chikings

how much is enough!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Greetings,

Question: My fiancee and I mostly conversate via text and emails. we have over 19,000 from March 2011 till today. How many do I need to download and copy? My printer runs slow and it will be costly at Kinkos. SO would it be ok to do a few from each month our download them all??

Help!! :wacko:

Chi

Timeline

Greetings,

Question: My fiancee and I mostly conversate via text and emails. we have over 19,000 from March 2011 till today. How many do I need to download and copy? My printer runs slow and it will be costly at Kinkos. SO would it be ok to do a few from each month our download them all??

Help!! :wacko:

Chi

OOps !! I should stated this question is in concern of showing evidence of our relationship.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Do not print 19,000 emails. Ugh !! A page or two a month ( not every month) for a year or so is plenty to show you have known each other for this period. I sent maybe 5 pages.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This Lagos you are dealing with so there is no such things as too much I would print as many as you can and make sure they cover the whole length of time u two have know each other....If it were me I would print all at kinkos but that is me I am pretty meticulous... :)

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

as much as Lagos is unpredictable. you do not want to present a bulky package that will serve as a turn off and not even be looked at by the officers. The volume can be overwhelming.

Instead of asking if you should send all of that, ask how many successful applicants sent during their time and do an average for yours.

All the best.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Pick out the emails that tell your story. Keep it short and to the point. If you send too much, your story will be buried under the clutter.

Exactly. Focus on quality rather than quantity.

You are trying to answer the question, "how do you communicate?" and support it with evidence. No one is going to read a hundreds of pages on emails and text messages, and could get turned off that you couldn't answer their question in a more concise manor.

If you want to share the details of the emails because they help tell your story, select no more than five of your best and it is more likely to get read. You can also find ways to show that you communicate all the time without sending hundreds of pages. For email, I would filter the inbox to show only the communication with my fiance, then print screen shots of the list of emails. If you still have many pages of screen shots, then try to limit it to one page a month.

For our interview in Nairobi, we brought about 50 pages of chat, text and email logs. I would find a way to summarize the data on top, then cherry pick samples to staple underneath to give it some bulk. After all the work of getting it together, the interviewer didn't even look at our communication records. The most important evidence for us during the interview was our photographs and answers to her questions.

19,000 might be a bit much... a representative amount that is reasonable should do the trick and a variety of communication helps...chat logs, emails, skype logs, phone records and good ld fashion cards sent by mail. Quality over quantity.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

One thing that was pointed out in this exact same topic recently was that any evidence you take with you is something that you can be questioned about. I believe the example used was that if you and your fiance discussed in chat about a specific event and that is what is pulled out of the stack at random and you don't remember didley-squat about it, that alone would make you seem suspicious.

If YOU plan to re-read the entire thing within the day before and you can successfully do that, then that might be a good rule of thumb about volume. For us, I know how paper-workers feel about getting a huge stack of obvious fluff and how I, personally, respond to that. It is inconsiderate to the person that you are expecting to look at it to be intentionally overwhelming and this action demonstrates a clear lack of respect.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.