lovestory1000

sending money from africa to usa to my wife

36 posts in this topic

well i use to send more than 1000 dollar, but according to togetherforever13 and one topic i read on this forum , people can think that i am trying to pay her so i was asking if an amount like 140dollar could be ok, just one reciept instead of thousands dollar i already sent. ok thank for you help in advence

but the way i got skype call log , alln from the wedding till now i request it from skype customer service because i made everyday skype to phone call. i got thousands email and chat log too. but i was just trying to put marital support but i think i give up. i am going to call her to ask her to not send it, because we plan to send everything tomorow.

Lovestory1000 has given you the best answer...forget the idea and look for something else to show.

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Has she visited you since the first trip? Do you have travel arrangements and receipts, passport stamps, boarding pass, email, date stamped photos, yahoo or Skype logs, cards that u sent? If your head/ heart is saying don't send the receipts now is not the time to ignore it.

Filed: Timeline

I really understand the feeling here, we all want to do the best thing to see us through this process. Sending any money receipt will send a red flag since you are from africa. We need to be reasonable here and use discretion. Using discretion is not being dishonest...so just use other material evidence emails and other stuff you will be ok.

we met one time it was for our wedding and since almost 11 months we have not meet again but always use skype to talk and yahoo messenger, email too. i already make her print 10 email per months, 100 pages of our chat conversation, all i sent to her my skype call log history for 11 months. we did not plane any trip cause we did not thougth that it could take so much time. we were not definitly prepared for so long time process. ok i think everybody is right. tomorow i am sending them just copy of receipt of skype minute purchase for verification account, hundred of email and around 100 or 150 page of my yahoo chat conversation. i think that the red flag is from the fact i am in africa because i sent them all the evidence possible. bunch of picture at the time hall with the mayor and all the family, picture of the church ceremonie, picture of the reception with hundred of people, picture of the sunday ceremoni for close freind and parent and other picture of place we visited. ok i hope all the news evidence to show that we are still in contact will be helpful. thanks everyone

I sent money to Karen only because it was cheaper than sending some things and shipping them, and it helped pay for internet access too. Money is a legitimate gift, but it can be widely left to interpretation. Best to send the results of the money. If you send her $50 and she buys a necklace with it, she can say you got her the necklace, which you did. Money is just an easier medium to transfer things.

As for trusting in God, that's fine, but it will never remove responsibilities from you or your fiance. You do not want RFEs and denials. There are some things God puts completely in YOUR hands.

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please listen and do not submit evidence that is not in your favor. Think like the CO not the person in this process. If you were presented with papers showing that you Beneficiary ia sending money (quite a bit for someone from Nigeria I might add). But the whole point of evidence is to show you are in a legitimate real loving relationship. You don't have tell show all your business unless asked. Of course if they ask you , you answer honestly. But no DO NOT send in those receipts. And tell her do not submit from her end her receipts.

Pushbrk gave you the 4 biggest things you focus on for evidence. Listen to him and others. They have been there done that.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

have u submitted stamped passport pictures, flight inteneries, a letter on how you met, phone records before and after you submitted petition, pictures,... the reciepts can be ok since you are married, but i think they need more than that..

Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

we met one time it was for our wedding and since almost 11 months we have not meet again but always use skype to talk and yahoo messenger, email too. i already make her print 10 email per months, 100 pages of our chat conversation, all i sent to her my skype call log history for 11 months. we did not plane any trip cause we did not thougth that it could take so much time. we were not definitly prepared for so long time process. ok i think everybody is right. tomorow i am sending them just copy of receipt of skype minute purchase for verification account, hundred of email and around 100 or 150 page of my yahoo chat conversation. i think that the red flag is from the fact i am in africa because i sent them all the evidence possible. bunch of picture at the time hall with the mayor and all the family, picture of the church ceremonie, picture of the reception with hundred of people, picture of the sunday ceremoni for close freind and parent and other picture of place we visited. ok i hope all the news evidence to show that we are still in contact will be helpful. thanks everyone

u definately should make efforts to meet again.. ur married and you dont see each other? ur interview could be tough

Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

One last item ask her to have some of her friends and family to write statements pertaining to what they know about your relationship/marriage and notarize them. What you have and these letters should show your relationship is still going strong. GOOD LUCK!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As far as I understand his original post. He from Africa is sending money to his WIFE in the US, correct?

They are Married, that's why he calls her wife. I don't see any fraud or buying a wife in it.

OP: are you being realistic with your journey ( be with you wife and live together) or buying a wife ( immigration purpose). Here is how things go also.

You are or you will what you think.

You are giving people hints of your purpose, I guess. You are not asking help.

