I AM NOT THAT GUY

Michigan one step closer to allowed concealed weapons in churches, schools, and sports arenas

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Lawmakers Approve Changes To Concealed Weapons Law

LANSING (WWJ) - A State Senate committee on Thursday approved changes to Michigan’s concealed weapons law that include allowing people to carry concealed guns in churches, schools and sports arenas.

The legislation now goes to a vote in the full Senate.

Under the new law citizens would be allowed to carry their weapons into churches, schools and sports arenas — places they currently aren’t allowed to be packing heat. The proposal would also eliminate the state’s 83 county gun boards and transfer the power to issue CCW permits to local sheriff’s departments.

“Basically it’s a pretty huge rewrite of the concealed weapons permit law,” said WWJ Lansing Bureau Chief Tim Skubick.

Under the amended law “highly trained” permit holders would be able to carry in the gun-free zones – which would require extra hours of training and more rounds fired at the range beyond the current basic requirements.

One state lawmaker on Thursday used a dramatic demonstration to point out what he calls the “absurdity” in Michigan’s current concealed weapons law.

State Senator Arlan Meekhoff pulled back his jacket in a Senate Committee hearing to reveal his holstered gun. He demonstrated how he could openly carry in schools and churches, but how it would be illegal if he covered the pistol with his coat.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/03/22/lawmakers-propose-changes-to-michigan-concealed-weapons-law/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

When you can pack on airplanes you know we are making progress.

The enemy of Gun rights mostly rests with the Feds, move that ball and progress is being made.

In places where Politicians are accountable.... you see these changes.

The senator in DC does not have to face questions from the families of murder victims.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

When you can pack on airplanes you know we are making progress.

The enemy of Gun rights mostly rests with the Feds, move that ball and progress is being made.

In places where Politicians are accountable.... you see these changes.

The senator in DC does not have to face questions from the families of murder victims.

Do you capitalize guns to give them the same respect you give your god, or are they one and the same? :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Nearly every week now we are making huge progrss to restore our rights as they should be. The Heller and McDonald decisions have provided huge rewards in both litigation and legislation :dance:

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Nearly every week now we are making huge progrss to restore our rights as they should be. The Heller and McDonald decisions have provided huge rewards in both litigation and legislation :dance:

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

PREPAREDNESS.jpg

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Do you capitalize guns to give them the same respect you give your god, or are they one and the same? :unsure:

Yeah I know that random Capitalization gets ya.

:thumbs:

William Penn

Timeline

No kidding, the roll back of the Left in that area has been stunning.

It shows that social trends can and do turn.

I guess peeps finally realized disarming only strengthened the criminal.

William Penn