gugu24

Letter recieved today

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Today I recieved a letter:

As the beneficiary of an approved fiance(e) petition (I-129F),your petition was valid for foue months to 23Sep2006.

In order to qualify for a K visa. you must apply for your visa before the end of this four month period. If you need more than four months to finalize your travel and wedding plans, your petition must be extended for an additional four months.

_X_ (1) Please ask your fiance(e)/spouse to send a signed and dated letter, addressed to the "U.S. Consul, Embassy Tokyo," which reaffirms his/her interest in bringing you to the U.S. and requests an extension of the validity of your I-129F valadity for an additional four months. As soon as we recieve this letter, we will extend the valadity of your petition by four months.

First of all nice of them to inform of this about this before our time ran out. Second of all just yesterday we received our package and today they are saying that our petition has expired?

I read here on Visa Journey the other day by someone that these things are extended automatically by the consul. Apparently that isn't the case. I was not aware of this four month rule til now.

Does it mean that out petition expired September 23rd ? yet this letter is dated October 3rd !

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

gug24,

I agree with Michelle1976, send the letter back ASAP.

Today I recieved a letter:

As the beneficiary of an approved fiance(e) petition (I-129F),your petition was valid for foue months to 23Sep2006.

In order to qualify for a K visa. you must apply for your visa before the end of this four month period. If you need more than four months to finalize your travel and wedding plans, your petition must be extended for an additional four months.

_X_ (1) Please ask your fiance(e)/spouse to send a signed and dated letter, addressed to the "U.S. Consul, Embassy Tokyo," which reaffirms his/her interest in bringing you to the U.S. and requests an extension of the validity of your I-129F valadity for an additional four months. As soon as we recieve this letter, we will extend the valadity of your petition by four months.

First of all nice of them to inform of this about this before our time ran out. Second of all just yesterday we received our package and today they are saying that our petition has expired?

I read here on Visa Journey the other day by someone that these things are extended automatically by the consul. Apparently that isn't the case. I was not aware of this four month rule til now.

Does it mean that out petition expired September 23rd ? yet this letter is dated October 3rd !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Oh, gugu...How frustrating and unsettling...My prayers are SO with you today. We need to see some GOOD NEWS FOR YOU!!!

I'm still praying for you and the situation. Try to hang in there...

January 2004: Met Laurent at the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris

February 2004: We became an actual couple

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 3rd, 2006: TOUCHED!!

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 10th, 2006: Received official NOA2 via snail mail.

October 19th, 2006: Case received at NVC!! AWESOME!!

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

October 27th, 2006: Received official receipt letter from NVC via USPS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Extending the Petition

The I-129F petition is valid for four months from the date of approval from USCIS. Consular officers can extend the validity of the petition (revalidate the petition) if it expires before the processing of the visa application is completed.

Text is taken from this site. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty..._2994.html#Take

Sorry to hear that your still having ongoing issues.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.