che234

Some questions after receiving NOA2.

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey VJerz i would like to ask the following question after receiving NOA2. After checking my timeline saw the following slots :

NVC Received :  	
NVC Left : 	
Consulate Received : 	
Packet 3 Received : 	
Packet 3 Sent : 	
Packet 4 Received :

How will i know if the docs has been received by the NVC and left?

How will i know that the docs has been received by the consulate?

What is Packet 3? How will i know that they already received this packet?

What is Packet 4? How will i know that they already received this packet?

I'm really confused. My petitioner received the NOA 2 hard copy with the receipt number yesterday through mailbox. We haven't received any email/text that our petition was approved last Febuary 2 , 2012. Hubby received the NOA 2 hardcopy Febuary 6 , 2012. Thank you for reading my questions :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You can call NVC and get the dates for NVC received and left NVC

You could tryto track your package on DHL to see when consulate recieved it

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi timchen,

I wrote you a message on the October filers thread, don't know if you've seen it.

So now that you got approved, your case is going to be forwarded to NVC. I advise you to call them about 7 days after your approval date. Have your receipt number ready. Press 1 for English, the 5 to talk to an operator. Ask them if they received your case, and if yes, ask for your case number. I'm not sure but I think as soon as you have your case number from NVC, you may be able to set up your medical visit and your interview date. Philippines member will explain you better than me. The packet questions are also country-specific...

After NVC assigned you a case number, they will forwarded your case to your Embassy. You can call them if you want to know when your case left, but that's very optional. :)

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

you should call nvc to get your mnl number and then you can pay your visa fee and have your medical done. no need to wait for those packets.

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

Timeline

You can call NVC and get the dates for NVC received and left NVC

You could tryto track your package on DHL to see when consulate recieved it

Is there any number for the NVC for me to call and ask for my inquiries? Yes i will track it via DHL saw it to one of the post here and they said it works.

Hi timchen,

I wrote you a message on the October filers thread, don't know if you've seen it.

So now that you got approved, your case is going to be forwarded to NVC. I advise you to call them about 7 days after your approval date. Have your receipt number ready. Press 1 for English, the 5 to talk to an operator. Ask them if they received your case, and if yes, ask for your case number. I'm not sure but I think as soon as you have your case number from NVC, you may be able to set up your medical visit and your interview date. Philippines member will explain you better than me. The packet questions are also country-specific...

After NVC assigned you a case number, they will forwarded your case to your Embassy. You can call them if you want to know when your case left, but that's very optional. :)

Yes i saw that but i'm confused with the other packet details that's why i asked , anyway now it's clear that those packet are case to case basis via country. Now i need to wait for the NVC to assign me a case number that will be use for paying my interview appointment at BPI with my passport right? I also would like to know the NVC contact number if you have one kindly post it here please. Thanks!

you should call nvc to get your mnl number and then you can pay your visa fee and have your medical done. no need to wait for those packets.

That is my problem i don't know the number of the NVC :blink: Also i would like to ask how long does it takes from the day they will issue your visa on hand? I'm living in mindano and i don't know yet what would be our next plan regarding my visa. I know that i need to attend first the CFO seminar before living the country but i don't know yet if how long they will issue your visa on hand , i mean i will get it personally not via carrier so that on the next day after receiving visa i can proceed to the CFO seminar and go home that way i can save time and expenses from going back to manila just to attend CFO seminar. I just need advice guys thank you in advance!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You do not have to have the visa in hand to attend the CFO seminar.

Don't plan to do the CFO seminar on the same day you plan to fly out. If you will not be back in Manila until you flight out you can still attend the CFO seminar with out the visa. They will give you a certificate that you can bring back when you have the visa and they will stamp it then.

Don't wait for "packets". Our packet came about 1 week AFTER we had the visa in hand. Once you have the MNL (Manila Case Number) you should be able to proceed with medical, pay fees, schedule interview.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is there any number for the NVC for me to call and ask for my inquiries? Yes i will track it via DHL saw it to one of the post here and they said it works.

Yes i saw that but i'm confused with the other packet details that's why i asked , anyway now it's clear that those packet are case to case basis via country. Now i need to wait for the NVC to assign me a case number that will be use for paying my interview appointment at BPI with my passport right? I also would like to know the NVC contact number if you have one kindly post it here please. Thanks!

