chrism07023

CENOMAR at US Embassy in Manila

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

CENOMAR- CERTIFICATE OF Non Marriage :)

Is not available to MARRIED people.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. Acronyms and name confusion aside, whatever it was, my wife filed the form yesterday at the NSO.

From a process or procedural aspect, I am still completely baffled why a marriage cert / contract is not enough when it came from the NSO and to get it I had to travel with my wife to the US Embassy years ago and get my proof of singleness document (notarized) and take an oath in front of an embassy consular, as did my wife, and then used those documents with birth certificates, passports, etc, etc, to get the marriage contract/license. Why on earth would a marriage license / contract that took all those legal documents not be enough? Who knows? Lol. Just can't wait to get thru this sickening, mind bending bureaucracy!

Note: I can understand why you would have to prove you're not married to another person and not single if you were sponsoring someone *other* than the name on the marriage certificate (because you could have gotten an annulment or divorce and married again). Unless you're marrying the same person twice, the names of the beneficiary would be different. I guess it's possible to remarry a completely different person with the same exact name, but I believe the other details of the beneficiary are on the marriage contract as well, including address, etc....it's really silly.

Edited by chrism07023

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. Acronyms and name confusion aside, whatever it was, my wife filed the form yesterday at the NSO.

From a process or procedural aspect, I am still completely baffled why a marriage cert / contract is not enough when it came from the NSO and to get it I had to travel with my wife to the US Embassy years ago and get my proof of singleness document (notarized) and take an oath in front of an embassy consular, as did my wife, and then used those documents with birth certificates, passports, etc, etc, to get the marriage contract/license. Why on earth would a marriage license / contract that took all those legal documents not be enough? Who knows? Lol. Just can't wait to get thru this sickening, mind bending bureaucracy!

Note: I can understand why you would have to prove you're not married to another person and not single if you were sponsoring someone *other* than the name on the marriage certificate (because you could have gotten an annulment or divorce and married again). Unless you're marrying the same person twice, the names of the beneficiary would be different. I guess it's possible to remarry a completely different person with the same exact name, but I believe the other details of the beneficiary are on the marriage contract as well, including address, etc....it's really silly.

Actually sir, it is not silly, it is actually a requirement now even in most church weddings before the ceremony,

The church and other agencies are being careful now coz apparently, there were issues before that a couple would

get married, but somehow forgotten or fail to disclose that they were married before, secret marriages, or any other kind

which was registered in the city registry, and such marriages would definitely reflect on the NSO,...

Also, the USEM seems to request this CEMAR or CENOMAR whatever they want to call it, to establish that a marriage

is still binding or still in effect, there's no harm done, better be prepared,... Cheers...

PD ~ June 18, 2009

IMMIGRANT VISA APPROVED ~ March 15, 2012

VISA ON HAND ~ March 21, 2012

TOUCHDOWN California ~ April 8, 2012

GREEN CARD ON HAND ~ April 27, 2012

DMV Written ~ May 1, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

DMV Actual ~ May 21, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

California Driver's License ON HAND - June 11, 2012

Actually sir, it is not silly, it is actually a requirement now even in most church weddings before the ceremony,

The church and other agencies are being careful now coz apparently, there were issues before that a couple would

get married, but somehow forgotten or fail to disclose that they were married before, secret marriages, or any other kind

which was registered in the city registry, and such marriages would definitely reflect on the NSO,...

Also, the USEM seems to request this CEMAR or CENOMAR whatever they want to call it, to establish that a marriage

is still binding or still in effect, there's no harm done, better be prepared,... Cheers...

Thanks. I hear what you're saying and I'm sure fraud like that happens all the time. But do note, we had to get proof of singleness for this very same reason (the first time). So I had to prove, and my wife had to prove, there were no other records at the NSO indicating previous marriages, secret marriages, etc, etc. Since my beneficiary (my wife) is the same person then as now, how could any of that possibly matter? If it was a different woman with a different name and ID, etc, etc, I could see the point. But it's the same applicant, with the same documentation (birth certificate, passport, etc, etc).... For me, personally, it is silly. My immigration lawyer who has been in the business for years, agrees. For other couples, perhaps not silly...

Theoretically, I guess my wife could have gotten married again after our marriage, but assuming the NSO does the same checks for that as they do for this Advisory of Marriage, it would have been caught then). Maybe they're just doing double due diligence. But to pay 1-2 weeks in lost time is pathetic.

