Gary and Alla

Another stupid gun law bites the dust

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Virginia has repealed its "one gun a month law" after discovering it had no effect on crime and only restricted our rights. Again and again it is shown...more guns, less crime!

As a collector I strongly oppose such laws as they can easily cause me major headaches while doing nothing to stop crime...particularly since we find that the biggest supplier of guns to Mexican narco terrorists is the Obama administration.

Since 1986...

The GCA '68 was repealed, the Brady Handgun Act has been repealed, 44 states added concealed carry, Heller decision, McDonald decision,the act protecting firearms manufacturers freom lawsuits was implmented, the AWB was allowed to die, gun ownership up 32% crime down 29%

Victory after victory for our rights! :dance:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Since 1986...

The GCA '68 was repealed, the Brady Handgun Act has been repealed, 44 states added concealed carry, Heller decision, McDonald decision,the act protecting firearms manufacturers freom lawsuits was implmented, the AWB was allowed to die, gun ownership up 32% crime down 29%

Victory after victory for our rights! :dance:

37439025-claping-.gif

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

And if you don't want to do concealed carry come to Arizona ... open carry is in the state constitution... that way you can dress like Wyatt Earp for real!! :lol:

Of course now you don't even need a permit for concealed here!! :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

37439025-claping-.gif

Good point. I'm sure that african-americans are quite pleased about the decline of gun control, since these laws tended to disproportionately affect them (intentionally and unintentionally) in a negative way.

Belarus-240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Good point. I'm sure that african-americans are quite pleased about the decline of gun control, since these laws tended to disproportionately affect them (intentionally and unintentionally) in a negative way.

Thanks

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Christ on a velocipede, if you want to come out and say "black people will be happy because they just love guns and shooting everybody up!!!!!!"* just say it.

We all know you mean it.

*Extra credit: if drug use/sale is also implied.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Christ on a velocipede, if you want to come out and say "black people will be happy because they just love guns and shooting everybody up!!!!!!"* just say it.

We all know you mean it.

That is not what he is saying. People ignorant of the facts my think so, or people inclined to knee jerk reactions. Gun control has long been associated with racism and racial discrimination. Several states "discretionary" concealed carry laws were struck down due to racial bias, Indiana perhaps being the most famous, with many others changing to non-dscretionary after that. Early post civil war gun laws in the south simply forbade the ownership of firearms by non-whites.

Historically this has often been the case and I am sure that is what her refers to. The NRA often opposed firearms legislatiuon on the very grounds that it disproportionately affected non-whites. Google "gun control/race control" Go from there.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

People uninformed of gun control historically often have this reaction. Gun control has its roots in race control and people control. Some people think it is about crime. It is not.

Some people see racism everywhere BUT where it actually exists.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

People uninformed of gun control historically often have this reaction. Gun control has its roots in race control and people control. Some people think it is about crime. It is not.

Some people see racism everywhere BUT where it actually exists.

Exactly so. Some people's deck consists entirely of race cards....

Timeline

We all know you mean it.

Apply a little reasoning ability here....

Obviously violent drug peddlers (of any ethnicity) would be unaffected by gun control laws, since they clearly don't obey laws. They would not be disproportionally affected. It is law abiding citizens that are affected by gun control laws. Pretty simple when you reason it out, instead of popping off without thinking.

Timeline

Obviously violent drug peddlers (of any ethnicity) would be unaffected by gun control laws, since they clearly don't obey laws. They would not be disproportionally affected. It is law abiding citizens that are affected by gun control laws. Pretty simple when you reason it out, instead of popping off without thinking.

Anyone remember "Saturday Night Special" laws? They were once the catch phrase for racism. Create laws which forbid the sale of anything except expensive handguns. Who would be affected most by this? Criminals? No. They sell drugs and have lots of money. Low income people living in ghettos...you got it! Either that or we are supposed to believe we wanted to require criminals to have GOOD guns. :wacko:

Indiana was blatantly racist in its issuance of concealed carry permits, New York has been accused of the same. Indiana's law was struck down, others voluntarily dropped them. New York is still racist. Counties with a large white population having a much higher percentage of concealed handgun permits issued than counties with a large non-white population.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Pretty simple when you reason it out, instead of popping off without thinking.

Reasoning and thinking are mutually exclusive to supporting people control and racism by the implementation of "gun laws"

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Another thing I've noticed this week is that it does not appear the latest shooting is building much anti-gun rhetoric. I've seen maybe one CNN article condemning firearms and thats about it.

Edited by Sousuke