Barron

So how do I get to speak to someone at the Embassy as a matter of urgency??

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I called the Embassy this morning to get help to get back to the USA as my father in law has died, and my stupid Green Card has the wrong dates on it. I was told by the telephone operator I can not get an appointment until Friday and I should email.. Well I did email only to be told it could take up to 90 days to respond to my email, so how the heck to get this sorted out sooner as I have a funeral to get to and my husband really needs me.. Should I call back or just except the fact I have to wait? :blink: So the tears have started again and I have no clue what to do now! All this because the USCIS put the wrong dates on my Green Card that I only received last year. All that money we pay for this process and they mess up and we are the ones left to suffer for their mistakes!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-01

Request for further information : 2009-09-11

Information received and processing continues : 2009-09-18

Touch : 2009-09-21

Touch : 2009-09-24

Touch : 2009-09-25

Approved : 2009-09-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-29 Hard copy recieved =)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

try to get an appointment during 'american citizen services' time blocking. Should be a link on the London Website about this.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

So sorry about that...

If I were you, I would call again. Ask them if they are really handling your situation as an emergency one.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So I called the Embassy this morning to get help to get back to the USA as my father in law has died, and my stupid Green Card has the wrong dates on it. I was told by the telephone operator I can not get an appointment until Friday and I should email.. Well I did email only to be told it could take up to 90 days to respond to my email, so how the heck to get this sorted out sooner as I have a funeral to get to and my husband really needs me.. Should I call back or just except the fact I have to wait? :blink: So the tears have started again and I have no clue what to do now! All this because the USCIS put the wrong dates on my Green Card that I only received last year. All that money we pay for this process and they mess up and we are the ones left to suffer for their mistakes!

Um, your British? Get on the next plane to the US. UK has VWP status, anyone can come here with no visa, no green card. Sort it out with USCIS when you get here.

And FWIW you are suffering because you did not fix their mistake before you went overseas and you seem unaware of the VWP.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Um, your British? Get on the next plane to the US. UK has VWP status, anyone can come here with no visa, no green card. Sort it out with USCIS when you get here.

And FWIW you are suffering because you did not fix their mistake before you went overseas and you seem unaware of the VWP.

When I was at the airport on Sunday when they refused me, I was told I can not enter the country under the VWP because I am a USA Resident and I need to get the right papers, POE would of just turned me around and sent me right back after seeing the K1 in my passport and my records show I am a USA resident, just have the wrong stupid dates on my Green Card.. Which I didn't notice until Sunday and the officer at the Airport pointed it out to me. Haven't even had my Green Card a year yet!

Timeline

When I was at the airport on Sunday when they refused me, I was told I can not enter the country under the VWP because I am a USA Resident and I need to get the right papers, POE would of just turned me around and sent me right back after seeing the K1 in my passport and my records show I am a USA resident, just have the wrong stupid dates on my Green Card.. Which I didn't notice until Sunday and the officer at the Airport pointed it out to me. Haven't even had my Green Card a year yet!

WOW seems strange you would LOSE privileges as a resident. Not noticing until Sunday was a problem.

Good luck. As for others, check your green cards for mistakes. In this process if ANYone makes a mistake, their fault, your fault, anyones fault...it will be YOUR problem.

Oddly enough I know someone that arrived in the USA without their green card (they had lost it overseas) and even though they were Russian citizen that needed some form of visa to enter, they were allowed to board the flight and allowed to enter the US due to the record that they were a US resident. In your case though I think it is strange. Your green card is "expired". As it would be if you got divorced, for example and went back to the UK to live. Are you telling me former US residents from UK do not enjoy the VWP? Could be, I never heard of it.

At any rate then, yes it seems you need an appointment with the consulate visa service.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

WOW seems strange you would LOSE privileges as a resident. Not noticing until Sunday was a problem.

Good luck. As for others, check your green cards for mistakes. In this process if ANYone makes a mistake, their fault, your fault, anyones fault...it will be YOUR problem.

Oddly enough I know someone that arrived in the USA without their green card (they had lost it overseas) and even though they were Russian citizen that needed some form of visa to enter, they were allowed to board the flight and allowed to enter the US due to the record that they were a US resident. In your case though I think it is strange. Your green card is "expired". As it would be if you got divorced, for example and went back to the UK to live. Are you telling me former US residents from UK do not enjoy the VWP? Could be, I never heard of it.

At any rate then, yes it seems you need an appointment with the consulate visa service.

I suggested using the VWP to enter the USA in the previous thread, but someone said it would mean giving up her status as an LPR. It kind of makes sense.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Timeline

I suggested using the VWP to enter the USA in the previous thread, but someone said it would mean giving up her status as an LPR. It kind of makes sense.

OK, I did not see that.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Strange as it may seem, this process has been pretty easy for us so far so I just assumed it to be right.. I should of known better then to just assume. I find it strange that they would let me travel on VWP, they just told me 'You can not ma'am'.. Apparently the POE wouldn't let me in, I myself find this hard to believe but hey it happened. They wouldn't let me and our 11 month old fly..

So I spoke to the Embassy again and I am having an interview on Friday for a 'travel document' which will apparently let me enter the country to file an I90 to get my Green Card sorted out. I'm glad I kept my boarding card because apparently I am going to need that to prove I have only been here a few months over Christmas.

I need to bang my head against a brick wall.. This is so ridiculous :bonk:

Sorry you have to wait until Friday Barron! I am sure everything will be fine then, but it sucks they can't get you an appointment sooner. It's only a few days, and will soon be a distant memory.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

I'm also pretty sure I remember reading that once I got a K-1 visa I would NEVER be able to use the VWP again and would always have to get a visitor visa in order to enter the US. Which makes sense IMO, because you've already shown immigrant intent before, so the US will want to know what is different in your circumstances now that would make you return back to the UK. Know what I mean?

Either way, I'm sorry that Barron finds herself in this situation (my FIL passed away 11 months ago, so I have a good idea what she and her husband are going through). But yes, it's not possible to use the VWP to circumnavigate her GC showing as expired.

Barron, I was just thinking. Would it be possible for your US Citizen husband to call the embassy? Maybe they will be more co-operative for him as he is the US Citizen and needs you there by his side for his family emergency. In the meantime, do what you can to get the Friday appointment, or sooner.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.