V and A

Country of both question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We are currently filling out my fiancées profile on the Russian consulates website. She was born in Ukraine but while it was still the USSR. My question is what should we put down as country of birth Russian Federation or

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

She was born in the UKR. That is the country you put down. My wife was born in Belarus when it was part of the USSR but her country of birth is still Belarus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife was born in Kyrgyzstan and that is what we wrote, but on her green card it lists her country of birth as USSR!

You will be fine with Ukraine.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

We are currently filling out my fiancées profile on the Russian consulates website. She was born in Ukraine but while it was still the USSR. My question is what should we put down as country of birth Russian Federation or

Ukraine is correct, and if you put USSR, that would also be OK. There was no Russian Federation when she was born. It was the USSR then.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My wife was born in USSR and her son born in Russia.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My wife was born in USSR and her son born in Russia.

There's no need to over-think these questions. My grandmother was born where she was born, but on the day she was born, her community was part of Texas. A few years later, the border was re-designated as another fork of the red river, making her birthplace a part of Oklahoma. Was she born in Texas or Oklahoma? Either answer is correct, as there would be no birth certificate. In the OP's case, where will the birth certificate say she was born? The question is only a curiosity, as either answer would be both understood and accepted.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There's no need to over-think these questions. My grandmother was born where she was born, but on the day she was born, her community was part of Texas. A few years later, the border was re-designated as another fork of the red river, making her birthplace a part of Oklahoma. Was she born in Texas or Oklahoma? Either answer is correct, as there would be no birth certificate. In the OP's case, where will the birth certificate say she was born? The question is only a curiosity, as either answer would be both understood and accepted.

Thank you for all e the help. cant say how much this site means to me. when ever i go into panic mode, i have many people to walk me off the edge

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.