Melissa and Leo

18 days and Nvc stil haven't received my case...

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi everybody! Our petition has been approved on january 13th and NVC still haven't received our case. Is that normal? It was in vermont.. My fiance called Uscis and they said they sent our petition straight to the embassy because it s why it was written on it..but I tought it was really weird not going trough NVC. I don t know what to do nobody knows where our petition is...

event.png

Your petition will be sent to NVC. Everyone goes through there, no matter what the notice has printed on it. They may be waiting to gather up a lot to send, but they will go. It can take a few weeks.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's normal. Our NOA2 was July 11, but NVC didn't get it and assign a case number until Aug 18. It's hard to wait, I know.

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Although I am processing a CR1... I say call NVC! I called twice within one hour and was given the information I required on the second call!

All you need is your USCIS receipt number and talk to an agent. If you don't like the answer say thank you and call back!

Good luck!

MrsJ

qSIFm7.png

USCIS: 175 Days

NVC: 41 Days

NOA1 to Interview: 265 Days

Interview: 20 March 2012 - APPROVED

NVC for Montreal Beneficiaries – Electronic Processing and New Online Forms Guide by Saylin

Please edit your timeline in your profile so you can help others learn how long each step of this process takes. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

From my timeline:

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-11

NVC Left : 2011-08-08

Consulate Received : 2011-08-11

Packet 3 Received : 2011-08-19

so another +-18 days to wait ;) (and no need to call now)

Edited by Stefaan_Leslie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi everybody! Our petition has been approved on january 13th and NVC still haven't received our case. Is that normal? It was in vermont.. My fiance called Uscis and they said they sent our petition straight to the embassy because it s why it was written on it..but I tought it was really weird not going trough NVC. I don t know what to do nobody knows where our petition is...

Congratulations! My fingers are crossed that ours is right behind yours!!!

Timeline

From my timeline:

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-11

NVC Left : 2011-08-08

Consulate Received : 2011-08-11

Packet 3 Received : 2011-08-19

so another +-18 days to wait ;) (and no need to call now)

Thanks Stefaan I will wait a few more days :) I just can't wait this process to be over!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Maybe the operator was new and just read the script? Plus I have a feeling that on NOA2 hardcopy from VSC, it's written "the petition was approved and forwarded to the Embassy", while on NOA2 from CSC, it says "the petition was approved. It will be sent to the NVC and then to the Embassy" (need more confirmations though), it's just a different wording but all petitions go to NVC first (theorically).

I would say, call NVC again, looks like you can have different answers from 2 operators. Just to see… :)

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you Tracy I m sure your turn is coming soon :)

Our Petition was aproved January4th 2012 means 27 days ago and still my faincee did nto get any Letter from The NVC even the uscis told her they snet our petition to NVC .We are still waiting & waiting .You have to be patient :wacko:

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Timeline

Maybe the operator was new and just read the script? Plus I have a feeling that on NOA2 hardcopy from VSC, it's written "the petition was approved and forwarded to the Embassy", while on NOA2 from CSC, it says "the petition was approved. It will be sent to the NVC and then to the Embassy" (need more confirmations though), it's just a different wording but all petitions go to NVC first (theorically).

I would say, call NVC again, looks like you can have different answers from 2 operators. Just to see… :)

Thanks Dido yeah my fiance called today and they told him to call next week.. so I guess we have to wait again lol but I don t think that our petition went straigh to the embassy she was probably reading..

Hopefully I will have some good news soon!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I cross my fingers and toes for you Melissa! :)

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.