Gigli2008

How long does NVC take to issue Case Number

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Approved on 30th July and received case number on 20th August 2012 (took around 21 days).

Edited by kpatel

USCIS:

12/06/2011 - Married

01/17/2012 - I-130 Sent

01/18/2012 - NOA1 Date

07/30/2012 - NOA2 Email Received (194 Days since NOA1)

NVC:

07/30/2012 - Case arrived at NVC building

08/20/2012 - Received case #, IIN, gave both e-mail addresses

08/20/2012 - E-mailed DS-3032 (used email template & also attached scanned copy)

08/27/2012 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID online

08/28/2012 - AOS bill appears as PAID

08/29/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

08/30/2012 - IV bill invoiced & PAID online

08/31/2012 - IV bill appears as PAID

08/31/2012 - AOS Package sent (via priority mail)

08/31/2012 - IV Package sent (via priority mail)

09/04/2012 - NVC received both packets (due to weekend & labor day holiday)

09/11/2012 - AOS/I-864 accepted

09/17/2012 - RFE for DS-230 ques 30

09/19/2012 - Mailed new DS-230 by overnight mail

09/21/2012 - New DS-230 delivered at NVC

10/01/2012 - IV Package accepted

10/01/2012 - Case Complete

10/02/2012 - Interview date assigned by email

Mumbai Consulate:

10/05/2012 - Medical Done (Got the report on same day)

11/07/2012 - Interview @ Mumbai Consulate (Result: APPROVED)

11/09/2012 - Passport Pick up

11/22/2012 - POE Atlanta

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They can only email your case number (and other correspondence) if they have an email address on file. And for them to have an email address on file, you need to provide it to an operator once a case number is assigned. They may have the petitioner's email address from the G-1145, but it's not a guarantee. If they don't have any email addresses on file, then they have no choice but to snail mail packages. This is the whole point of calling.

they dont Always email the case number Jeep calling

they dont always email case number keep calling

• 1 year later...
Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been waiting since 12/1/2015 and they still cant issue a case number...

Don't know what to do as calling and sending them emails has no results.

They say it can take up to 42 days which is so ridiculous... why don't these people hire more people if they

are so backed up?

I'll be dead by the time I finally get all the approvals for a fiancé visa!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Ive also been waiting for NVC to receive my case since my I130 approval since Dec 1 2015. I called USCIS and asked to speak to tier 2. They said even though my case was approved on dec 1st, that it was actually mailed out on Jan 7th 2016. I think the wait is on the USCIS's part

I've been waiting since 12/1/2015 and they still cant issue a case number...
Don't know what to do as calling and sending them emails has no results.
They say it can take up to 42 days which is so ridiculous... why don't these people hire more people if they
are so backed up?

I'll be dead by the time I finally get all the approvals for a fiancé visa!

Timeline

I finally got the case #...so now jumping on the next line to wait for them to issue the interview date.

Its just one long line after another at your local friendly us govt office.....

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I've been waiting since 12/1/2015 and they still cant issue a case number...Don't know what to do as calling and sending them emails has no results.They say it can take up to 42 days which is so ridiculous... why don't these people hire more people if theyare so backed up?I'll be dead by the time I finally get all the approvals for a fiancé visa!

It has been a month since my noa2 hard copy how long did it take you to get a case number?is it normal to wait this long?

Edited by Silvergold

Timeline

your almost there, it took another 2 weeks after the they said they sent the file to the embassy.

whole process after no2 was like 6-7 weeks. they are slow as and after no2 nothing u can do except call them and ask for the case number. once u got the case # about 1-2 weeks this case is ready for interview date and you should call the embassy to make the appointment, if they tell you to wait for the letter, DONT wait make the appointment. The letter still has not arrived and its been 3 weeks since they got the file.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

your almost there, it took another 2 weeks after the they said they sent the file to the embassy.whole process after no2 was like 6-7 weeks. they are slow as #### and after no2 nothing u can do except call them and ask for the case number. once u got the case # about 1-2 weeks this case is ready for interview date and you should call the embassy to make the appointment, if they tell you to wait for the letter, DONT wait make the appointment. The letter still has not arrived and its been 3 weeks since they got the file.

Thank you alot for the quick answer i'm afraid because i read that when it takes this long it maybe means that they lost my case file I hope you get your visa approved soon!best of luck

• 2 years later...

Hi there

I had my I 140 approved in March 6

On March 13 my case was sent to NVC

On April 2 called NVC and they said they have my case but have not been assigned a case number.

April 4 th They said they are in the process on issueing a case number but it can take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks after the received the case to issue a case number.

Has anyone been through such. Any idea if i will have to wait that long for a case number. Any tricks to get around the wait time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.