lovestory1000

sending money from africa to usa to my wife

36 posts in this topic

hello , i got a Rfe last week and they are asking about how we meet , how we talk and some evidence that we are still in contact since our wedding here africa. they ask about call evidence, card and so on. my worry is that i am african and my wife is an american and she work part time and go to school, so sometime i send her money to help for the rent and gaz, i want to send those receip to them so that it act as marital support but i am afraid they think that i am trying to pay my wife to immigrate there. is it a problem if the money is sent from usa to africa for the uscis. is it a good or bad thing to send them the reciept on western union money transfert?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think the majority of people will say it will look like you are paying her.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

ok , i see but what about if i ask her just to send them just one reciept of 140 dollar, just in case they want to see marital support? because i have never send her any card or buy something for her on internet or what, i just send money.

Edited by lovestory1000

Timeline

This is just one opinion..... Do not do it.

I do not know if Gabon is a high fraud country (never heard of it) but if it is a middle east or north african country then it will be a red flag that shows you pay her to be your wife. So, do not send any of them.

If you do not have chat, webcams, phone calls, emails, cards sent in the mail then how do you communicate?

Send everything else you have. Plane tickets, hotel bills, her credit card bills from purpchses she made in your country

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

well i use to send more than 1000 dollar, but according to togetherforever13 and one topic i read on this forum , people can think that i am trying to pay her so i was asking if an amount like 140dollar could be ok, just one reciept instead of thousands dollar i already sent. ok thank for you help in advence

but the way i got skype call log , alln from the wedding till now i request it from skype customer service because i made everyday skype to phone call. i got thousands email and chat log too. but i was just trying to put marital support but i think i give up. i am going to call her to ask her to not send it, because we plan to send everything tomorow.

Edited by lovestory1000

Timeline

Can you please edit your timeline so that your country flag shows up under your name? Then your questions will flow to the country of yours and they can answer your questions best.

Edit/Add timeline

it is the 6th box down

it says BENEFICIARYS COUNTRY

there is another box about number 10th down that says consulate or embassy.

fill in both

good luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Can you please edit your timeline so that your country flag shows up under your name? Then your questions will flow to the country of yours and they can answer your questions best.

Edit/Add timeline

it is the 6th box down

it says BENEFICIARYS COUNTRY

there is another box about number 10th down that says consulate or embassy.

fill in both

good luck

already done

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hello , i got a Rfe last week and they are asking about how we meet , how we talk and some evidence that we are still in contact since our wedding here africa. they ask about call evidence, card and so on. my worry is that i am african and my wife is an american and she work part time and go to school, so sometime i send her money to help for the rent and gaz, i want to send those receip to them so that it act as marital support but i am afraid they think that i am trying to pay my wife to immigrate there. is it a problem if the money is sent from usa to africa for the uscis. is it a good or bad thing to send them the reciept on western union money transfert?

I will trust and say you are an honest man and your wife is an honest lady.

If the Consular officer put you under oath or put her under oath and asked if any money was sent by you or by her?

The answer has to be truthful. There is no choice.

In the thousands of email can you find discussion between you and her that shows she had a legitimate need for funds and you helped her out.

May be she had a medical condition or had a sick child or other relative.

TRUTH CAN NOT BE BURIED.

Trust in God and if you have truth on your side then stick to the Truth.

Good luck. May God bless you and your spouse.

married in India Dec 2007

filed I-130 on Sept 22 2011

Priority Date Sept 26 2011

NOA1 Sept 28 2011

NOA2 February 21, 2012 God bless USCIS folks for working on our behalf. Thanks

thanks maiortum for the advice. yes in some email she asked me about help to pay the rent when she has lot of problem to face there. it does not happen often but some time she could be lack of money and i just help. but do you think that it's important for that stage on the uscis. do i need to show this part of our history by sending the receipt. maybe can cause red flag or to send just one and wait if they need it there or here at the embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

thanks maiortum for the advice. yes in some email she asked me about help to pay the rent when she has lot of problem to face there. it does not happen often but some time she could be lack of money and i just help. but do you think that it's important for that stage on the uscis. do i need to show this part of our history by sending the receipt. maybe can cause red flag or to send just one and wait if they need it there or here at the embassy.

The rule I follow in my life is that God knows everything and I just don't think one should hide anything. You seem like an honest mand and you were helping your spouse. Most reasonable people would help their wife or husband. Not telling the whole truth is never an option for me. God bless you. Pray and do the right thing. Good luck. Many blessings.

married in India Dec 2007

filed I-130 on Sept 22 2011

Priority Date Sept 26 2011

NOA1 Sept 28 2011

NOA2 February 21, 2012 God bless USCIS folks for working on our behalf. Thanks

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

already done

If you already updated your profile, we would see the country and flag. We don't, so you haven't.

How money transfers in either direction will be viewed, would depend on the totality of circumstances but I generally advise against using money transfers as evidence of a relationship. This is BECAUSE they can be viewed either negatively or positively (from either direction). It's best to concentrate on other forms of evidence of relationship. The most powerful evidence is that which shows you spending time together in person. Passport stamps and/or boarding passes do that. Second, is evidence of how and how frequently you communicate. Third is photos together.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The rule I follow in my life is that God knows everything and I just don't think one should hide anything. You seem like an honest mand and you were helping your spouse. Most reasonable people would help their wife or husband. Not telling the whole truth is never an option for me. God bless you. Pray and do the right thing. Good luck. Many blessings.

Thanks man .

Timeline

Please listen to the majority on VJ and do not just listen to the one person you want to agree with you.

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

If you already updated your profile, we would see the country and flag. We don't, so you haven't.

How money transfers in either direction will be viewed, would depend on the totality of circumstances but I generally advise against using money transfers as evidence of a relationship. This is BECAUSE they can be viewed either negatively or positively (from either direction). It's best to concentrate on other forms of evidence of relationship. The most powerful evidence is that which shows you spending time together in person. Passport stamps and/or boarding passes do that. Second, is evidence of how and how frequently you communicate. Third is photos together.

thanks for your reply. i have already set up my country chosing Gabon in time line edition,Beneficiary's Country: gabon and Embassy:gabon , so it must be a bug from the visajourney website.

finaly i think i am not going to send the receipt unless they ask me about it. thank everybody for you help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.