Usui Takumi

Mosin Nagant

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

m9130round-crate.jpg

Starting at 79.00

This website always has a bunch of neat stuff including a lot of C&R items.

RUSS762X54R.jpg

$89 bucks

Here is one I have been toying with buying.

tokpistol.jpg

$209

ttc-tokarev-good.jpg

Here is and interesting little rascal, I already have the CZ82..... and this $189. item shoots the same round.. why not?

P-64

P-64-PISTOL-HAND.jpg

Hope I hav't taken the subject to far afield. :innocent:

http://www.classicarms.us/firearms.htm

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

m9130round-crate.jpg

Here is and interesting little rascal, I already have the CZ82..... and this $189. item shoots the same round.. why not?

P-64

P-64-PISTOL-HAND.jpg

The CZ 82 shoots the same round as the Makarov...not the Tokarev. The Makarov shoots the 9x18 round. The Tokarev shoots the 7.62x25 round with quite a bit more kick. My son owns them all.

The problem buying the Mosin straight from the crate is de-gunking it of Cosmoline. Not fun.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I looked at that site, the Saiga looked very nice.

There is a Dealer who can front purchases not that far from me.

They are building a range 3 miles east, it will include a 1000 yarder.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

If I had a 1,000 yard range close to me I probably wouldn't be on VJ very much.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If I had a 1,000 yard range close to me I probably wouldn't be on VJ very much.

ditto

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Valentines day is coming and nothing says "I Love You" like a whole box-o'-rifles!

The Tokarev pistol, roughly copied from Browning/FN designs is a fine pistol. It resembls a larger version my Colt M1903 pocket auto, I would not mind having one at all. Certainly a military classic.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

The Tokarev is also the best standard handgun round for defeating body armor.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

The Tokarev is also the best standard handgun round for defeating body armor.

Yes, very high velocity, small diameter bullet. I am not sure whatever possessed the Russians to use this cartridge, no doubt the .30 Mauser, which is identical but for the loading, or maybe just an early attempt to use the potential of smokeless powder. The same idea came (and went) again in the 60's and 70's with "SuperVel" ammo

The problem with handguns, of course, is that you really can not get the velocity to meaningful levels in a service type pistol, so better to hit with a larger heavier bullet

Ironically, now that it is obsolete it may be more useful now with the common use of body armor in battle. The cartridge served very well in the PPSh submachine gun. It was also chambered in the CZ52 semi auto carbine, sort of the Russian answer to the M1 carbine

Gary And Alla

Ironically, now that it is obsolete it may be more useful now with the common use of body armor in battle. The cartridge served very well in the PPSh submachine gun. It was also chambered in the CZ52 semi auto carbine, sort of the Russian answer to the M1 carbine

The folks I know who are "real criminals" (as opposed to those dudes that listened to a rap song once) are fully aware of the Tokarev and it's actually a sought-after item among certain circles.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

The folks I know who are "real criminals" (as opposed to those dudes that listened to a rap song once) are fully aware of the Tokarev and it's actually a sought-after item among certain circles.

The .30 carbine in a pistol is just as effective and the .30 Mauser is even better (the .30 Mauser is actually ther same cartridge as the 7.62x25 Tokarev with a hotter loading.) There are a few .30 carbine pistols around but it was never very popular in handguns. The Tokarev is probably the cheapest and easiest to lay hands on.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

4f07792cb940a.preview-300.jpg

This is a picture showing the local range, I know no a lot about ranges, how does it look?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Since this seems the current gun thread here, I tried a Ruger LC9 last night at the range. Very light and compact for a 9mm. The size of a PPk with 9mm power. Not bad. I am not tempted to get one myself, I seem to have enough CC handguns but it semmed much better than the Ruger LCR I tried last week. Were I in the market for a CC handgun I would give this one a hard look. Between the owner and several other members we put a couple hundred rounds of mixed ammo through it without any malfunctions.

Alla was not terribly pleased with us banging away with a snubby barreled 9mm right next to her. One guy said "Look, we shoot...she flinches" :lol: She has to learn to play with other children. She has no interest in shooting small pistols which "make huge flames come out and try to jump out of my hand!" Flaw in her upbringing, no doubt. One could tell she "ain't from 'round here" She also says it does not seem "serious" to her. She is there to "train" not to just bang away and make noise.

Gary And Alla

The Tokarev is probably the cheapest and easiest to lay hands on.

Thus it's popularity.

4f07792cb940a.preview-300.jpg

This is a picture showing the local range, I know no a lot about ranges, how does it look?

I can't zoom in but from what I can see it looks freakin awesome!

Since this seems the current gun thread here, I tried a Ruger LC9 last night at the range.

Seems like a good little pistol. Not for me, but good for some.

As for Alla's flinching and reaction to the big booms, you can do some ball and dummy drills with her where someone may or may not shoot while she's shooting. Load her up and have her shoot while the person next to her has a live round or a dummy round. She shoots while they shoot. That big boom may be there.... or not. But, the point is she goes through her motions flawlessly whether the boom is present or it's silent.

With practice, it's possible to shoot without blinking!

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Quick fix for the Mosin recoil is picking up a $20 "limbsaver" at Walmart.

You need a size small if you have the regular wood stock.

I have an ATI Monte Carlo stock, so for mine is medium.

It also helps making the wood stock a little longer if you have long arms like me.

The "limbsaver" recoil pad brings down from "kicking like a mule" to "yes, I'm alive", which for me is one of the pluses of having a M-N.

"A man does not know how alive he can be until a sweet Pinay steals his heart."

my point of view

11/08/2007 - Annulment Process Started

08/21/2008 - Annulment Granted

09/05/2008 - Annulment Court Order Issued

09/10/2008 - Mailed I-129F

09/12/2008 - NOA1 Issued

01/29/2009 - NOA2 Issued

02/07/2009 - Manila Case Number Letter Received from NVC

03/02/2009 - Passed Medical

03/23/2009 - Interview

05/13/2009 - Arrived in US

06/01/2009 - Applied for SSN

06/02/2009 - Pending Immunizations done

06/05/2009 - Received SSN

06/22/2009 - Got Married "downtown" style

06/27/2009 - Requested sealed envelop with immunization form from Civil Dr.

07/03/2009 - Received sealed envelop from Dr.

07/14/2009 - Mailed the AOS

07/16/2009 - AOS arrived USCIS

07/20/2009 - AOS NOA1 Issued

08/21/2009 - Biometrics at local USCIS Office

09/10/2009 - Received EAD cards

11/17/2009 - AOS interview. Given a favorable decision.

11/27/2009 - Received the GC

10/07/2011 - Mailed the ROC

10/11/2011 - Arrived at VSC

10/18/2011 - ROC NOA Received (contains the 1 year extension)

11/14/2011 - Received ROC Biometrics Appointment Notification

12/09/2011 - ROC Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.