Serilei

Needing full detailed k3 information

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok everyone I am back, this is the thread that I want to make notes on, take a start, begin my journey, and document everything that goes through, and it will help me keep all my information together. So I will start.

I know, I should use the search function more often, as I am sure it is detailed somewhere all my information, but everywhere I go, I get this info, missing that information, finding this, not finding that, and after a while, I get confused and worried I won't find all the information. And what makes it hard is I need detailed information that Google nor any other place, even the .Gov site wont supply me. So I have come here to you welcoming people, who in the goodness of your heart help us in need.

I know there are things I am missing, and lots of unknown information to me, so please fill me in.

So here we go. I have a list of things needed, I will try to color coat things to make this easier.

Documents I need

1. Payment to the USCIS

Does anyone know how much it costs?

2. Form I-130

I understand I must fill this out, what is this I-129 I hear about and if they accept the 130 before 129 they close one of them and convert to a cr1 I think?

3. Copy of the Birth certificate for the US Citizen (front and back) or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport.

Understood

4. A copy of your marriage certificate

Understood

5.If either you or your spouse were previously married, submit copies of documents showing that all prior marriages were legally terminated.

I have those files

6. G-325A filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated.

What is this for exactly?

7. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325A.

Understood

What else do I need??

Documents the wife needs

1. G-325A filled out by the foreign spouse signed and dated.

2. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign spouse. Write the full name of the foreign Spouse on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325A.

3. Medical Tests?

What else does she need? :bonk:

1. Evidence of a bonafide marriage

--- Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage)

The only thing we have for us. Friends just stating they saw our marriage? We have videos too.

-----

Ok onto other things. Can anyone give me a list of all documents I need in my packet and everything she needs in her packet. And also I need dates of when I should apply, then when she should apply, or who should apply first, and when we apply who gets what back, when do you go for the interview, what to bring what to say.

I need some details here :( This is my one chance to get it perfect.

-------

Onto some details. I am in Russia right now, as my wife is Russian, Ive been here since December 28th 2010, and we've been married since March 3rd 2011, coming close to a year. The only time Ive left Russia was to go to Finland for a new private Visa every 3 months, other wise I have lived here in Russia.

Co Sponsor

When I lived back home in the States, I worked with a boss of mine, we both quit our jobs. He has a new job, and he is trying to get me on with him. He has a place of his own and wants me to come live with him, he is my co sponsor, he makes over 18,000 a year (minimum line yes?)and is doing great with his life, so again he offered to co sponsor me. I need to give him information on what he needs to apply or write out for co sponsoring.

All I know of is i-864and 3 years of tax papers but I am sure there are tons more documents needed, and this is where google nor any site gives me full detailed information, much less if he needs to send it off, do I take it and send it to my wife or what? I am highly confused. So any information is helpful. This is super important for me, as it will be very vital to our process.

Also should I go home first and get my job and place set up before we apply, or during the application? Because while I was waiting for the ok for my job back home, we are thinking of applying while I am waiting..

And do they interview me back in the US or just her only in Russia? And what should she bring..? Like pictures and such things?

Edited by Serilei

USICS Stage

May 2nd 2012 - I-130 Sent By Mail

May 7th 2012 - Arrived At Lockbox

May 10th 2012 - NOA 1 Email (rerouted to California)

May 17th 2012 - Accepted - NOA 2 Mail sent (To Russia - Not Arrived yet)

NVC Stage

June 20th 2012 - NVC Received + Case Number

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Ok everyone I am back, this is the thread that I want to make notes on, take a start, begin my journey, and document everything that goes through, and it will help me keep all my information together. So I will start.

I know, I should use the search function more often, as I am sure it is detailed somewhere all my information, but everywhere I go, I get this info, missing that information, finding this, not finding that, and after a while, I get confused and worried I won't find all the information. And what makes it hard is I need detailed information that Google nor any other place, even the .Gov site wont supply me. So I have come here to you welcoming people, who in the goodness of your heart help us in need.

I know there are things I am missing, and lots of unknown information to me, so please fill me in.

So here we go. I have a list of things needed, I will try to color coat things to make this easier.

Documents I need

1. Payment to the USCIS

Does anyone know how much it costs?

2. Form I-130

I understand I must fill this out, what is this I-129 I hear about and if they accept the 130 before 129 they close one of them and convert to a cr1 I think?

3. Copy of the Birth certificate for the US Citizen (front and back) or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport.

Understood

4. A copy of your marriage certificate

Understood

5.If either you or your spouse were previously married, submit copies of documents showing that all prior marriages were legally terminated.

I have those files

6. G-325A filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated.

What is this for exactly?

7. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325A.

Understood

What else do I need??

Documents the wife needs

1. G-325A filled out by the foreign spouse signed and dated.

2. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign spouse. Write the full name of the foreign Spouse on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325A.

3. Medical Tests?

What else does she need? :bonk:

1. Evidence of a bonafide marriage

--- Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage)

The only thing we have for us. Friends just stating they saw our marriage? We have videos too.

-----

Ok onto other things. Can anyone give me a list of all documents I need in my packet and everything she needs in her packet. And also I need dates of when I should apply, then when she should apply, or who should apply first, and when we apply who gets what back, when do you go for the interview, what to bring what to say.

I need some details here :( This is my one chance to get it perfect.

-------

Onto some details. I am in Russia right now, as my wife is Russian, Ive been here since December 28th 2010, and we've been married since March 3rd 2011, coming close to a year. The only time Ive left Russia was to go to Finland for a new private Visa every 3 months, other wise I have lived here in Russia.

