samantha_fiel

Letter from CRIS AND USCIS - CSSO

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys after 1 month and 6 days they touched my case.

I recieved a letter from CRIS AND USCIS - CSSO the content of the letter is the same. Anyway what is USCIS - CSSO?

Do you think it's the Vermont Service CEnter? Since they transfered my case to that office.

On October 5, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

july 21 - sent it to chicago

July 31 - receipt number

August 3 - Noa 2

August 16 - biometrics

August 29 - transfered to Vermont Service Center

August 30 to October 4 - Never touched

October 5 - recieved my case

October 6 - touched and received email from CRIS THAT they have recieved my case for processing. Thanks !

october 7 - touched! gosh! they are working with my case now!!!

october 9 - touched again almost everyday they touched it!

october 13 - touched again

October 16 - touched

October 26 - touched again after 10 days..

October 26 - at 5:20 pm I received a letter from CRIS that my case was approved and they ordered my new card.

October 27 - touched and received email that they sent the welcome letter hhehehehe

October 28 - sent welcome notice

October 30 - touched

October 31 - touched

October 31 - no welcome notice...but GREEN CARD IS HERE!!![/color]

( in my Green Card it says that I am legal resident here in the US starting October 23, 2006)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Are you sure your case was transferred to Vermont? I have never heard of an AOS case going there. We got the same email when ours was transferred to California and two weeks later we got the green card! If I were you I would call the USCIS and ask. They were able to tell us where our case was on the automated system!

Good Luck!

Diana

My Timeline

K1

01/09/06- pakage sent to NSC

01/11/06- NOA1

03/16/06- NOA2 approved!!!

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

04/08/06- received packet 3

04/11/06- sent packet 3 to Frankfurt

04/26/06- received packet 4

05/23/06- INTERVIEW at 9:30amAPPROVED!!!!

06/01/06- visa in hand!!!

06/08/06- married in Vegas!!!

AOS/EAD

06/24/06- sent AOS and EAD package to Chicago

06/27/06- Chicago receives package

06/30/06- NOA1

07/03/06- NOA1 received in the mail

07/17/06- biometrics appt. received in mail

07/25/06- biometrics in cleveland

08/30/06- case received at CSC

08/31/06- received a new NOA1 email

09/01/06- touched AOS

09/15/06- AOS APPROVED!! got email saying welcome letter was sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/20/06- welcome letter received!!! and approval email sent

09/21/06- touched and GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!

06/08/07- one year anniversary

06/08/08- two year anniversary

06/08/09- three year anniversary

Removal of Conditions

06/17/08- package sent to California

06/19/08- California receives package

06/19/08-NOA1

06/28/08-Biometrics appointment

07/28/08-touched

09/01/08-received non conditional green card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys after 1 month and 6 days they touched my case.

I recieved a letter from CRIS AND USCIS - CSSO the content of the letter is the same. Anyway what is USCIS - CSSO?

Do you think it's the Vermont Service CEnter? Since they transfered my case to that office.

On October 5, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

CSSO = Case Status Service Online

YMMV

Are you sure your case was transferred to Vermont? I have never heard of an AOS case going there. We got the same email when ours was transferred to California and two weeks later we got the green card! If I were you I would call the USCIS and ask. They were able to tell us where our case was on the automated system!

Good Luck!

Diana

YES, I was wondering too, I called to USCIS why in Vermont but the Customer Service Cant answer. I received an email and a letter that it was transfered to Vermont Service Center. Might be because of the deployment order of my husband that I attached.

What do you think? Are they gonna speed it up?

July 31 - receipt number

August 3 - Noa 2

August 16 - biometrics

October 6 - touched and received email from CRIS THAT they have recieved my case for processing. Thanks !

October 16 - touched

October 26 - at 5:20 pm I received a letter from CRIS that my case was approved and they ordered my new card.

October 27 - touched and received email that they sent the welcome letter hhehehehe

October 30 - touched

October 31 - touched

( in my Green Card it says that I am legal resident here in the US starting October 23, 2006)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did your case # happen to change now that you have that email? It sounds like that wherever they've sent your file is finally acknowledging receiving it.

I know you've said your district office is 4 hours away making an infopass hard to attend, is there anyone in the military that can inquire for you? Some people use politicians, I'm just wondering if there's someone different you can use to get things done.

Also, have you thought about contacting Vermont directly about an expedite request due to your husbands deployment? From the USCIS website

Expedite requests:

The VSC has always had a high threshold for approving requests for special processing. Individuals who are seeking expeditious handling can FAX the Center at (802) 527-4816 to request that a case be expedited. The fax line is available 24 hours a day. Expedite requests are reviewed Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:00 PM.

The VSC will also accept expedite requests through written correspondence.

A letter requesting that a case be expedited along with any supporting information should be mailed to the VSC. The envelope must be marked with "EXPEDITE REQUEST".

Please mail expedite request to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Vermont Service Center

ATTN: Expedite Request

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479

A detailed explanation of the situation should be provided in a support letter, and any documentation needed to support the expedite request should also be submitted. Applicants should not submit more than 5 pages of material.

Cases that are not clearly approvable will not be expedited. Requests to expedite petitions or applications that are incomplete will not be granted. There is no appeal of the denial of an expedite request. Please see our USCIS Expedited Criteria guidance.

Edited by Canuck Carrie

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Did your case # happen to change now that you have that email? It sounds like that wherever they've sent your file is finally acknowledging receiving it.