----------------K1 Journey---------------

02/01/2010 - Sent I-129F sent to CSC Express Mail

02/03/2010 - Date on NOA1

02/09/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy arrived in mail

03/18/2010 - NOA2 approval mailed by CSC (per USCIS.org)43 Days from NOA1

03/23/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

06/18/2010 - Interview Passed PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!!

07/02/2010 - Visa received!

07/03/2010 & 07/05/2010 - PRISM Seminar & CFO Sticker (We are all set

08/08/2010 - May's POE Detroit, MI USA

09/24/2010 - Received SSN Card

10/08/2010 - Wedding

----------------AOS Journey---------------

12/07/2010 - Submitted AOS/EAD Package

12/14/2010 - NOA1 Received

12/27/2010 - Biometrics Completed

01/20/2011 - AOS Transfered to CSC

01/26/2011 - AOS Received by CSC

02/16/2011 - EAD Approved

N/A - AOS Appointment

02/22/2011 - AOS Appproved

02/26/2011 - EAD Card Received

02/27/2011 - Green Card Received

01/19/2013 - Mailed I-751

##/##/2013 - NOA1 Received

##/##/2013 - BIometrics Appointment

##/##/2013 - Interview

##/##/2013 - 10 Year Green Card Issued

FV%20US%20-%20Reg.jpg

As far as I understand his original post. He from Africa is sending money to his WIFE in the US, correct?

They are Married, that's why he calls her wife. I don't see any fraud or buying a wife in it.

OP: are you being realistic with your journey ( be with you wife and live together) or buying a wife ( immigration purpose). Here is how things go also.

You are or you will what you think.

You are giving people hints of your purpose, I guess. You are not asking help.

I really dont understand your post but what i can say is that i am asking about advice, yes. I see how helpful is this forum and how much it has been usefull for lot of people so why not to ask to be sure abefore doing something, especiallly as its our last chance, i just dont want to send something that could cause prejudice to my case. Ok anyway i think most of people here think that its not a good idea even if we are maried. So like i said before i will not send those reciept. I think it's better. Thank anyway for your post

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The bottom line is how YOUR embassy views certain things. Some countries have no issues the Beneficiary to Petitioner although I am sure rare. Its seems you have a bigger issue to handle and that's time together. Unless your first met and married was a long visit.

I too knew my husband 21 months before I traveled to Nigeria to marry. I was there 6 weeks being courted than we married. I stayed 6 months. Just got back in September. You will need to show alot. You sending money well nice and all and shows support I mean you are the man it should be a plus not a minus. But just keep that evidence for interview time is all that's being said.

I am the USC and the woman and even me sending money for all kinds of things that are needed for him and family can be misinterpreted as he trying to get a "sugar momma" and just wanting a green-card. So we will just keep evidence and only present if asked.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really dont understand your post but what i can say is that i am asking about advice, yes. I see how helpful is this forum and how much it has been usefull for lot of people so why not to ask to be sure abefore doing something, especiallly as its our last chance, i just dont want to send something that could cause prejudice to my case. Ok anyway i think most of people here think that its not a good idea even if we are maried. So like i said before i will not send those reciept. I think it's better. Thank anyway for your post

I don't imply any bad thoughts towards you. I have read posts and some people replied differently ( but based on your post.)

Your embassy asked you for specific things to submit then follow it. If in your interview they ask about money or support, you can or can't tell them.

The CO will know if you are being honest with your purpose.

Us too, we depended on VJers help throughout our journey.

----------------K1 Journey---------------

02/01/2010 - Sent I-129F sent to CSC Express Mail

02/03/2010 - Date on NOA1

02/09/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy arrived in mail

03/18/2010 - NOA2 approval mailed by CSC (per USCIS.org)43 Days from NOA1

03/23/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

06/18/2010 - Interview Passed PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!!

07/02/2010 - Visa received!

07/03/2010 & 07/05/2010 - PRISM Seminar & CFO Sticker (We are all set

08/08/2010 - May's POE Detroit, MI USA

09/24/2010 - Received SSN Card

10/08/2010 - Wedding

----------------AOS Journey---------------

12/07/2010 - Submitted AOS/EAD Package

12/14/2010 - NOA1 Received

12/27/2010 - Biometrics Completed

01/20/2011 - AOS Transfered to CSC

01/26/2011 - AOS Received by CSC

02/16/2011 - EAD Approved

N/A - AOS Appointment

02/22/2011 - AOS Appproved

02/26/2011 - EAD Card Received

02/27/2011 - Green Card Received

01/19/2013 - Mailed I-751

##/##/2013 - NOA1 Received

##/##/2013 - BIometrics Appointment

##/##/2013 - Interview

##/##/2013 - 10 Year Green Card Issued

FV%20US%20-%20Reg.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.