chuck76

No more same day oath in Fairfax, VA ??

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Has anyone heard that they have stopped same day oaths for VA residents? I was reading this on another forum.

If true this sucks! They are already slower than anywhere else and now everyone will have to also wait for oath....

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone heard that they have stopped same day oaths for VA residents? I was reading this on another forum.

If true this sucks! They are already slower than anywhere else and now everyone will have to also wait for oath....

I've had 3 friends in the past 6 months who had same day oaths in Fairfax, 1 as recent as 2 months ago, the others last Nov. Unless it's changed since then? My IO said I'd missed the oath the day I had my interview last July so she scheduled me in for another within a week.

My timeline was 5 months from applying to oath which seems pretty reasonable for an uncomplicated application, what is your timeline?

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

That's what my AO told me last month, since they are in the process of re-organizing their offices. Which is why I had my oath today, a month after the interview. I'm sure they'd have the same day oath back as soon as the re-org is done.

mikeandlani

our Visa Journey

09.01.06 - Filed I130 to VSC

05.21.07 - NOA2

06.19.07 - NVC receives Petition

11.23.07 - CASE COMPLETE

01.30.08 - USEM Interview

02.02.08 - CR1 Visa Received

03.03.08 - Entered US through Detroit International

03.27.08 - Received 2yr Conditional Resident Card

04.01.08 - Filed for my SSN at the local SSA office

04.05.08 - SSN received by mail

05.03.08 - Finally got my Driver's License

lifting conditions....

I-I-751

12.07.09 - Sent I-751 to VSC by express mail

12.08.09 - I-751 delivered to VSC per USPS tracking :-)

12.09.09 - NOA1 date (Checked cashed :-D)

12.14.09 - Received NOA1

12.18.09 - ASC Appointment Notice Date

12.26.09 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

12.31.09 - Early Biometrics

01.14.10 - Biometrics Schedule

02.26.10 - Email update --Card Production ordered

03.02.10 - Email update --Approval Notice sent

03.06.10 - Approval Notice Received

03.08.10 - Card Received

Naturalization

I-N400

09.09.11 - Sent N400 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

09.23.11 - Received 1-797 by mail

11.17.11 - Biometrics Schedule

01.25.12 - Received Interview and Exam Notice by mail

02.28.12 - Interview schedule

03.28.12 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

i had my intervies on febr 28th and had oath the same day.check out my timeline

11/12/11.....N400 send to Nebraska service center

11/14/11.....N400 delivered to NE

11/21/11.....Check cashed

11/23/11......NOA recived in the mail(priority date nov 14)(notice date nov 21)..(you will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office.you should expect to be notified withing 90 days of this notice)

12/13/11......got text and email about biometric letter being send out

12/17/11.......got biometric letter in the mail(appointment date dec 28th)

12/19/11.....did early walk in FP

12/22/11.......got email and text about being placed in line for interview scheduling

01/30/12.......got email from my IO were i was asked to pick my own interview date and send email back with the date i picked

02/06/12......got INETRVIEW email with appointment letter(have to print that out and bring with me on the interview day)

02/28/12.......INTERVIEW with oath on the same day(as long i pass the test afcorse.)

I AM US CITIZEN

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I had my interview today (04/09) at 10.20 AM and the immigration officer told me they do not longer do the same day oath ceremony until further notice.

She told me the oath might be scheduled anywhere between a week and two months....

Application for Citizenship

N400: NOA 11/01/2011

In queue for interview scheduling: 11/28/2011

Yellow letter asking to bring state issued ID: 12/23/2011

Interview: 04/09/2012

Oath ceremony: 07/31/2012

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

I had my interview today (04/09) at 10.20 AM and the immigration officer told me they do not longer do the same day oath ceremony until further notice.

She told me the oath might be scheduled anywhere between a week and two months....

Hello Dutti,

Just wanted to check with you if you received your oath ceremony letter yet? If yes, how long did it take from your interview date?

I went to Fairfax office for my N-400 interview May 10th, 2012 and was expecting to leave with naturalization certificate but I was told that there is no oath ceremony that day ( my appointment was at 9am) and so IO gave me approval letter stating that I will receive my oath ceremony date in the mail.