Co Sponsor

When I lived back home in the States, I worked with a boss of mine, we both quit our jobs. He has a new job, and he is trying to get me on with him. He has a place of his own and wants me to come live with him, he is my co sponsor, he makes over 18,000 a year (minimum line yes?)and is doing great with his life, so again he offered to co sponsor me. I need to give him information on what he needs to apply or write out for co sponsoring.

All I know of is i-864and 3 years of tax papers but I am sure there are tons more documents needed, and this is where google nor any site gives me full detailed information, much less if he needs to send it off, do I take it and send it to my wife or what? I am highly confused. So any information is helpful. This is super important for me, as it will be very vital to our process.

Also should I go home first and get my job and place set up before we apply, or during the application? Because while I was waiting for the ok for my job back home, we are thinking of applying while I am waiting..

And do they interview me back in the US or just her only in Russia? And what should she bring..? Like pictures and such things?

Click on the word "Guides" at the top of any page here. The only thing you need to know about K3 is that it is no longer a viable option. Study the CR1 guide and the I-130 instructions you can download from the USCIS website. After you study, we're here for remaining questions. The Guides and instructions have been created to avoid the need to spoon feed each new member. This is a "do it yourself" site, with emphasis on DO and SELF.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A lot of your questions can be answered by simply reading the i-130 instructions. I do not believe you have done that - you probably should

The medical tests, the I864, the taxes, etc, are not dealth with that, leave that from your mind

USCIS does not accept videos.

I never put a lot of weight behind affidavits (as they are so easily faked), if that is the ONLY thing you have, you need to be more creative. Focus on primary evidence if your relationship, boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel receiptes etc.

The guide Push gave you lists all that you need

Oh, and there is absolutly no reason to file the I-129F at all during this process.

They will interview HER in Russia

Part of the I864 is an income requirement and proof that you're domiciled in the US, probably requiring you to move before her and set up shop

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Click on the word "Guides" at the top of any page here. The only thing you need to know about K3 is that it is no longer a viable option. Study the CR1 guide and the I-130 instructions you can download from the USCIS website. After you study, we're here for remaining questions. The Guides and instructions have been created to avoid the need to spoon feed each new member. This is a "do it yourself" site, with emphasis on DO and SELF.

Well I now understand that a K3 is no longer liable and a CR1 is the option, I wouldve never found that information if you hadnt told me.

Ok so from what I understand, I fill out the entire I130 package and send it to the USCIS Lockbox location. The receive a NOA that they are processing. When approved I will receive another NOA . Then they forward it to the NVC.

Few weeks later after last NOA. NVC will send the wife (in Russia) a packet of forms

Then on my side I fill out the I864, with Tax returns, with financial or bank statement records.

And since I will need a joint sponsor, he will need to fill out I864, 3 years of tax returns, and bank or financial records.

** it says that the forms can be sent to NVC or consulate abroad (I assume they mean Russia, but I guess NVC in states is better option for me)

It also said for pre interview items she will need all that i864 information, will the NVC send what me and my cosponsor send to them -- to her address? Or do we need to resend a whole new packet with our information back to her house? It isnt specified in the guide.

And it says she needs to gather these pre interview items and send them to the NVC then the interview is scheduled.

OF169

OF230 (1 and 2)

I864 and such related documents (from me and co sponsor)

Copy of Passport information

Original Birth Certificate

Marriage Certificate

Police Report.

Then it says she will need to bring (some if not all) these documents to the interview. Does the NVC send them back, or what is the deal on that. Not specified either. Or is it she sends OF forms and holds onto the other documents? I am confused. It is said she needs original documents for NVC and Interview.. or did I misread that?

Also an interview appointment sheet is listed here, where does she get this from? Or is it in the original package she got from NVC the first time?

It also says to bring documents to prove strong ties. We have tons of emails, passport stamps from me to show Ive been in Russia for over a year, wedding photos, new years photos, facebook conversations, text messages, phone call logs in phones, and other stuff. Can you specify anything you may feel would be important?

Also being she is in Russia, I am not sure if she needs stuff translated into English for her interview in Russia, or if her original documents are fine?

And isnt she supposed to file anything anywhere? Something about Moscow or some sort? I am confused on that as well..

Oh and also it says for person house hold income poverty, for 2 people is like $18,325 but he lives by himself, so does he still need that 18k limit or less? The pdf doesnt say, it only starts at 2

I appreciate the help so far.

Edited by Serilei

USICS Stage

May 2nd 2012 - I-130 Sent By Mail

May 7th 2012 - Arrived At Lockbox

May 10th 2012 - NOA 1 Email (rerouted to California)

May 17th 2012 - Accepted - NOA 2 Mail sent (To Russia - Not Arrived yet)

NVC Stage

June 20th 2012 - NVC Received + Case Number

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Well I now understand that a K3 is no longer liable and a CR1 is the option, I wouldve never found that information if you hadnt told me.

Ok so from what I understand, I fill out the entire I130 package and send it to the USCIS Lockbox location.

My advice is to concentrate only on this one task now. You'll have 3 to 6 months to master the next steps, once you file the petition. No need to figure it all out now. As long as you're aware of the highlights of what will be coming down the road, that's good enough for now. Take it one step at a time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

send her a packet of forms?

what?

no no - you've more reading to do.

Please hit the wiki, search 'Ling Che' there.

Then read it. soonish.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.