island girl2010

it has been 8 months!!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all! I need you to help me with my current case status. It has been a very tiring, long, difficult, stressed eight long months of waiting! I got an RFE Nov 2011 and sent documentations Dec 2011. They said we have to wait for 60 days from receipt of said RFE documents.

I tried to call (beneficiary) but they won't give any information because they want my fiance (petitioner) to do the calling. Here is the problem, my fiance cannot talk at the moment. He underwent removal of his vocal cords last November 2011. He is now on the process of learning to talk with a gadget. It has been difficult for him. His lone surviving aunt sent a letter of inquiry for and in behalf last week. No response. Every time I browse on our case status it has always been the same from the date of receipt.

Can anyone please shed light on how to go about this? We really need your precious input on this matter. PLEASE HELP.

THANK YOU

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Write to the Ombudsman

If you have any medical reports then send them to prove he had surgery

cisombudsman@dhs.gov

How Can the Ombudsman Help?

If you have tried these regular USCIS avenues and have not received the information you seek, please submit DHS Form 7001 to the Ombudsman. We will look into your case and review how we may be of assistance.

If you have a comment about the NCSC or the above USCIS customer service process, please send the Ombudsman an email at cisombudsman@dhs.gov. Please note that the Ombudsman can request that USCIS review an NCSC call to further understand your inquiry, if you called the NCSC within the last 90 days. It is also helpful to have the date and time of the call, the phone number you used to make the call, as well as the ID number of the customer service representative or the officer’s name with whom you spoke.

For all other inquiries, please submit DHS Form 7001 to our office.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

He should be able to use TRS (relay service), similar to deaf phone customers. It's basically where you go through an operator- you type, the operator talks for you.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

He should be able to use TRS (relay service), similar to deaf phone customers. It's basically where you go through an operator- you type, the operator talks for you.

:thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Write to the Ombudsman

If you have any medical reports then send them to prove he had surgery

cisombudsman@dhs.gov

How Can the Ombudsman Help?

If you have tried these regular USCIS avenues and have not received the information you seek, please submit DHS Form 7001 to the Ombudsman. We will look into your case and review how we may be of assistance.

If you have a comment about the NCSC or the above USCIS customer service process, please send the Ombudsman an email at cisombudsman@dhs.gov. Please note that the Ombudsman can request that USCIS review an NCSC call to further understand your inquiry, if you called the NCSC within the last 90 days. It is also helpful to have the date and time of the call, the phone number you used to make the call, as well as the ID number of the customer service representative or the officer’s name with whom you spoke.

For all other inquiries, please submit DHS Form 7001 to our office.

Hi! thank you so much for taking your time to help. I don't know why USCIS forgot our petition. They just don't know how my fiance feels, what he is going through alone without a voice. I am his voice, I am so far away and it is very expensive for us that I am dealing with all his medical needs. There is nothing more I can do. I am with him on the web after work and his waking moments.

I am from the Philippines, the beneficiary I don't know if Ombudsman will hear me out. Because of his inability to talk for now, he evades meeting people. Only his colleagues at work and some neighbors sees him. I don't really know the mechanics of your system too. I AM REALLY IN NEED OF YOUR HELP..THANK YOU

Timeline

Hi! thank you so much for taking your time to help. I don't know why USCIS forgot our petition. They just don't know how my fiance feels, what he is going through alone without a voice. I am his voice, I am so far away and it is very expensive for us that I am dealing with all his medical needs. There is nothing more I can do. I am with him on the web after work and his waking moments.

I am from the Philippines, the beneficiary I don't know if Ombudsman will hear me out. Because of his inability to talk for now, he evades meeting people. Only his colleagues at work and some neighbors sees him. I don't really know the mechanics of your system too. I AM REALLY IN NEED OF YOUR HELP..THANK YOU

By the way, looking at your profile, you are also from Georgia? My fiance is from Georgia too, Snellville Ga. It's nice to know that you belong to one state.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

USCIS Service Centers

If you contacted the National Customer Service Center with a case-related inquiry and more than 30 days have passed and you have not received a response, you may email the appropriate USCIS Service Center with your inquiry:

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi to all! I need you to help me with my current case status. It has been a very tiring, long, difficult, stressed eight long months of waiting! I got an RFE Nov 2011 and sent documentations Dec 2011. They said we have to wait for 60 days from receipt of said RFE documents.

I tried to call (beneficiary) but they won't give any information because they want my fiance (petitioner) to do the calling. Here is the problem, my fiance cannot talk at the moment. He underwent removal of his vocal cords last November 2011. He is now on the process of learning to talk with a gadget. It has been difficult for him. His lone surviving aunt sent a letter of inquiry for and in behalf last week. No response. Every time I browse on our case status it has always been the same from the date of receipt.

Can anyone please shed light on how to go about this? We really need your precious input on this matter. PLEASE HELP.

THANK YOU

What was your RFE for?

Timeline

What was your RFE for?

Hi! the RFE was about his DUI's that was committed 20 years ago. We sent USCIS the pertinent documents and all of which are cleared. Actually he was never apprehended or what, I really don't know how it is in the US. But I was the one who gathered all the court dispositions and submitted them all to my fiance and he sent it to USCIS. From there on, nothing has been said or done about our case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are not alone dear. I have been waiting too. If you havnt heard anything, you are probably like us and you are stuck in background checks. There is no telling how long. I have been calling once a week. And that website isn't always accurate. As far as mine goes, the lady at customer service said after they received my rfe, my case went straight to background checks, so the date on the website is correct. I wish you luck.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

THANK YOU

See my timeline. By the way, has he tried to get the case expedited because of his condition?

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.