val

papers for interview

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hy!i'm wondering if I'll need a copy of the affidavit of support at the interview?I'm not sure if it will be send by NVC to the consulate...or I have to take a copy of him to the interview...I've the same doubt for all others applications..

thanks..and good luck to everyone!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
What to send to your Spouse once the I-129F is approved (NOA2):

1. A copy of the entire I-129f and I-130 package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. I-134 / I-864 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a public notary), with all required supporting evidence. Some consulates may require one or the other forms. You will need to verify with the consulate which they require. You can call or email the consulate to check ahead of time. Additionally, the consulate will notify your fiance(e) via mail correspondence which they prefer. Attempt to start collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

3. You will need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these asap after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134/I-864.

4. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k3guide

Note: Virtually all consulates require the I-134 form Affidavit of support for all K1 and K3 visas.

The FAQ is also very useful.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...p;cty=Bucharest

Yes, The USC needs to complete the I-134 and send it to the petitioner for the interview. Read the guides located here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

There have been countless posts about packet 3. If you search a little, you will find all of the information you need......

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Yes, The USC needs to complete the I-134 and send it to the petitioner for the interview. Read the guides located here:

There have been countless posts about packet 3. If you search a little, you will find all of the information you need......

Jen

I'm sorry for the confusion but I meant the affidavit of sent to NVC...and the interview will be for an immigrant visa,CR1 not for K3..that's why Idon't know if i'll need a copy of it

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have the same question!! My interview is coming up and I am not sure whether I'll need to bring the copy of the affidavit of support my husband sent to the NVC or if I need a new one or if I just don't need to bring it since they are supposed to have it already. Also, do I need to bring his original tax returns and/or W2's, employee letter? :help:

Anyone who has been to an interview on the past couple of months please share your experience!!!

Alix :star:

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

I had my CR-1 interview in Montreal last week and didn't need to take anything; it had all been forwarded by the NVC. There was a checklist in my packet 4 that listed all of the paperwork, and they'd checked everything with either "Y" =yes / document complete / reviewed, "O" =original document received, or "E" = exempted / document not required. They returned my original birth certificate and marriage certificate at the interview.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

hello guys.......its not needed as the I-864 froms are forwarded from NVC to the consulate of the beneficiary.... also we dont have to deposit the visa fees of 380$ as the petitioner already paid that at the NVC....

but its advisable that you send photocopies of each and every document starting from I-130 to DS-230 I to the spouse as its better to be prepared and its handy......and if you havent made any copies then its alright .....

but reading somewhere in the forums i think written by LORELLE (aussiewench) ...and following her advice we have copies of every document/forms send to USCIS & NVC.........

(F)(F)(F)(F) my best wishes for the interviews........

riz

IR5- Mother CIS (mom currently residing in UAE)

Jan 10, 2011 NOA 1 receipt

***********GOT RFE since my birth certificate was made after 29 years.********

June 29, 2011 NOA 2

NVC-

NVC Case Number and IIN Received, E-mails Exchanged : 08-03-2011

DS-3032 E-mail sent by Beneficiary: 08-03-2011

DS 3032 approved 08/10/11

IV & AOS bill payed 08/12/11

NVC receivd AOS & IV package 09/12/11

AOS approved 09/22/11

GOT RFE .... 09/28/2011

now NVC wants to see my original marriage certificate and birth certificate.

Case Complete 10/11/2011 (NO interview in November or Dec@ ABU DHABI consulate )

VISA granted...... 1/24/2012 thank you JESUS

Jen

I'm sorry for the confusion but I meant the affidavit of sent to NVC...and the interview will be for an immigrant visa,CR1 not for K3..that's why Idon't know if i'll need a copy of it

NVC will send the I-864 packet to the Embassy. But it is better for the foreign alien spouse to have a copy of the packet. If he/she does not have the copy and is asked about it, he/she can simply say that according to the interview letter, the applicant does not need to bring the I-864, if the petitioner has already submitted it to NVC.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks!!

Do we need to bring any originals of the documents though?? Like the W2s or Income Tax Receipts?

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Note: Virtually all consulates require the I-134 form Affidavit of support for all K1 and K3 visas.

The I-134 was not required for K3s going through the Vancouver Consulate.

Do we need to bring any originals of the documents though?? Like the W2s or Income Tax Receipts?

:no: Not if you've already sent originals or copies to the NVC.

Thanks!!

A copy is fine for your own records. But generally, the Embassy does not ask to see I-864 packet for

CR-1/IR-1.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

To continue with this then, will I need to take a copy of the pay slips and tax returns? As they have also been sent to NVC too so in theory shouldn't be needed for the interview. Am I right in thinking that in some cases you don't send the I-864 to the NVC and only take it to the embassy which is why there seems to be some confusion in the letter the NVC send out?

To continue with this then, will I need to take a copy of the pay slips and tax returns? As they have also been sent to NVC too so in theory shouldn't be needed for the interview. Am I right in thinking that in some cases you don't send the I-864 to the NVC and only take it to the embassy which is why there seems to be some confusion in the letter the NVC send out?

What you send to the NVC depends on which country you live in.

Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, UAE, continental Africa.

Everyone else.

Everyone sends the I-864 to the NVC.

Edited by girl 37

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.