Henia

Monday Thread

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Esalaam, Hello and Salut

Hope everyone is doing great... and their day and of course Ramadan is going well...

I woke today with the biggest headache and felt like I wanted to sleep...but of course I could not...had to make the suhour meal, then pray then help my husband get ready for work.

I really wanted to go back to sleep, but had alot of home works to do: clean the kitchen, iron and wash a load of towels....O snaaaaaaps seems the home work is never done here!

I need a washing machine !!!!!!!!

I am off to market in a mintue...to buy some ingredients for a kataif...(TY Dawn for the recipe)... I hope it turns out good.

:D I hope to come back and take a nap after zuhr.

We got invited to coffee after tarawee... my husband ditched me after 15 minutes and I was forced, forced I tell you to stay until midnight... I think I will never eat another sweet again...

:( They served me tea in the traditional tea glasses, you know the small ones... and i looked at it and seemed like to me the glass was half way filled with sugar... I slowly took a sip until to gag on how sweet it was...and LOL on the saucer they had left me 2 EXTRA sigar cubes :huh: crazy!!!!!!!!!

Anyway...

Noura: how many more days now?

Stacey: When is Zaeem arriving?

Jackie: How was your anniversary?

Rahma: How was your birthday?

Hmmm if I forgot anyone that had some news, I am sorry...

:(

19.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Birthday was pretty good. We went shopping yesterday, and asside from our little racist encounter (see seperate thread), it was good. My husband bought me shoes :dance: The poor man insisted he come along, and I'm like :huh: are you sure you want to go shoe shopping? He soon realized why american husbands do everything possible to avoid shoe shopping with their wives ;)

I finally got some trendy-ish shoes. I've never been a trendy shoe person, but I love the mary jane/ballet flat look that is popular (at least I think it's popular. i'm hopelessly uniformed when it comes to trends)

21488_BRZ.jpg

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Ooooooo, I almost forgot...Muhammad Jibreel is leading taraweeh tonight in Minneapolis :dance::dance::dance:

His website

I'm almost fainting from excitement here.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Birthday was pretty good. We went shopping yesterday, and asside from our little racist encounter (see seperate thread), it was good. My husband bought me shoes :dance: The poor man insisted he come along, and I'm like :huh: are you sure you want to go shoe shopping? He soon realized why american husbands do everything possible to avoid shoe shopping with their wives ;)

I finally got some trendy-ish shoes. I've never been a trendy shoe person, but I love the mary jane/ballet flat look that is popular (at least I think it's popular. i'm hopelessly uniformed when it comes to trends)

21488_BRZ.jpg

Ye my husband took me clothes and shoes shopping, we ended up getting nothing and going home all :huh: ... O man, why does he rush me?
Ooooooo, I almost forgot...Muhammad Jibreel is leading taraweeh tonight in Minneapolis :dance::dance::dance:

His website

I'm almost fainting from excitement here.

Jazak Allah Rahma, I will check it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

21488_BRZ.jpg

Ye my husband took me clothes and shoes shopping, we ended up getting nothing and going home all :huh: ... O man, why does he rush me?

My husband and I went shoe-shopping in Florence together this one time when the sneakers I bought from home were literally falling off my feet and decided I had to bite the bullet, despite the conversion rate, and buy a new pair. So, he decides he will come with me; I swear he was fine, until the exact moment we stepped foot inside the store, when he was struck by all of the following:

- Insatiable hunger

- Insatiable thirst

- Overwhelming exhaustion

- A headache

- A stomach ache

- The need to use the bathroom

- a foot-ache

- Dizziness

- A fainting spell

- a rash

- hysterical pregnancy

- leprosy

And complained about EVERYTHING until I was like "Omg fine, I'll get these and we'll go, ya big baby!" He rushed me so much that I wound up getting shoes that were too small :angry: lol Later on that day, I went back to the store (alone) and got a bigger size lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi It's Monday! Nothing going on.

Does anyone know how ofter USCIS updatse their progress on which month the are processing? I noticed today that it was last updated Sept. 12th and/or 19th. So I am guessing once a month.

Well I hope everyone has a good day!

Wanted to say: My husband is the one that likes to shop for clothes, I hate it and I always have to drag him out of the stores. Yesterday I had to literally walk out of three stores in the mall to get him to go home! Man! What am I going to do?! :huh::D:lol:

Edited by Mrs. Forgetful

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
:

- Insatiable hunger

- Insatiable thirst

- Overwhelming exhaustion

- A headache

- A stomach ache

- The need to use the bathroom

- a foot-ache

- Dizziness

- A fainting spell

- a rash

- hysterical pregnancy

- leprosy

Sounds much like Mohammed when doesn't have more money for the internet cafe and we're over our 2 hour self-allotted time. Why he can't just say "Its time to go now," is beyond me. Usually its just "I'm HANGRY!!!!"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

When I was in Jordan my hunny begged to take me shopping and was very patient as I looked through everything. I never found anything I wanted to buy which is VERY strange for me. He has sent me several care packages since I got back though, the last one was my absoulute favorite!!! Dead sea beauty products, tons of it!

Everytime I send him somthing he has to turn right around and send me something too, he can't accept a gift lol and when anyone comes here to the US from Jordan he has to send me a gift, its cute. I'm really happy he is good about the shopping thing though because I'm a shop-o-holic. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
I have a rumbly too....I'm starting to get really hungry. Three hours left :(

Me tooooo... I have 6 more hours to go... :unsure:

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Timeline

3.5 hours here. Going to a masjid iftar and then on to taraweeh with Sheikh Jebril :dance:

irhal.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Afternoon everyone,

Well I found out today that I am a liar!! :lol: I posted to a thread asking about being touched on Sunday (sayin I wished they would touch me any day) and later found out I was indeed touched today!!! Don't know why I was touched, but at least I was!! :P

Can't remember where the original post was to correct myself, but oh well. So that is my good Monday news. And you are right...it isn't such a bad thing to hang out here with our MENA friends..have a great rest of your day.

Maggie

Edited by maggieNomar

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.