I know you've said your district office is 4 hours away making an infopass hard to attend, is there anyone in the military that can inquire for you? Some people use politicians, I'm just wondering if there's someone different you can use to get things done.

my case number it's still the same. Starts with MSC. We have this USCIS - IMMIGRATION orientation in the army. They give information that you can read in the internet. Then will give you map going to our district and etc. Anyway, I went to my disctrict with the bus. If I drive there maybe i can get it for 3 hours.

I asked the immigration officer about the interview. If it is possible to have an interview without my husband. He said that I'll just bring the deployment order of my husband.

Hope, I dont have interview! Thank you!

July 31 - receipt number

August 3 - Noa 2

August 16 - biometrics

October 16 - touched

October 30 - touched

October 31 - touched

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Well if the letter syas it is in Vermont then it probably is. Maybe the military does have something to do with who knows. I guess all that is important is that if they have recognized that it's there you should be getting an approval soon and without an interview!! :D I think that this is definetely a good thing and you should hear something very soon!!!

Diana

My Timeline

K1

01/09/06- pakage sent to NSC

01/11/06- NOA1

03/16/06- NOA2 approved!!!

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

04/08/06- received packet 3

04/11/06- sent packet 3 to Frankfurt

04/26/06- received packet 4

05/23/06- INTERVIEW at 9:30amAPPROVED!!!!

06/01/06- visa in hand!!!

06/08/06- married in Vegas!!!

AOS/EAD

06/24/06- sent AOS and EAD package to Chicago

06/27/06- Chicago receives package

06/30/06- NOA1

07/03/06- NOA1 received in the mail

07/17/06- biometrics appt. received in mail

07/25/06- biometrics in cleveland

08/30/06- case received at CSC

08/31/06- received a new NOA1 email

09/01/06- touched AOS

09/15/06- AOS APPROVED!! got email saying welcome letter was sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/20/06- welcome letter received!!! and approval email sent

09/21/06- touched and GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!

06/08/07- one year anniversary

06/08/08- two year anniversary

06/08/09- three year anniversary

Removal of Conditions

06/17/08- package sent to California

06/19/08- California receives package

06/19/08-NOA1

06/28/08-Biometrics appointment

07/28/08-touched

09/01/08-received non conditional green card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Well if the letter syas it is in Vermont then it probably is. Maybe the military does have something to do with who knows. I guess all that is important is that if they have recognized that it's there you should be getting an approval soon and without an interview!! :D I think that this is definetely a good thing and you should hear something very soon!!!

Diana

:yes::thumbs:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Also, have you thought about contacting Vermont directly about an expedite request due to your husbands deployment? From the USCIS website

Expedite requests:

The VSC has always had a high threshold for approving requests for special processing. Individuals who are seeking expeditious handling can FAX the Center at (802) 527-4816 to request that a case be expedited. The fax line is available 24 hours a day. Expedite requests are reviewed Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:00 PM.

The VSC will also accept expedite requests through written correspondence.

A letter requesting that a case be expedited along with any supporting information should be mailed to the VSC. The envelope must be marked with "EXPEDITE REQUEST".

Please mail expedite request to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Vermont Service Center

ATTN: Expedite Request

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479

A detailed explanation of the situation should be provided in a support letter, and any documentation needed to support the expedite request should also be submitted. Applicants should not submit more than 5 pages of material.

Cases that are not clearly approvable will not be expedited. Requests to expedite petitions or applications that are incomplete will not be granted. There is no appeal of the denial of an expedite request. Please see our USCIS Expedited Criteria guidance.

There is no I-485 based on marriage in VERMONT. They only have I485 but based on employment. In the letter they said to speed up the processing of the said case they will transfer it to Vermont. So, I think I dont need to write to them.

I have no reason to speed it up since my husband already left to Iraq. My only reason for now is to work because I'm so bored heheehehe. I guess I'll just wait.

I guess they will have you know total background check since my husband is in the army.

Thank you so much guys.

Edited by samantha_fiel

July 31 - receipt number

August 3 - Noa 2

August 16 - biometrics

October 16 - touched

October 30 - touched

October 31 - touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I received an email from CRIS, it was the California Service Center acknowledging that my application had been received there for processing.

This was the email address advising me of the transfer of my AOS to California and acknowledging its receipt in California:

CRIS [uSCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov]

This is the email addressing advisingme of the approval of my AOS without an interview:

USCIS-CSSO [uSCIS-CSSO@dhs.gov]

Once an application has been transferred to California it is generally approved without an interview. I must have missed the part where you said you had written for an expedite to Vermont. It does sound like your application might have been transferred to California, which makes a lot of sense, especially if your husband has been deployed and is not available for an interview. I suspect that will turn out to be the case, actually.

Good luck and I hope you hear something soon.

Hope this helps.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

When I received an email from CRIS, it was the California Service Center acknowledging that my application had been received there for processing.

This was the email address advising me of the transfer of my AOS to California and acknowledging its receipt in California:

CRIS [uSCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov]

This is the email addressing advisingme of the approval of my AOS without an interview:

USCIS-CSSO [uSCIS-CSSO@dhs.gov]

Once an application has been transferred to California it is generally approved without an interview. I must have missed the part where you said you had written for an expedite to Vermont. It does sound like your application might have been transferred to California, which makes a lot of sense, especially if your husband has been deployed and is not available for an interview. I suspect that will turn out to be the case, actually.

Good luck and I hope you hear something soon.

Hope this helps.

I didnt write to expediate it, there is someone who advice me to expediate it. I received a letter that they transfered it to Vermont not in Calif. It's same address to, same as yours.

July 31 - receipt number

August 3 - Noa 2

August 16 - biometrics

October 16 - touched

October 30 - touched

October 31 - touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.