DaveE

Gun sales booming (figuratively)

26 posts in this topic

You can't even order a Ruger:

Gun Boom Continues Despite Florida Shooting

Firearm stocks surge despite anti-gun protests, calls for stricter gun laws following controversial Florida killing

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff - March 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Despite calls for stricter guns laws in response to the shooting of Trayvon Martin, firearm stocks are soaring as gun companies struggle to keep up with high demand.

Shares of Sturm Ruger & Co. (RGR) were up as high as 14 percent Thursday afternoon after CEO Michael Fifer announced the company was temporarily suspending its acceptance of new orders in an effort to meet a dramatic surge in demand for its products.

“Despite the company’s continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders,” Fifer said in the statement late Wednesday.

Ruger received more than a million order requests in the first quarter of 2012.

Shares of rival firearm maker Smith & Wesson (SWHC) were similarly up about 13 percent Thursday — a sign, gun proponents say, that Americans are not swayed by the recent protests.

“I think it’s evidence that no one believes that the ‘stand your ground’ law is flawed or had a role in precipitating this tragedy,” said Michael Hammond, legislative counsel for Gun Owners of America. “Government by lynch mob hasn’t worked particularly well in this country when it’s been employed, and I don’t think it’s going to work now.”

Martin’s killing, which took place in Florida, has sparked controversy over the state’s so-called “stand your ground” law allowing individuals to use lethal force, rather than flee, in threatening situations.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1st, Please note that all gun orders were placed WAY before this unfortunate FL incident. This trend is long coming.

2nd, every election year is the same, look at gun sales in 2008. The reason is fear. "what can Obama do to your gun?"

As far as I know the only thing he did was signing a law that allows carrying concealed at Federal parks. Very gun friendly if you ask me. He is not stupid to mess with this bastion of American society.

The newest fear is civil unrest, "Obama will ruin this country so bad that the economy will collapse, so get your gun to protect your family and property while you can".

I'll add to this, don't forget to build your bunker and stock pile ammunition, food and water for many years. OMFG!!!

I bet all gun industry will vote for Obama this coming November.

"A man does not know how alive he can be until a sweet Pinay steals his heart."

my point of view

11/08/2007 - Annulment Process Started

08/21/2008 - Annulment Granted

09/05/2008 - Annulment Court Order Issued

09/10/2008 - Mailed I-129F

09/12/2008 - NOA1 Issued

01/29/2009 - NOA2 Issued

02/07/2009 - Manila Case Number Letter Received from NVC

03/02/2009 - Passed Medical

03/23/2009 - Interview

05/13/2009 - Arrived in US

06/01/2009 - Applied for SSN

06/02/2009 - Pending Immunizations done

06/05/2009 - Received SSN

06/22/2009 - Got Married "downtown" style

06/27/2009 - Requested sealed envelop with immunization form from Civil Dr.

07/03/2009 - Received sealed envelop from Dr.

07/14/2009 - Mailed the AOS

07/16/2009 - AOS arrived USCIS

07/20/2009 - AOS NOA1 Issued

08/21/2009 - Biometrics at local USCIS Office

09/10/2009 - Received EAD cards

11/17/2009 - AOS interview. Given a favorable decision.

11/27/2009 - Received the GC

10/07/2011 - Mailed the ROC

10/11/2011 - Arrived at VSC

10/18/2011 - ROC NOA Received (contains the 1 year extension)

11/14/2011 - Received ROC Biometrics Appointment Notification

12/09/2011 - ROC Biometrics

1st, Please note that all gun orders were placed WAY before this unfortunate FL incident. This trend is long coming.

I just ordered a few new guns yesterday.

2nd, every election year is the same, look at gun sales in 2008. The reason is fear. "what can Obama do to your gun?" As far as I know the only thing he did was signing a law that allows carrying concealed at Federal parks. Very gun friendly if you ask me. He is not stupid to mess with this bastion of American society.

I don't remember there being a run on guns and ammo when Bush was elected.

And Obama hasn't gone after guns yet because he CAN'T! With Fast and Furious still looming over his AG's head, he can't touch them yet. They've tried to end-around with the UN ban on small arms. Most likely they'll hype us up here and home and then pass something internationally.

It's been widely whispered his second term will be when they'll come for our guns. Doesn't matter to me though. Mine are sighted in already!

The newest fear is civil unrest, "Obama will ruin this country so bad that the economy will collapse, so get your gun to protect your family and property while you can".

I'll add to this, don't forget to build your bunker and stock pile ammunition, food and water for many years. OMFG!!!

There's nothing new about the idea.

The popularity is new because, for some reason, common folks didn't feel the need to prepare for it before. Hmm. I wonder why all the sudden they feel like they need to?

I bet all gun industry will vote for Obama this coming November.

Although he is the greatest gun salesman ever, a good business man plans for long-term success and not just a short-term windfall. They'll take advantage, to be sure (just look at Ruger), but they won't get suckered into giving up our rights for profits.

Believe it or not, gun companies give up profits to stay on the right side of their morals. Just ask Ronnie Barrett.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

just got more ammo too :thumbs:

I always find it somewhat ironic when people have many guns.... and very little ammo.

It's like the internet warriors who have a tricked-out EBR and, wait for it....... 6 PMAGS! "So let me get this straight, you have a $2500 rifle, a $1500 sight, 500 rounds of ammo..... and only 6 freakin magazines? Are you serious?"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Obama has been the best thing to happen to gun rights and firearms sales. Crime continues to decline.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Ammo is getting expensive again. I still have a case of XM193 backordered from Brownells for $274.00 delivered. Now I see it for over $300 before shipping. NO - I don't shoot steel cased ammo except in my Saiga.

NO - I don't shoot steel cased ammo except in my Saiga.

Why not?

I burn through that stuff like Obama burns through our future. It's great! Cheap, accurate, fun. I wish I had more money because I'd have a ton more.

Русский форум член.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I always find it somewhat ironic when people have many guns.... and very little ammo.

It's like the internet warriors who have a tricked-out EBR and, wait for it....... 6 PMAGS! "So let me get this straight, you have a $2500 rifle, a $1500 sight, 500 rounds of ammo..... and only 6 freakin magazines? Are you serious?"

internet warriors are like a certain poster here on vj ... full of fluff and nutter ....

got lots of en-blocs (pre loaded with LC 68/69) ready to go. cans of it actually ....

as for the rest ... well let's just say .... got lots more and then some.

can't have enough .....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

It's been widely whispered his second term will be when they'll come for our guns. Doesn't matter to me though. Mine are sighted in already!

You're like the religious nuts that predict the world will end on 'so and so date' and then push your date further back when nothing happens on that day!

At some point you have to say to yourself: "I have a problem. I am a little too paranoid. I need some professional help!!!"

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You're like the religious nuts that predict the world will end on 'so and so date' and then push your date further back when nothing happens on that day!

At some point you have to say to yourself: "I have a problem. I am a little too paranoid. I need some professional help!!!"

on the bright side, ammo doesn't go bad. i routinely shoot shotgun ammo that was reloaded about 35 years ago.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Or just take up bullet casting and start collecting wheelweights before the Obama adminsitration manages to phase out all the lead wheelweights. You KNOW why they are doing that, right? Good thing I have several tons I have collected over the years

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Or just take up bullet casting and start collecting wheelweights before the Obama adminsitration manages to phase out all the lead wheelweights. You KNOW why they are doing that, right? Good thing I have several tons I have collected over the years

and mechanics hate balancing tires with that new ####### that's replacing it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!