That is my problem i don't know the number of the NVC :blink: Also i would like to ask how long does it takes from the day they will issue your visa on hand? I'm living in mindano and i don't know yet what would be our next plan regarding my visa. I know that i need to attend first the CFO seminar before living the country but i don't know yet if how long they will issue your visa on hand , i mean i will get it personally not via carrier so that on the next day after receiving visa i can proceed to the CFO seminar and go home that way i can save time and expenses from going back to manila just to attend CFO seminar. I just need advice guys thank you in advance!

For the NVC:

K1's are not tracked through the AVR, EVER. They are processed like an immigrant visa, but they are NOT immigrant visas, so they fall into a completely different class of their own. Therefore you need an operator. To get there:

1-603-334-0700

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for an operator

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Here's one way to do it:

Step 1: Get your MNL case number from the NVC:

For the NVC:

1-603-334-0700

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for an operator

Step 2: Read this. It's the snail mail that you eventually will receive from the Embassy. Don't wait for it to arrive. Continue moving forward.

Step 3: Pay the visa fee at BPI.

Step 4: The next day, begin trying to schedule an Embassy interview. Keep trying every day until the online system allows you to schedule an interview.

Step 5: Once you have scheduled an interview, fly to Manila. Complete the medical and complete the CFO seminar.

Step 6: Return to Manila to complete your interview. Then fly home and wait for your visa to arrive.

Step 7: When your visa arrives, pack your bags and say your goodbyes. Return to Manila and go to the CFO main office to get the CFO sticker affixed to your passport. Then fly into your sweetheart's waiting arms! :star:

Timeline

If you dont want to get lost in phone h--l.

Send email to get the Manila Case Number.

T0:NVCInquiry@state.gov

Hi,Can you please send me the Manila Case Number assigned to my application?

WAC#########

Petitioner: XXXXXXXXX

Date of Birth: xxxxxxxxx

Beneficiary: xxxxxxxxx

Date of Birth: xxxxxxxx

Requester: xxxxxxx

Address:

Phone number:

Timeline

You do not have to have the visa in hand to attend the CFO seminar.

Don't plan to do the CFO seminar on the same day you plan to fly out. If you will not be back in Manila until you flight out you can still attend the CFO seminar with out the visa. They will give you a certificate that you can bring back when you have the visa and they will stamp it then.

Don't wait for "packets". Our packet came about 1 week AFTER we had the visa in hand. Once you have the MNL (Manila Case Number) you should be able to proceed with medical, pay fees, schedule interview.

So attending the CFO seminar is okey even with out the visa on hand? But before my flight i will need to go back there for the sticker? :unsure: Or they will just give me the sticker until i have my visa onhand and stamp it?

Here's one way to do it:

Step 1: Get your MNL case number from the NVC:

Step 2: Read this. It's the snail mail that you eventually will receive from the Embassy. Don't wait for it to arrive. Continue moving forward.

Step 3: Pay the visa fee at BPI.

Step 4: The next day, begin trying to schedule an Embassy interview. Keep trying every day until the online system allows you to schedule an interview.

Step 5: Once you have scheduled an interview, fly to Manila. Complete the medical and complete the CFO seminar.

Step 6: Return to Manila to complete your interview. Then fly home and wait for your visa to arrive.

Step 7: When your visa arrives, pack your bags and say your goodbyes. Return to Manila and go to the CFO main office to get the CFO sticker affixed to your passport. Then fly into your sweetheart's waiting arms! :star:

Wait im confused , i can attend the seminar even with out my visa on hand but the day before my flight i need to go back to the main office for the sticker to be stamp to my passport? Need to visit the office twice? :unsure:

If you dont want to get lost in phone h--l.

Send email to get the Manila Case Number.

T0:NVCInquiry@state.gov

Hi,Can you please send me the Manila Case Number assigned to my application?

WAC#########

Petitioner: XXXXXXXXX

Date of Birth: xxxxxxxxx

Beneficiary: xxxxxxxxx

Date of Birth: xxxxxxxx

Requester: xxxxxxx

Address:

Phone number:

Great suggestion but i wonder how long does it takes for them to answer email inquiries? :unsure:

Edited by timchen

Timeline

You will need every thing except the actual visa and passport. I don't have the full list in front of me. (birth certificate, cenomar, photos,,,,,)

You can attend the CFO seminar and they will give you a certificate that says you attended and completed the requirements. When you latter get the visa (it will be in your passport) take it and the certificate back to the CFO office and they will take the certificate and put the sticker in your passport and stamp it with a raised seal. I am told that the actual location for the sticker may not be the same as where the seminar was given

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.