cris77

Fiance visa to expire

63 posts in this topic

We on VJ seem to have been going though quite a time of understanding the difference between giving answers to questions and giving unsolicited advice.

This woman is not chattle to just 'send back' and we have no way of knowing his fiancee's intent. The OP did not ask for our opinions, just help on his case.

Let's remember meauxna's well bumped post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7569 and remember that every time we say hurtful things, it stops someone from asking questions and possibly puts them into a position to make serious errors.

To the OP - you have been given good advice from some of our wisest. Good luck!

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

What is there to think about? She got a visa and got all affidavits swearing to get married within 90 days of entering the US and now she is not sure? Please send her ### back to where she came from and get another woman! People like this really annoy me.

Other people are waiting to get visas, and some of those who have them are playing with what they have.

I wish this visa would have taken 10 years to process, to give her enough time to think about whether to get married or not,once she gets here.

FYI, the assumption of the K-1 visa is that one is already decided on getting married at the time the initial I-129F is filed. Otherwise why call oneself a fiance?

------

You are right Majizee. Though you are an AH sometime but I agree with you on this issue. Well if the LADY is not from VWP then she should pay thousands thanks to USCIS DOS and GOD for the visa issuance. Its so miserable and painful to see that people who dont deserve to be there get there more quickly than those who do. Lotta people come up with the post that my fiance is like that or like this, my fiance is changing mind blah blah. FUKC this system which cant differenciate between haves and have not. :(

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
We on VJ seem to have been going though quite a time of understanding the difference between giving answers to questions and giving unsolicited advice.

This woman is not chattle to just 'send back' and we have no way of knowing his fiancee's intent. The OP did not ask for our opinions, just help on his case.

Let's remember meauxna's well bumped post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7569 and remember that every time we say hurtful things, it stops someone from asking questions and possibly puts them into a position to make serious errors.

To the OP - you have been given good advice from some of our wisest. Good luck!

Mo

Maybe you should read his post a little closer, if all he wanted to know is if a K1 visa could be extended, he did not have to include the references to his worry or his fiances uncertainty. If all he wanted was a simple answer, he could have just asked a simple question.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Maybe you should read his post a little closer, if all he wanted to know is if a K1 visa could be extended, he did not have to include the references to his worry or his fiances uncertainty. If all he wanted was a simple answer, he could have just asked a simple question.

Bill

Sure.. let's examine the original post ......

Many questions arrise.

Can she request an extension of the K1?

If she returns to her home country, and we cancel the current K1, what is the likelyhood that another K1, or K3 spouse visa will be approved later on?

What is the likelyhood of her being approved for a tourist visa, so that we could see each other?

If she over stays and we marry a few months from now, I would think an application for adjustment of status would be shot down and she would be deported?

Sorry, but I see 4 questions and none of them asking for relationship advice. The OP was giving background info as many of us have asked for on numerous occasions when trying to respond to a request for help.

Mo

timeline.gif

I-130 for Parents - 2013
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Timeline

Bill

Many questions arrise.

If she returns to her home country, and we cancel the current K1, what is the likelyhood that another K1, or K3 spouse visa will be approved later on?

What is the likelyhood of her being approved for a tourist visa, so that we could see each other?

If she over stays and we marry a few months from now, I would think an application for adjustment of status would be shot down and she would be deported?

Sorry, but I see 4 questions and none of them asking for relationship advice. The OP was giving background info as many of us have asked for on numerous occasions when trying to respond to a request for help.

Mo

Why would the OP give backgroud info if he did not expect or want anyone to comment on it? I hope you're not this bossy with your fiance :o

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

AOS Journey:

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-08-27 Biometrics

Citizenship Journey:

Why would the OP give backgroud info if he did not expect or want anyone to comment on it? I hope you're not this bossy with your fiance :o

Bill

I don't know why the OP gave background info. I am not the OP; however, I believe I have already stated why I THINK he gave background info. I THINK that he gave background info so as to best enable us to help him with his specific case. That being said .. I am not the OP.. I could be wrong. Regardless, it is not up to us to criticize either of them. Nobody made us a collective judge, jury and executioner.

As for your question/comment on whether or not I am this 'bossy' with my fiance ...

1. I don't believe that trying to stick up for the integrity of this forum is bossy

2. That is simply none of your business as I did not ask for your advice. It was UNSOLICITED.

Mo

timeline.gif

I-130 for Parents - 2013
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

She was thinking that she could stay and marry later.

This is the part that is grabbing at me. Seems like she had other intentions(possibly)

Sounds like her main objetive was just to get here and then she would contemplate whether she wanted to marry you. If that's so then it seems like a bit of a slap in the face. marriage isn't a debate one ponders after getting the visa. