric (10th class) certificate which displays your DOB. So if I send my Original Birth certificate with the documents then that date will not match with my the Date displayed on my passport. My parents changed the date when I was in 8th class. Its not my fault. And from that moment on I have been using the same Date Of Birth on all my forms and certificates. I don't show my Original Birth Certificate anywhere and whereever I have been asked for my birth certificate there I show my Matric certificate.

And in India when a child is born he gets his real name after 15 days or 1 month. Thats how things works in India. I have my voter's id and ration card to support my name.

So please tell me what should I do? Your help will be really appreciated.

Sam :help:

9-22-2008 - mailed I-129F

9-23-2008 - Arrived at CSC @ 10.06 a.m. signed by BOBENG

9-24-2008 - Check cleared, touched, NOA1

9-25-2008 - touched

9-26-2008 - touched again!

9-29-2008 - Received NOA1 in mail

1-09-2009 - Received NOA2 e-mail notification @ 7:04 p.m. EST (I was online at the time) ;) in 107 days!

1-12-2009 - touch

1-15-2009 - Received NOA2 in mail, arrived @ NVC

1-20-2009 - Left NVC

1-23-2009 - Rcvd letter from NVC

1-24-2009 - Arrived @ Embassy

2-03-2009 - Packet 3 mailed from Embassy

2-09-2009 - Packet 3 Received

2-10-2009 - Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy

2-23-2009 - Packet 4 mailed from Embassy

2-28-2009 - Packet 4 Received

3-02-2009 - Medical done

3-23-2009 - Interview @ Delhi Embassy --- Got 221g

3-31-2009 - Returned 221g additional evidence request -- submitted tons of pictures (80), handwritten letters etc.

4-08-2009 - Received visa!!!

4-19-2009 - POE

5-09-2009 - Wedding

Hi Yodrak, thanks for your reply. I have just found that FAQ section on US consulate website has an answer to this.

I will post some extract of it here for people like me.

Each applicant must submit an original and a clear photocopy of his/her birth certificate.  The certificate should include the applicant’s name, date & place of birth, the names of both parents, an annotation by the issuing office indicating that it is an extract from its official records, and the seal of the issuing office, i.e. the municipal authorities or the village authorities (gram panchayat or talati-cum-mantri).  The certificate must be in the original, official language of the state in which you were born.

Unobtainable or incomplete birth certificates

If your birth was not recorded, please submit a “no record of birth registration†letter from the relevant municipality or village authorities along with secondary evidence (see below).  If your birth record has been destroyed or the municipality or village authorities will not issue one, submit a letter from the municipality or village authorities stating so along with secondary evidence of birth.  If your name is not mentioned in the birth certificate, submit the certificate along with secondary evidence.  If any details are missing in the birth certificate or if there is a discrepancy regarding your date of birth or name, submit the certificate along with secondary evidence.  If your birth was registered more than three years after you were born, you must submit the certificate along with a magistrate’s order concerning the late registration.

[b]Acceptable secondary evidence of birth[/b]

Following are examples of secondary evidence of birth (which should also include your name, date and place of birth; names of both parents; and the seal of the issuing office): a baptismal certificate, an adoption decree, a school record, a notarized affidavit from a close relative (a parent, a close relative, a neighbor or friend who was present at the time of your birth) on the appropriate stamp paper which must be sworn before a First Class Magistrate.  The person making this affidavit must state how he/she knows your family and how he/she knows the facts of your birth.

LOL shouldn't the fact that you're alive be evidence of birth?

Anyways, I hope things work out for you. According to the post I quoted, you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck.

Edited by JoeCanuk

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

It may work differently in India, but in Taiwan my wife's birth certificate did not have her name on it either. They have what's called a family registry that the consulate asked for, it shows which child she is (1st, 2nd, etc.) which matched the info on the birth certificate that only showed her parents name, sex, and which child she is. They accepted it fine, maybe there's something similar in India?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband didn't have his name on his birth certificate from Jamaica. He had to have his birth mom help to get his name on his certificate. All the best of luck with this. This was hard for us it took us a year to fix the problem.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.