SHOTS

CENOMAR

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ,

I have another question. I was reading 1 post and it says if never been married provide the CENOMAR or if divorce or annulled proof of annulment. So does this means that I don't need a CENOMAR when I have proof of annulment? or do i still secure CENOMAR in NSO?

Thanks and God bless!

July 05 2011- form I-129f sent by mail

July 12 2001- NOA1

July 14 2011- Touched

November 29, 2011 - NOA2

January 13, 2011 - Eligibility Letter Received

April 16 2012-Medical appointment-PASSED!

April 27 2012- Interview-PASSED!

Hello VJ,

I have another question. I was reading 1 post and it says if never been married provide the CENOMAR or if divorce or annulled proof of annulment. So does this means that I don't need a CENOMAR when I have proof of annulment? or do i still secure CENOMAR in NSO?

Thanks and God bless!

If you never been married then you need the CENOMAR. If you have been married you need the divoce/anullment papers. If you are/were married then you cant get a CENOMAR

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

12-08-2011 - sent I-130 (Chicago Lock-Box)

12-12-2011 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

Timeline

If you never been married then you need the CENOMAR. If you have been married you need the divoce/anullment papers. If you are/were married then you cant get a CENOMAR

I was married but then already terminated. So all i need to bring is my proof of annulment?

Thank you!

July 12 2001- NOA1

July 14 2011- Touched

November 29, 2011 - NOA2

I was married but then already terminated. So all i need to bring is my proof of annulment?

Thank you!

yes bring it.

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As this topic is specific to the Philippines I have moved it to the Philippines Regional forum where the OP is most likely to get the best responses.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hello VJ,

Thanks and God bless!

u still need... its called CENMAR or marriage index.. + divorce decree/ annulment doc.

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Hello VJ,

Thanks and God bless!

^^^ You are a K-1er, so you need to bring your annulment papers and you need to bring your NSO CRS Form No. 5 - Advisory on Marriages.

You can get your NSO CRS Form No. 5 - Advisory on Marriages from the NSO by applying for a CENOMAR through the NSO. You apply for a CENOMAR and, since you have been married before, the NSO will issue you the CRS Form No. 5 - Advisory on Marriages. That document is unofficially called a CEMAR. So, in short, no matter if someone is single or if they are married, they apply for a CENOMAR. If they are married or have been married, they will receive the CRS Form No. 5 - Advisory on Marriages (CEMAR). If they have never been married, they will be issued the NSO CRS Form No. 4 - (CENOMAR).

For photo examples of these documents, please click here.

Is that as clear as mud? :)

Also, the consular officer may ask you to submit a Certificate of Marriage from your previous marriage. You can also get those from the NSO.

^^^ You almost got it. :thumbs: Please see my post above.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

:no:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

^^^ You are a K-1er, so you need to bring your annulment papers and you need to bring your NSO CRS Form No. 5 - Advisory on Marriages.

You can get your NSO CRS Form No. 5 - Advisory on Marriages from the NSO by applying for a CENOMAR through the NSO. You apply for a CENOMAR and, since you have been married before, the NSO will issue you the CRS Form No. 5 - Advisory on Marriages. That document is unofficially called a CEMAR. So, in short, no matter if someone is single or if they are married, they apply for a CENOMAR. If they are married or have been married, they will receive the CRS Form No. 5 - Advisory on Marriages (CEMAR). If they have never been married, they will be issued the NSO CRS Form No. 4 - (CENOMAR).

Also, the consular officer may ask you to submit a Certificate of Marriage from your previous marriage. You can also get those from the NSO.

Wow thank you so much!!! This is very clear!!

July 12 2001- NOA1

July 14 2011- Touched

November 29, 2011 - NOA2

Wow thank you so much!!! This is very clear!!

Walang anuman po. :)

Best wishes for a smooth and speedy visa journey. :star:

I'm not wrong, you cant get a CENOMAR if you have a mariage on file at NSO. Yes you are right , they will give a CEMAR . The embassy might not ask for it though. Sometimes they don't bother if you have the divorce/anullment records. BUT I do know someone who got delayed because she didn't bring the CEMAR so bring it.

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

:no:

:yes:

how am I wrong?

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

Timeline

how am I wrong?

You are not wrong ... You gave the idea already! Thanks to you :)

July 12 2001- NOA1

July 14 2011- Touched

November 29, 2011 - NOA2

how am I wrong?

how am I wrong? you cant get a CENOMAR if you been married in the Philippines and it was filed with the NSO.

I went through a K-1 process in Manila already, I even went there to the interview with my fiancee at that time. We were approved. So I have first hand experience. She had never been married so she had a CENOMAR but while there I was chatting with other people there for their K-1 interview. One girl was married but her filipino husband died, she had the death certificate, they never asked her for a cenomar or a cemar. This was in 2009 but I dont think much has changed except now the Embassy has a new building, I was there 3 weeks ago, its nice.

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

Timeline

how am I wrong? you cant get a CENOMAR if you been married in the Philippines and it was filed with the NSO.

I went through a K-1 process in Manila already, I even went there to the interview with my fiancee at that time. We were approved. So I have first hand experience. She had never been married so she had a CENOMAR but while there I was chatting with other people there for their K-1 interview. One girl was married but her filipino husband died, she had the death certificate, they never asked her for a cenomar or a cemar. This was in 2009 but I dont think much has changed except now the Embassy has a new building, I was there 3 weeks ago, its nice.

Wow I never knew they had a new building but is it still in the old place? I wonder if how could i print o ur conversation on facebook? should i make it through microsoft word and print it out?

July 12 2001- NOA1

July 14 2011- Touched

November 29, 2011 - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.