Edited by chrism07023

Timeline

Thanks. I hear what you're saying and I'm sure fraud like that happens all the time. But do note, we had to get proof of singleness for this very same reason (the first time). So I had to prove, and my wife had to prove, there were no other records at the NSO indicating previous marriages, secret marriages, etc, etc. Since my beneficiary (my wife) is the same person then as now, how could any of that possibly matter? If it was a different woman with a different name and ID, etc, etc, I could see the point. But it's the same applicant, with the same documentation (birth certificate, passport, etc, etc).... For me, personally, it is silly. My immigration lawyer who has been in the business for years, agrees. For other couples, perhaps not silly...

Theoretically, I guess my wife could have gotten married again after our marriage, but assuming the NSO does the same checks for that as they do for this Advisory of Marriage, it would have been caught then). Maybe they're just doing double due diligence. But to pay 1-2 weeks in lost time is pathetic.

Yep,.. I hear you sir,..

But that's their system, we can't bend and argue with their protocol.

We just have to respect them as it is...

In any case, good luck...

PD ~ June 18, 2009

IMMIGRANT VISA APPROVED ~ March 15, 2012

VISA ON HAND ~ March 21, 2012

TOUCHDOWN California ~ April 8, 2012

GREEN CARD ON HAND ~ April 27, 2012

DMV Written ~ May 1, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

DMV Actual ~ May 21, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

California Driver's License ON HAND - June 11, 2012

My link. Please read post #7.

...no matter if someone is single or if they are married, they apply for a CENOMAR. If they are married or have been married, they will receive the CRS Form No. 5 - Advisory on Marriages (CEMAR). If they have never been married, they will be issued the NSO CRS Form No. 4 - (CENOMAR).

I hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually sir, it is not silly

It is silly to not clearly outline on the document prepardness web page the need for this CENOMAR document if you're married (i.e.

the opposite of "not contracted")...

it is actually a requirement now even in most church weddings before the ceremony,

And why should that affect those who are married by a pastor, outside a church, in a garden wedding atmosphere, which is a completely legitimate option? We aquired and submitted every document needed for our wedding marriage - singleness document (notarized by the embassy), marriage contract filed with the town and with the NSO, divorce contract (original), notarized, etc, etc.

And that's why, presumably, we had to go thru the NSO the first time in order to get legal rights to marry, which we did; so why go thru it again, and why would the embassy not clearly instruct us to do so beforehand vis a vis the instructions on the web site? If it's so obvious, why put things that seem equally obvious, like bring your passport?

If only the website had simply stated that, but it did not. It said for those not contracted for marriage, .....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

maybe they need a negative copy for CENOMAR.. negative copy will come out if there is no file for you

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

This is really your timeline?????????

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

• 6 months later...
Timeline

Sorry, I know this is better put in the Philippines section but I'm new here and couldn't quickly figure out where the <New Topic> button is in that section. So I'm posting this here..

Long story short, my wife had her interview today at the US Manila Embassy. All documents were in order but we did not have the "CENOMAR" (Cert of no marriage records). That bothered me, because we have been married for about 2 1/2 years and needed this document in order to obtain our marriage certificate from the NSO. However, despite having the marriage certificate at the interview, they still asked us to obtain the CENOMAR (again). Very very silly.

I did some web surfing and digging - On the Manila US Embassy website ( http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html ), it has a list of required documents to bring....(curiously, 1-10 are in bold, 11, 12, etc, look hastily added and are not bold). 12 says:

12. CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE RECORD (CENOMAR). If you have never contracted marriage, a CENOMAR (Singleness) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper should be submitted. You may call the NSO Information Center at (632) 737-1111 to inquire on securing a CENOMAR or visit their website at http://www.census.gov.ph.

But since my wife and I have obviously "contracted marriage" already, I'm not sure why they are asking for a CENOMAR..

I also see from a quick search other couples have fallen into this trap. I've told the embassy now that the website is misleading. Even my Immigration lawyer found it odd to ask for a CENOMAR for a married couple who has a marriage license.

Any thoughts?

Timeline

hi the consule said whats on your 221g slip should be send to us embassy no other documents added..i am an f2a immigrant ,forgot the updated cenomar at the interview signed a brown slip if mary,requested a annulment/divorce document,never been mary i have no annulment,i sent the annulment of my mom they requested...received a call from us embassy,they received the document ask for original and cenomar end its enough ok..

