highlander08

Slavic, Russia /Ukraine area cultural differences.

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:unsure: I'm interested in finding out about any good or challenging cultural differences in traditions,moral outlook, outlooks on life in general,, any lovemaking or intimacy, affection hangups related to extended families all living in same flats with ladies from former ussr cuontries.. how long to loosen up and adjust to our culture. and in general do they retain traditional values from old country or adapt quickly to american spousal behaviour and attitude. ?

also possible differences in family structure, and child rearing. :thumbs:

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Use nice words, ignore dirty words Share everything except bad ideas

Say your prayers, thank God for this family.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

Timeline

Please understand I'm not interested in personal lovemaking, but any possible problems related to former living with parents as adults ect...

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Please understand I'm not interested in personal lovemaking, but any possible problems related to former living with parents as adults ect...

Uh, every woman is different. If she ain't loose enough for you now, I doubt that will change coming here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:unsure: I'm interested in finding out about any good or challenging cultural differences in traditions,moral outlook, outlooks on life in general,, any lovemaking or intimacy, affection hangups related to extended families all living in same flats with ladies from former ussr cuontries.. how long to loosen up and adjust to our culture. and in general do they retain traditional values from old country or adapt quickly to american spousal behaviour and attitude. ?

also possible differences in family structure, and child rearing. :thumbs:

No intimacy hangups or restrictions here. I am not sure how to express that other than how I just did, but let me assure you...NO hangups. Hopefully they never lose their cultural behavior and start wearing sweat pants and sneakers. (horror!)

Alla and I agree that children are the number 1 priority and they should do what they are told. No problems there either.

Is your fiancee Moldovan? They are not slavic and not Russian/Ukrainian. Moldova was a province of Romania until 1945. They may or may not have the same cultural customs.

There is a lot of adjustment needed to our lifestyle and way of life. they adjust to clothes dryers and dishwashers pretty quickly, less so to driving, banking system, etc. It talkes time and the first yuear is the most challenging. Alla now drives pretty well, handles the banimg and bill paying for our family now by herself (since about 5 months ago) has established credit on her own, etc. She still dresses well to go anywhere, wears heels pretty much everywhere, even shooting

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it, :thumbs:

John.

*The Family Rules*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I will try to be a little more direct in my answer. In the matter of physical intimacy I found Ukrainian women to be more comfortable, open and accepting of their bodies and yours with few hang ups, restrictions, etc. I know my wife better than any other woman of course but most have the "my husband needs to get that at home" attitude and pretty much provide whatever you want when you want it if there is no physical injury involved.

In general morals, FSU people in general, not particularly women, seem to embrace the concept of situational morality more than Americans. For several generations and through periods of difficulty Americans could not imagine or tolerate, FSU people always found a way.They will accept things Americans will not, one reason corruption is so pervasive at all levels of...anything. They have a very well developed and relaible circle of friends and know where to get just about anything at any time. And an FSU friend is a friend indeed. The word has very strong connotations and they have no concept of what we oftent refer to as "friends". They would call them "acquaintances" or "classmates" or "collueges" Not "friends".

Rod Blagoyovich attempts to sell Obama's Senate seat for $$$ in his own pocket. HORROR! Alla says "what did you expect? Of course he does this" shrugs and forgets about it.

If a Ukrainian woman, and I do not know if Moldovans are different, has many hanguos or things about intimacy I would say it is an individual thing and not cultural.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I will try to be a little more direct in my answer. In the matter of physical intimacy I found Ukrainian women to be more comfortable, open and accepting of their bodies and yours with few hang ups, restrictions, etc. I know my wife better than any other woman of course but most have the "my husband needs to get that at home" attitude and pretty much provide whatever you want when you want it if there is no physical injury involved.

In general morals, FSU people in general, not particularly women, seem to embrace the concept of situational morality more than Americans. For several generations and through periods of difficulty Americans could not imagine or tolerate, FSU people always found a way.They will accept things Americans will not, one reason corruption is so pervasive at all levels of...anything. They have a very well developed and relaible circle of friends and know where to get just about anything at any time. And an FSU friend is a friend indeed. The word has very strong connotations and they have no concept of what we oftent refer to as "friends". They would call them "acquaintances" or "classmates" or "collueges" Not "friends".