45 days past and looks like my online case number will expire in 3 days as well. I tried calling to check on my status but the number given online is only for automated information.

I know the best thing to do would be to schedule an INFO pass appointment but I have been on business trips all over US and have not been much in VA area to do that. My roomate does check the mail every day looking for my oath ceremony letter and it has not arrived yet.

Thanks!

Indre

Timeline

Indre,

I am still waiting.

I already scheduled an infopass (about 2 weeks ago).

A complete waste of time...

They told me to wait 120 days. I was actually approved on the same day of my interview (not only recommended for approval, but also received the final approval), so its been around 80 days so far.

I scheduled another infopass at the 90 day mark. Maybe they can put in a service request.

Not sure if they will do this, but I will keep you updated.

This has been a very slow process...

The wait continues.

Any info about the current oath scheduling situation at the Washington DC (Fairfax) office is highly appreciated!

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys! I don't know if this would be helpful for you but here is my timeline:

I applied in December. My interview was on May 10th at the Fairfax office. Maybe 4-5 days later I was put in line for oath scheduling and 2 weeks later I was scheduled and received the oath letter. I had my oath last week with 400 other people.

Indre, if you are talking about the message in red at the bottom of the page, it says that even if you don't enter your number.

Has your status changed online?

Timeline

Hey guys! I don't know if this would be helpful for you but here is my timeline:

I applied in December. My interview was on May 10th at the Fairfax office. Maybe 4-5 days later I was put in line for oath scheduling and 2 weeks later I was scheduled and received the oath letter. I had my oath last week with 400 other people.

Indre, if you are talking about the message in red at the bottom of the page, it says that even if you don't enter your number.

Has your status changed online?

Hey Paradise,

No, my status has not changed since the interview. It is still showing that I should be receiving a letter to get my interview date and I already had my interview on May 10th. I really don't know what is going on...

Thanks for your input Paradise and Dutti!

Dutti,

Keep me posted on how your situation finalizes...

Indre

Hello,

I have a question about approval, because I read some post that they receive already a letter that they were approved, for my case she gave me a letter that I passed my test and congratulations that I have been recommended for approval, because she can not do it she told her manager will do it, the paper she gave has a number of N652?!1 please if someone have an idea please can you explain me this?

Thank you and have a nice day

Timeline

Hello,

I have a question about approval, because I read some post that they receive already a letter that they were approved, for my case she gave me a letter that I passed my test and congratulations that I have been recommended for approval, because she can not do it she told her manager will do it, the paper she gave has a number of N652?!1 please if someone have an idea please can you explain me this?

Thank you and have a nice day

Hello Dutti and new2009,

Update: I just checked online and my status has finally changed. July 6th, a letter with the date of my oath ceremony was mailed.

New2009: I have received the same form after my interview in Fairfax office on May 10th - " recommendation for approval" so you should be all good to go, just wait for your oath ceremony letter.Looks like the time between interview and the letter is about 2 months for Fairfax office.

I'll let you know when is the actual oath ceremony day once I receive the letter.

Indre

Timeline

Hi Indre,

I am happy for you!

I am still waiting...I just had another infopass appointment to put in a service request since it has been more than 90 days for me, but I don't think it will result in anything.

Only 30 more days to the 120 day mark...

Timeline

Hi Indre,

I am happy for you!

I am still waiting...I just had another infopass appointment to put in a service request since it has been more than 90 days for me, but I don't think it will result in anything.

Only 30 more days to the 120 day mark...

I wish a speedy naturalization finish to all of you...

My letter has come in the mail and oath ceremony is scheduled for July 24th...

Timeline

Happy for everybody that has their oaths scheduled, but I am wondering what would be the best thing to do after the 120 day mark. I have been waiting since April 9th (no name change, no DUI', not stuck in name check or anything)

I was told that the case had been approved and I just had to wait for a time slot for the oath.

How long can your case be stuck in the oath queue?

Edited by Dutti

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.