Timeline

If you call the NSO Hotline and request for a CENOMAR you will receive either:

A. CENOMAR - Certificate of No Marriage (aka Certificate of Singleness), meaning you were never married.

B. ADVISORY ON MARRIAGES - (aka CEMAR) This document will show all your previous and current marriages.

I was confused :wacko: too when I read here that we were supposed to provide an ADVISORY ON MARRIAGES form aside from our NSO Marriage Certificate to prove that we're already married to our LPR spouses. :rofl:

Anyway, the sooner you get it the better. Good luck. :thumbs:

Edited by apple21

Timeline

You do not need to submit a certificate of no marriage (CENOMAR). We received the requested documentation and referred the case to a consular officer for review.

We will notify you once the review is completed.

Immigrant Visa Correspondence Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Manila

1201 Roxas Boulevard

1000 Manila, Philippines

Telephone: (632) 301-2000

Fax: (632) 301-2037

/gcp

From: Klaus Del rosario [mailto:delrosario_klaus@yahoo.com]

Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:51 PM

To: Manila IV Correspondence Unit

Subject: F2a please kindly help

Name: Klaus Velasco Del Rosario

Birth Day: July 31 1989

Place of Birth: Cabanatuan City

Case Number: MNL2010787037

Dear Sir Ma'am

Please help me about my case. I'am done with my interview,and ask about marriage.i answered never. requested for an updated cenomar which i forgot, signed a brown half slip pertaining to if mary, received an annulment/divorced letter 221g. sent a photocopy of u.s. divorce/annulment from my mom.been called by the us embassy ensuring that they received the documents.

Why?

They did not ask for a cenomar slip which is 221g cenomar.

What?

Do i need to send a cenomar for follow up of my requirements?

Case f2a spouses, unmarried son

immigrant petition

my moms marriage to my step father which is elden chang

moms name: juvy chang

birth certificate moms name juvy angeles velasco

birth certificate fathers name noel guzman del rosario

been annulled 2002

my mom received a multiple visa 10 years 1999-2009

and married to elden chang which makes my kuya and sister adopted as a child 2007, living in us 2007 until now

my mom filed a petition for me f2a

priority date march 4 2010

Timeline

My link. Please read post #7.

...no matter if someone is single or if they are married, they apply for a CENOMAR. If they are married or have been married, they will receive the CRS Form No. 5 - Advisory on Marriages (CEMAR). If they have never been married, they will be issued the NSO CRS Form No. 4 - (CENOMAR).

I hope it helps.

i am an f2a unmarried son,no updated cenomar,received a 221g annulment/divorced requesting my moms annulment/divorced,ask the us embassy for cenomar follow up and replied:

You do not need to submit a certificate of no marriage (CENOMAR). We received the requested documentation and referred the case to a consular officer for review.

Immigrant Visa Correspondence Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Manila

1201 Roxas Boulevard

1000 Manila, Philippines

Telephone: (632) 301-2000

Fax: (632) 301-2037

/gcp

From: Klaus Del rosario [mailto:delrosario_klaus@yahoo.com]

Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:51 PM

To: Manila IV Correspondence Unit

Subject: F2a please kindly help

Name: Klaus Velasco Del Rosario

Birth Day: July 31 1989

Place of Birth: Cabanatuan City

Case Number: MNL2010787037

Dear Sir Ma'am

Please help me about my case. I'am done with my interview,and ask about marriage.i answered never. requested for an updated cenomar which i forgot, signed a brown half slip pertaining to if mary, received an annulment/divorced letter 221g. sent a photocopy of u.s. divorce/annulment from my mom.been called by the us embassy ensuring that they received the documents.

Why?

They did not ask for a cenomar slip which is 221g cenomar.

What?

Do i need to send a cenomar for follow up of my requirements?

Case f2a spouses, unmarried son

immigrant petition

my moms marriage to my step father which is elden chang

moms name: juvy chang

birth certificate moms name juvy angeles velasco

birth certificate fathers name noel guzman del rosario

been annulled 2002

my mom received a multiple visa 10 years 1999-2009

and married to elden chang which makes my kuya and sister adopted as a child 2007, living in us 2007 until now

my mom filed a petition for me f2a

priority date march 4 2010

Timeline

Ayan na ang sagot sa tanong mo. Under Administrative Processing ang case mo. Hintayin mo na kontakin ka ng Embassy once tapos na nila i-review ang case mo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.