Bad_Daddy

Spike Lee apologizes for George Zimmerman address tweet

13 posts in this topic

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/thecutline/spike-lee-zimmerman-ap.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/spike-lee-apologizes-george-zimmerman-address-tweet-015514123.html

By Dylan Stableford | The Cutline – 3 hrs ago

Spike Lee apologized on Wednesday for retweeting a tweet thought to contain Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman's address that turned out to be an elderly couple's residence.

Lee wrote:

I Deeply Apologize To The McClain Family For Retweeting Their Address. It Was A Mistake. Please Leave The McClain's In Peace. Justice In Court

Lee retweeted the erroneous information to his 240,000-plus followers last Friday. The original tweet--posted the same day by Marcus Davonne Higgins, a 33-year-old from Los Angeles, using the Twitter handle @Maccapone--was sent to several celebrities including Lee, 50 Cent and LeBron James. Higgins urged friends on Facebook to "REACH OUT & TOUCH" Zimmerman.

The couple--David McClain, 72, and his 70-year-old wife Elaine--had been living in fear after their Sanford, Fla., address, via Lee, was widely disseminated.

Lee's tweet sparked outrage among critics who said he was encouraging vigilante justice.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Spike Lee is a racist.

Wasn't he the one who had a beef with Clint Eastwood who had no Black rolls in the WW2 film he made on the fighting in the S. pacific?

The fact that there were no Blacks raising the flag or even fighting on the island did not matter, Clint should have dismissed the facts and do like so many movies do and invent a more "inclusive" cast... even when none existed in the actual events.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I wonder if charges are going to be brought against Spike Lee for not only instigating a potential murder but also giving out the wrong address and putting those peoples lives in danger also. I would think this could easily be one or two felony charges.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I wonder if charges are going to be brought against Spike Lee for not only instigating a potential murder but also giving out the wrong address and putting those peoples lives in danger also. I would think this could easily be one or two felony charges.

invasion of privacy comes to mind......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

invasion of privacy comes to mind......

That one also along with inciting violence. I don't know the exact charges that could be brought against him but I would think it would be at least a few good ones. Why he hasn't been charged for anything is beyond me. I mean people go to prison in this country for far less than what he did.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

He only apologized because he was punked with the wrong address.

Suppose he had the correct one and some hoodie wearing thug fire-bombed his apt and his parents or friends died too.

What he did is not much different (though some) that the trash who fire bombed those churches In Birmingham.

Any reasonable person could see with the mood of some, how easily that could have not only killed a suspect in murder but anyone around him.

William Penn

Timeline

Apparently Spike has slowed this PR disaster down by reaching a settlement with the couple in question.

Sometimes people do stuff without thinking, if the guy would cop to tweeting the address in general I could give it a pass but he will only backpedal on sending out the WRONG address.

William Penn

Spike Lee is a racist.

yup

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG