homesick_american

Our journey is over, so this is goodbye

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Since our journey is now complete I don't feel there's any point in remaining here, especially in view of what happened the other day on Off Topic. I feel that life is too short to tolerate that sort of treatment from anyone, for any reason.

I do want to thank the people who tried to help us for their kind and supportive words; you helped a lot and we're very grateful for that.

Good luck to all of you on your visa journeys, and it's too bad we couldn't all get along.

(F)

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Timeline

What did I miss?

Well hell.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

I'm glad you have had a successful approval! Best of luck to you homesick!

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
Since our journey is now complete I don't feel there's any point in remaining here, especially in view of what happened the other day on Off Topic. I feel that life is too short to tolerate that sort of treatment from anyone, for any reason.

(F)

Well, homesick_american, I don't personally know what has happened to you, you seem very sad and disappointed, but I know that we will never succeed in satisfying all the people in this world, that we will never manage to be loved by all those around us. Just stick to your group of friends, to those who've proved loyal and ready to accept you with both your qualities and your defects. None of us is perfect...God bless! (F)

Congrats and good bye.

It's a two way street ya know.

I missed it too.

I've been here long enough to see oodles of people say they're going, but it don't take long for them to crawl back for more either.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
I've been here long enough to see oodles of people say they're going, but it don't take long for them to crawl back for more either.

:yes::yes::thumbs:

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

I'm glad I missed it. Business travel does have it's advantages.

See ya!

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Ok I must have missed something too

All the best with your future x

K1

I-129F Sent : 19th October 2005

Interview Date 10th October 2006 10am

Interview Approved 7th November 2006

Visa delivered 9th November 2006

Finally where I belong S.C with my man 19th November 2006 WOOO HOOO!!!

Got Married 14th January 2007

AOS

Sent AOS docs 31st January 2007

USPS confirm delivered to USCIS 06th February 2007

I-797C Notice of Action dtd 9th Feb recvd 12th February 2007 (both my son and myself)

Biometrics Appointment 1st March 2007

Transfered to CSC 11th April 2007

GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 9th July 2007 All done till 2009!!!!!

CONGRATS!!! :dance::dance:

Good luck with all your future plans.....I have enjoyed your posts and your photography is stunning :thumbs:

Congratulations and good luck with your new life ahead.

As an aside it is always sad to see some people feel they have to leave because of things people may or may not have said. For myself being old :lol: i have discovered in this life people often say things one doesn't like to hear and oft times we hear things that were never actually said (nowhere more so than on the internet) but as far as VJ goes once my initial journey was complete I personally felt a duty to stick around and offer (where I could) advice to those who followed after me on this long and tortuous path in many ways in thanks and gratitude for those who previously stuck around and in their turn helped me. If none with the expereince of these paths ever stayed around and shared their wisdom this site could not function so to those who helped me a big thank you and to those who stick around despite the daily drama that is VJ an even bigger thankyou :thumbs:

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.