homesick_american

Our journey is over, so this is goodbye

25 posts in this topic

Well I guess I missed something again which is not unusual, however sorry to see you go homesick, I have read many of your replies and i do not know what has upset you but whichever way you choose to go is up to you but I would also like to add my best wishes to all the others and good luck for your future :thumbs:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Since our journey is now complete I don't feel there's any point in remaining here, especially in view of what happened the other day on Off Topic. I feel that life is too short to tolerate that sort of treatment from anyone, for any reason.

(F)

Well, homesick_american, I don't personally know what has happened to you, you seem very sad and disappointed, but I know that we will never succeed in satisfying all the people in this world, that we will never manage to be loved by all those around us. Just stick to your group of friends, to those who've proved loyal and ready to accept you with both your qualities and your defects. None of us is perfect...God bless! (F)

We would just like to say that Callina's words ring very true and that what some may have said here on VJ should not stop you from being a vital link here for those you may touch in the future. By the way I just want to say that Callina's words really struck a chord with me as I too have felt the jarring pain of separation when one of my daughters sent me an e-mail that basically said she did not want anything to do with me. I thank God for the support I received from my other children and family for there is always someone to sustain us through the trials of life. Don't shut yourself out from the rest of us. Many misuderstandings stem from the manner in which words or actions are perceived and communicated. None of us are perfect so allow a little slack. I too don't know exactly what happened here but I hope you'll change your mind and hang around. Best wishes to you and yours.

US1.GIFCOL.GIF

04-19-06 Sent I-129F

04-24-06 I-129F received at CSC

04-27-06 Received NOA1

07-03-06 Received RFE from CSC

07-03-06 Returned RFE to CSC

07-08-06 RFE received at CSC

07-31-06 Touched

08-05-06 Received second RFE from CSC

08-05-06 Returned RFE to CSC

08-07-06 Touched

08-09-06 RFE received at CSC

08-14-06 Touched

08-15-06 E-mail from CSC stating RFE received

08-16-06 Touched

08-18-06 NOA2 APPROVED- I-129F sent to NVC

08-19-06 Touched

08-25-06 NVC Received I-129F

09-01-06 NVC sent I-129F to embassy

09-05-06 Received at embassy

09-11-06 Packet 3 sent from embassy

10-06-06 Received Packet 3. Long delay in receiving the packet was due to postal miscue

10-06-06 Returned Packet 3

10-09-06 Received at embassy

10-31-06 Received Packet 4

11-14-06 Interview date

11-18-06 Travel to the States

• 8 months later...

Well...it is always sad when someone breaks up, and i understand the anger and disappointment but as i recall the thread responses - HA got upset because some dared to suggest that there are two sides to everystory - and i beleive HA interpreted the remarks as criticism.

I have a good friend who can be relied on to be frank and honest with me - when i get it wrong she does what every real friend does and tells me so ( NONE of us are perfect and we all need to be reminded of this sometimes). She was invaluable during my divorce and all that comes with that. She is always able to see both sides and always able to encourage positive attitudes from what seem impossible thngs for me - and she is usually right.

Sometimes we need to hear the things we dont really want to hear - and usually people know they risk losing friendship but the overwhelming motivation is to try and help -

even if it is then thrown back - it is also true that sadly when people post it is impossible to always be able to read the tone - this also adds to mis understanding.

When you post in a forum it is like asking a question - you have to be prepared for replies you dont want to hear as well as those you do...hazard of the action.

No "winners" in this kind of thing - but i have to say there is a valuable wealth of life experience on these boards - and i have to say - i dont recall any negative remarks on the thread in question - maybe some alternative ways to look at the situation - but i dont recall anyone being appalling rude i suspect there was attempt to try and offer some balanced views because after all....once you have got the anger out of the system - then you have to get back on the path to sort it out.

Filed: Timeline
Well...it is always sad when someone breaks up, and i understand the anger and disappointment but as i recall the thread responses - HA got upset because some dared to suggest that there are two sides to everystory - and i beleive HA interpreted the remarks as criticism.

I have a good friend who can be relied on to be frank and honest with me - when i get it wrong she does what every real friend does and tells me so ( NONE of us are perfect and we all need to be reminded of this sometimes). She was invaluable during my divorce and all that comes with that. She is always able to see both sides and always able to encourage positive attitudes from what seem impossible thngs for me - and she is usually right.

Sometimes we need to hear the things we dont really want to hear - and usually people know they risk losing friendship but the overwhelming motivation is to try and help -

even if it is then thrown back - it is also true that sadly when people post it is impossible to always be able to read the tone - this also adds to mis understanding.

When you post in a forum it is like asking a question - you have to be prepared for replies you dont want to hear as well as those you do...hazard of the action.

No "winners" in this kind of thing - but i have to say there is a valuable wealth of life experience on these boards - and i have to say - i dont recall any negative remarks on the thread in question - maybe some alternative ways to look at the situation - but i dont recall anyone being appalling rude i suspect there was attempt to try and offer some balanced views because after all....once you have got the anger out of the system - then you have to get back on the path to sort it out.

You really had to search to find this one just so you could have a bit of a dig at H_A, didn't you?

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Have some respect :( *hugs* HA.

Dawn.

Dawny(UK) and Tommy(South Carolina) The Journey Begins!!

- January 17, 2007 - Sent I-129F

- January 23, 2007 - I-129F received at TSC!

- January 30, 2007 - NOA1 sent!

- February 1, 2007 - Touched!

- February 2, 2007 - Cheque cashed by CSC!

- February 5, 2007 - Tommy received NOA1 (Hard copy!) Yay!

- April 5, 2007 - Tommy is coming to me for 12 days yay!! :)

- Impatiently waiting!

- April 27, 2007 - NOA2!! :)

- April 28, 2007 - Touched, oh my!

- May 11, 2007 - NVC receives our stuffs :)

- May 15, 2007 - NVC Sends our stuffs to London, yay! :)

- May 29, 2007 - Packet 3 received.

- June 7 , 2007 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

- July 11, 2007 - Received Packet 4.

- August 16, 2007 - Interview at 10AM :)

- March 19, 2008 - Court allows permission to take my daughter to live in the US! :)

- March 31, 2008 - Sent Passports and documents to the Embassy. Waiting for Visas...

- April 10, 2008 - Visas in hand!!! Omgosh!!

- June 23, 2008 - Going home to my man, finally :) POE (ATL)

- 08-08-08 - Wedding :)

- 08-21-10 - 2 year Green Card received! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You really had to search to find this one just so you could have a bit of a dig at H_A, didn't you?

I really don't think that it was intentional.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I have no idea if it was or wasn't, but I would surely hope not. Someone in the position HA is right now really wouldn't need to be picked at! Hopefully it was just one of those *similar* threads that came up at the bottom of the screen or something, because it would be pretty nasty for someon to have gone digging for it...most of the people on this site really are fantastic, but, unfortunately, I can think of a select few who would do it! :wacko: M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

agreed. a very cheap shot indeed. :ranting:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dirty and low down ! I hope it was an *accident* .

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.