idocare

What's love got to do with it.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I encourage all of you that may of found love thru the internet or thru a friend and your spouse is overseas to be very critical of your relationship/fiance/marriage. I personally know of women and men who have married men/women and only seen them in person once for about 2-weeks or less. I can tell you that most of those people aren't married any more to these people.Do some research, spend some time in their culture being with them and their friends/ family before opening the door to citizenship to them in your culture. Take some time and read the old blogs on this site, all of this advice will help u make a sound decision on love and the visa attraction that you will provide them.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

I encourage all of you that may of found love thru the internet or thru a friend and your spouse is overseas to be very critical of your relationship/fiance/marriage. I personally know of women and men who have married men/women and only seen them in person once for about 2-weeks or less. I can tell you that most of those people aren't married any more to these people.Do some research, spend some time in their culture being with them and their friends/ family before opening the door to citizenship to them in your culture. Take some time and read the old blogs on this site, all of this advice will help u make a sound decision on love and the visa attraction that you will provide them.

I hope people take the institution of marriage more seriously. It's no cake walk...and things will definitely not always be rosy. I hope you have been able to move on from your past experience.Wish you well..

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Too bad an experience for you.how long u met and spent time and communicate matters.

I suppose u aint a Nigerian,aside ur ex,do ve a Nigeria connection

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome back. Still scorned after so many years. Why so miserable? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Timeline

Hi Idocare

As always your message will fall on closed ears. Everyone here is more or less in the throws of lust, just wanting to get their significant other here. They will for the most part succeed and for many they will have their current car for long than the marriage lasts in the US. Some of it is because the couple is ill prepared for the difference in culture and not able to work through those issues. But as many will find out the you are not the beloved spouse that you thought but a vechile to get to the US from countries where even a visitors visa is only a dream for most. Most will quietly not return because it is hard to admit to others you have been scammed. Some like you will pass through screaming your partners shame at the top of your lungs and other will quietly admit to a select few what happened but most will not know directly. ( Within the last year I know of several ) Let me tell you that international marriages are sometimes a rough road. It is best that both parties learn as much as they can about what they are getting into.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow... :blink: ...guess that goes to show there is always two sides to every story... :blink:

Edited by Naijabound

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

"No weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:wow:. Idocare do you wish to respond to the link above?

Edited by kennard

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am also curious to see what her response to that is. Interesting to see the other side.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

I am also curious to see what her response to that is. Interesting to see the other side.

:thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I m not gonna make any comment but it will be nice to hear something from IDOCARE.....Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :help: :help: :help: :help:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.