Rod Blagoyovich attempts to sell Obama's Senate seat for $$$ in his own pocket. HORROR! Alla says "what did you expect? Of course he does this" shrugs and forgets about it.

If a Ukrainian woman, and I do not know if Moldovans are different, has many hanguos or things about intimacy I would say it is an individual thing and not cultural.

I have to agree completely Gary!!!

If you are trying to compare FSU women to American women in the bedroom, I'll just say there is no comparison. You will probably find that begging for sex is a thing of the past. Generally, you will need to be more aggressive with a FSU woman or they might think you are a wimp. :rofl:

The thing that Gary is right about is the directness with these women. Granted each woman is different in their own special ways, but in general you will find that your intimacy is going to improve. :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Have your cardio system checked out because that will be given a constant work-out......Gary will tell you!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

What Gary said. I also find FSU men to be exceptional lovers, but, back to non-sex stuff :D I'll try to keep it related to culture and not gender.

1. They're loyal and selfless..... to those they care for. Strangers can rot, but if you've got an FSU friend, partner, etc, I've never seen any people be as selfless and loyal as people in the FSU.

2. No political correctness.

3. A kind of, pessimistic, or how I like to say, "informed optimist" type of point of view. Like Gary said, they won't get shocked at things that cause scandals in the US. It's like they expect little out of the things beyond their control; other people, the government, etc. I don't know if this is good or bad, in my case, with my SO, it's been both.

4. They care about fitness much more than Americans in general do.

5. I find families here are closer than your typical US family.

6. Very resilient people, but that's just obvious given the history of these places.

What Gary said. I also find FSU men to be exceptional lovers, but, back to non-sex stuff :D I'll try to keep it related to culture and not gender.

1. They're loyal and selfless..... to those they care for. Strangers can rot, but if you've got an FSU friend, partner, etc, I've never seen any people be as selfless and loyal as people in the FSU.

2. No political correctness.

3. A kind of, pessimistic, or how I like to say, "informed optimist" type of point of view. Like Gary said, they won't get shocked at things that cause scandals in the US. It's like they expect little out of the things beyond their control; other people, the government, etc. I don't know if this is good or bad, in my case, with my SO, it's been both.

4. They care about fitness much more than Americans in general do.

5. I find families here are closer than your typical US family.

6. Very resilient people, but that's just obvious given the history of these places.

Timeline

:yes::rofl: :rofl: If you are trying to compare FSU women to American women in the bedroom, I'll just say there is no comparison. You will probably find that begging for sex is a thing of the past. :rofl: :rofl: :dance::thumbs::yes:

Wow !!!!!! thats great news. ! no more crossed legs , I'm not in the mood , lucky if its twice a month, or frequent headaches when shes not getting her own way. :angry: !!! = 2 exe's

Do they try to play head games like american women, " I'm mad at you and you have to figgure out what you did or did not do. :wacko: ??????

Thanks again Everyone !

*The Family Rules*

:yes::rofl: :rofl: If you are trying to compare FSU women to American women in the bedroom, I'll just say there is no comparison. You will probably find that begging for sex is a thing of the past. :rofl: :rofl: :dance::thumbs::yes:

Wow !!!!!! thats great news. ! no more crossed legs , I'm not in the mood , lucky if its twice a month, or frequent headaches when shes not getting her own way. :angry: !!! = 2 exe's

Do they try to play head games like american women, " I'm mad at you and you have to figgure out what you did or did not do. :wacko: ??????

Thanks again Everyone !

Is this not baiting? I'll fall for it. How many times does this beautiful American woman have to leave this forum because of this BS? Here is my new internet acronym. LMBDB.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks again Everyone !

...aaaaand how long have you been together? I'm certain that if your past exes were frigid, you wouldn't have married them in the first place. I would also surmise that some games get lost in translation or the "sex haze."

I do think that there is a much larger subset of the FSU female population that is "practical." I think American women take it as a sign of defeat/giving up if we settle for anything less than some absolute ideal of romantic love, whereas many FSU women prioritize a good father, stable income, eyes that don't wander, etc. over some idealistic notion of what "true love" is. And that is why American men do so well with them, because they can provide the promise of raising kids outside of Russia/Moldova/wherever.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.