danielleNJ

how long for packet 4?!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

hello all!

how long has everyone waited for packet 4 from sydney? tuesday will be 2 weeks since they received our packet 3. how much longer should we expect?

this stage is almost worse than waiting for the NOA2 cause we know how close it is!

-danielle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Oh my!

While I have no clue on how long it takes in Australia, I feel your pain!

I dropped mine off, personally, on Feb 16th... we've had 3 holidays since then; which means the Embassy staff didn't go into work. I'm so anxious wacko.gif I think I'm going to go shopping or something... to ease up on the anxiety!

I keep telling myself "Tomorrow you'll wake up and find an Email from the Embassy".... so far it hasn't worked.

Staring at my email inbox, hoping to magically produce the email, hasn't worked either lol rofl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It took about a week for me to get mine. If you haven't heard anything then maybe email them?

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh my!

I dropped mine off, personally, on Feb 16th... we've had 3 holidays since then; which means the Embassy staff didn't go into work. I'm so anxious wacko.gif I think I'm going to go shopping or something... to ease up on the anxiety!

I keep telling myself "Tomorrow you'll wake up and find an Email from the Embassy".... so far it hasn't worked.

Staring at my email inbox, hoping to magically produce the email, hasn't worked either lol rofl.gif

Wow you dropped yours in in person????? Is that allowed? I asked the same question and an experienced VJer told me not to, as they sort the mails differently. Did you ask people in your country?

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh my!

i actually just decided to call up the DOS since we hadn't heard anything yet. the lady told me that his interview is booked for march 13th at 11am. i don't know why we haven't received anything confirming that yet but i'll sort that out monday cause for now i am SO EXCITED.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow you dropped yours in in person????? Is that allowed? I asked the same question and an experienced VJer told me not to, as they sort the mails differently. Did you ask people in your country?

I don't know if it's not "allowed" (though I have read it isn't here in the US) so much as foolish. I personally know what goes on at a regular reception desk and can ashamedly admit that one girl came into our office once and handed me her resume. I was so busy I took it and put it aside and COMPLETELY forgot about it until a long time later. We weren't hiring so it wasn't that big a deal but I still felt bad. I much prefer the idea of the mail being processed properly.

i actually just decided to call up the DOS since we hadn't heard anything yet. the lady told me that his interview is booked for march 13th at 11am. i don't know why we haven't received anything confirming that yet but i'll sort that out monday cause for now i am SO EXCITED.

He should email the consulate and they will (most often) reply with P4.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah with the dropping off, it's also an issue with whether I can get up there to drop it off. Cos under my impression, consulates are very strict, they search your bags at the entrance and ask you why are you visiting etc. Is it?

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Mhmmm, to actually get past security you have to show them your interview letter

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah with the dropping off, it's also an issue with whether I can get up there to drop it off. Cos under my impression, consulates are very strict, they search your bags at the entrance and ask you why are you visiting etc. Is it?

Yeah... could be why that person is still waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.