11 posts in this topic

After 43 days of AP I received a call today to come and drop off my passport Monday of next week at the consulate. I do think the lady on the phone got quite sick of me saying thank you by the end of it, my hands are also still a bit shaky.

I just want to thank everyone on these forums for the many supportive words you all post regarding your various stages of AP. I have been a silent sufferer, only reading what other people post but the many encouraging stories people have shared here have given me strength to endure the last 6 weeks while I agonizingly waited to have this process resolve itself. I know that for many a mere 6 weeks is but a blip and that my struggles pale in comparison to what some others are going through, I cannot imagine how this process would have affected me had it gone on for many months, or even years.

To everyone else still in AP, I wish you all the absolute best in this incredibly difficult and challenging journey. I hope that for all of you it also ends soon, and that you all may soon be reunited with your loved ones.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

After 43 days of AP I received a call today to come and drop off my passport Monday of next week at the consulate. I do think the lady on the phone got quite sick of me saying thank you by the end of it, my hands are also still a bit shaky.

I just want to thank everyone on these forums for the many supportive words you all post regarding your various stages of AP. I have been a silent sufferer, only reading what other people post but the many encouraging stories people have shared here have given me strength to endure the last 6 weeks while I agonizingly waited to have this process resolve itself. I know that for many a mere 6 weeks is but a blip and that my struggles pale in comparison to what some others are going through, I cannot imagine how this process would have affected me had it gone on for many months, or even years.

To everyone else still in AP, I wish you all the absolute best in this incredibly difficult and challenging journey. I hope that for all of you it also ends soon, and that you all may soon be reunited with your loved ones.

Congrats to you and yours.

Thank you for the kind words.

I pray you keep us in your prayers and all the others out there still awaiting some word

to be with there loved ones to one day, to be with the ones they love so much..

Our case has made it back to the USA and is now at Vermont, so no teling what will happen now

or even when we will be together again. This is so very hard and challenging.

Pls be blessed and again ty for the nice and kind words.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Every day I check our emails hoping for news like this. Congratulations! Although you are a different process and different embassy, it gives me hope that ours will be resolved soon as well.

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

congrents.. best of luck ,,

n0Bbm5.png

event.png

In my complete flabbergasted state I also forgot to ask if I needed to bring anything else with me on Monday, I will most likely call first thing in the morning to ask that as I would hate to have this process be delayed any longer because I neglected to make sure I had some piece of paper or something else with me.

To everyone still in AP I do hope that it resolves itself soon. It is a very difficult burden to bear.

Also, I was so taken back that I forgot to ask whether this meant my visa was approved. Has anyone ever been in a situation where his/her passport was requested for drop off and a visa was not placed in the passport and promptly returned to the beneficiary via mail and/or courier service? Of course I will ask via phone first thing Monday morning, as well as ask if I should bring any other documents with me, but just throwing this out there to the VJ community and asking if anyone has any feedback.

I mean I cannot imagine that they would call me and ask me to drop off my passport if they were not going to put a visa in it for travel, however at this point I have learned that it is better to not assume anything (it tends to make an #### of u & me)...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Congrats to you both...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.