Fandango

The ignroe button

The ignore button  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the

• Yes, I will use the button
    • Why would I censor what I see? I can ignore things on my own without a button
  2. 2. IF YOU USE THE IGNORE FEATURE

• I will threaten people with the fact that I'm putting them on ignore
    • I just put them on ignore and that's that
    • Doesn't apply
  3. 3. Do you use the ignore feature:

• For trolls
    • For people you fight with
    • Trolls and fights are fun so I don't use the ignore feature!

37 posts in this topic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Kind of a loaded question, no? Since apparently anyone who uses the ignore feature is acting like a baby?

I'm asking what you think, that's all :)

Lisa,

In the first question, you have an option for those who will use it and an option for those who claim they wouldn't want to use it. There is no option for those who already have used it. (yes, i'm being nitpicky here lol)

And no, I don't think you're just asking what people think. I think you're piling on and enjoying it :P

Edited by Gupt

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Kind of a loaded question, no? Since apparently anyone who uses the ignore feature is acting like a baby?

I'm asking what you think, that's all :)

Lisa,

In the first question, you have an option for those who will use it and an option for those who claim they wouldn't want to use it. There is no option for those who already have used it. (yes, i'm being nitpicky here lol)

And no, I don't think you're just asking what people think. I think you're piling on and enjoying it :P

Pile, schmile :P

Actually, you're half right....I am compounding a situation, but I am THOROUGHLY interested in the answers. It's no great secret that I think the ignore button is lame....never used it, never will. But IMO what's even lamer is TELLING someone you're going to put them on ignore.

Damn, shoulda made that a question too.

;)

Oh, and what's lamer than THAT is responding to someone you've already publicly claimed to be ignoring.....and then saying they're going BACK on ignore :lol:

Edited by LisaD

I haven't ever used it and tend to forget about it most of the time.....it is useless to me because I just couldn't rest until I knew what was being said :lol::lol:

but now that you have bought it up I may have to give a whirl and see how it works

*runs off to find a member to ignore* :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Question 3 needs a "doesn't apply" kind of choice, otherwise it won't let the poll be entered. (I chose in question 1 that I don't use ignore and that question 2 doesn't apply to me. Neither does question 3, but the system won't let me not answer anything there and none of the choices apply based on my answers to 1 & 2.)

Unless of course it's early and I'm sleepy and somehow missed something here. :lol:

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Ok then. My answers:

Yes I would use it. Under extreme circumstances, like Ewok is on extended vacation and a spammer army has invaded VJ.

If I use it, I won't tell anyone.

I haven't ever used it and tend to forget about it most of the time.....it is useless to me because I just couldn't rest until I knew what was being said :lol::lol:

but now that you have bought it up I may have to give a whirl and see how it works

*runs off to find a member to ignore* :P

haha I did that once. Just to see how it worked. Ignored a n00b on the K1 forum for about a minute.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Question 3 needs a "doesn't apply" kind of choice, otherwise it won't let the poll be entered. (I chose in question 1 that I don't use ignore and that question 2 doesn't apply to me. Neither does question 3, but the system won't let me not answer anything there and none of the choices apply based on my answers to 1 & 2.)

Unless of course it's early and I'm sleepy and somehow missed something here. :lol:

Let's just rename option 3 on question 3 as 'doesn't apply'

I tried to edit it before anyone had responded (as you'll all note the spelling in the title) but only the comment came up...no title, no poll....hrmmm

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I've only ignored one member EVER...and usually i'd end up seeing what he posted anyway throuhg ppl replying or my own morbid curiousty.

He doesn't post here much anymore so it's kinda moot.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

I decide what to ignore (no button), 2nd doesn't apply (for PM's, I can just delete without response), have been in several (one instigated by me) flame-wars.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

No need for an ignore button, in my opinion. Either a person is violating the TOS, and should therefore be reported penalised, if that's deemed necessary by admins, or else they have a right to offer their views.

Maturity involves learning how to phrase something, even if that concept is diametrically opposed to someone else's, without being insulting or rude. If they can't manage to do that, then that's where the TOS comes into play.

As far as the vast majority of cases where members speculate a post to be the work of a troll, without all the facts, to consider someone that might pop on here with a rather unusual or shocking story or concern is a troll, is not only wrong but a little arrogant. How are any of us to know?

Frankly, were I to post a couple of facts, no doubt they could fall into that category...

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I didn't even know that there was an ignore button. Well anyways..I am pretty good at ignoring people without the use of the button, I haven't had to ignore anybody here...as for fighting, I know when to concede...

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

No need for an ignore button, in my opinion. Either a person is violating the TOS, and should therefore be reported penalised, if that's deemed necessary by admins, or else they have a right to offer their views.

Maturity involves learning how to phrase something, even if that concept is diametrically opposed to someone else's, without being insulting or rude. If they can't manage to do that, then that's where the TOS comes into play.

As far as the vast majority of cases where members speculate a post to be the work of a troll, without all the facts, to consider someone that might pop on here with a rather unusual or shocking story or concern is a troll, is not only wrong but a little arrogant. How are any of us to know?

Frankly, were I to post a couple of facts, no doubt they could fall into that category...

A little long, mermaid; IMO, you could have left off the last two paragraphs (as I really couldn't see their relevance to the poll)

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

A little long, mermaid; IMO, you could have left off the last two paragraphs (as I really couldn't see their relevance to the poll)

Really? I thought they addressed this part..

Do you use the ignore feature:

For trolls

For people you fight with

Trolls and fights are fun so I don't use the ignore feature!

Sorry about the length...I guess you could have pressed the ignore button :lol::lol:

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.