Night Kisa

EAD and AP Combo Card???

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

- January 18th received the sms/email notification that USCIS mailed the Approval Notice for my Travel Document Application

- On the same day January 18th received the sms/email notification that USCIS has order the production of my new EAD card (Status went straight from "Initial Review" to "Card Production"

- On january 23rd received the same notification regarding my EAD saying that they have ordered card production AGAIN dated 1/23/2012!!!!

- On January 24th received sms/email notification that USCIS mailed the Approval Notice for my EAD...., and then another email that USPS has picked up my new EAD card from USCIS

- today, January 26th, received my EAD card that says "Not Valid for re-entry to the US.... At the same time, the case status for my Travel Document estill says "Post Decision Actiovity", and I have not received anything in the mail. No card production has been ordered. I was expecting to receive a combo card EAD/AP since they were approved on the same day...

Can anyone share their experience please? Is there separate AP Card that USCIS sends to AOS applicants? Why the status on AP stayes "Post Decision Activity" for over a week now (does not move to "Card Production"). Is that common? Thank u in advance, guys! I am just so anxious to be able to travel after 4 years in US without leaving the country...:)

You say you want to travel after not leaving the country for 4 years. Did you overstay? If you did, you cannot use AP.

It sounds like the EAD and AP got separated somehow. When people get the combo card approved, I have see the notices come on the EAD, but not the AP. The fact that you got a separate approval notice makes me wonder if they are issuing an old-style AP by mistake. If you did get old-style AP, it is not a card, but some papers. There is no "card-production" email for paper AP. It should be at your house by now, though. If I were you I'd wait a few days and see if it shows up in the mail, and if nothing comes, I'd call and ask for an explanation. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

You say you want to travel after not leaving the country for 4 years. Did you overstay? If you did, you cannot use AP.

It sounds like the EAD and AP got separated somehow. When people get the combo card approved, I have see the notices come on the EAD, but not the AP. The fact that you got a separate approval notice makes me wonder if they are issuing an old-style AP by mistake. If you did get old-style AP, it is not a card, but some papers. There is no "card-production" email for paper AP. It should be at your house by now, though. If I were you I'd wait a few days and see if it shows up in the mail, and if nothing comes, I'd call and ask for an explanation. Good luck.

Thank for the response!!:) No, I did not overstay, I came to the US on J1 in 2007, then changed to F1 and studied getting my Barchelos Degree here. Since I changed status inside the US, there was no visa in my passport, and, therefore, i could not travel outside during my studies. Got married a few months ago (F1 was current) and applied for AOS.

• 1 month later...

Hi OP, have you received your AP papers yet?

I also got separate approval emails for AP and EAD, and just yesterday received an email saying that the USPS has picked up my EAD document, with no info about AP.

I'm worried that I will also get separate AP and EAD documents as well, so I'm very interested to know how your case as progressed! :)

Adjusting from F1 based on Marriage to USC
FedEx AOS package to Chicago Lockbox: Dec. 7, 2011
FedEx confirmation: Dec. 9, 2011
E-notification: Dec. 14, 2011
Checks cashed: Dec. 15, 2011
NOA1's received: Dec. 19, 2011
Biometrics Letter received: Dec. 19, 2011
Biometrics Walk-in: Dec. 27, 2011
EAD in card-production: Feb. 28, 2012
AP approved: Feb. 28, 2012
EAD & AP combo card received: Mar. 8, 2012
Interview date: May 3, 2012
E-notification of I-130 approval: May 8, 2012
Receive Green Card: May 16, 2012

Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

FedEx I-571 package to Vermont: Apr. 7, 2014

NOA Receipt Date: Apr. 9, 2014

Check cashed: Apr. 11, 2014

NOA Received: Apr. 12, 2014

Biometrics Appt.: May 8, 2014

ROC approval letter received: Oct. 21, 2014

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi OP, have you received your AP papers yet?

I also got separate approval emails for AP and EAD, and just yesterday received an email saying that the USPS has picked up my EAD document, with no info about AP.

I'm worried that I will also get separate AP and EAD documents as well, so I'm very interested to know how your case as progressed! :)

Hi!

The same thing happened to me this Monday. I just received info on EAD but not about AP and I´m worried that AP and EAD will be separated.

Can I know what happened to your card at the end? did you receive the combo card even after you just received notification just for the EAD?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

121212, Did you receive the card yet? The online system is unreliable and usually people don't see separate approvals even though they are both approved.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I received EAD card over a month ago. At the time I was aware that it should be combo-card and it should not say "can't be used for reentry"

When I received the EAD card with the text, I was disappointed, but was thinking that once AP is approved USCIS will make new cards.

On 8/6 I received text and e-mail that my case was approved and they mailed Notice of Action. I never received it.

Yesterday I called USCIS and was informed that in their system I was approved for AP and my card should be combo card and I need to make infopass appointment (already scheduled).

I hope to resolve this without going to the office.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you.

I received EAD card over a month ago. At the time I was aware that it should be combo-card and it should not say "can't be used for reentry"

When I received the EAD card with the text, I was disappointed, but was thinking that once AP is approved USCIS will make new cards.

On 8/6 I received text and e-mail that my case was approved and they mailed Notice of Action. I never received it.

Yesterday I called USCIS and was informed that in their system I was approved for AP and my card should be combo card and I need to make infopass appointment (already scheduled).

I hope to resolve this without going to the office.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you.

Ahh okay. They can still make a paper AP, they don't need to print you a new card. Paper AP is just a print out on fancy paper with your photo on it; the combo card is rather new and only for certain types of cases, so paper AP still works and is completely valid.) I would work on getting them to issue the paper AP (they can do that at infopass and hand it to you right there). I am not sure if you can get the NBC to print it and mail it, but I guess I would try getting a Tier 2 person. I sort of think you'll have to wait for the infopass though. Best of luck.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.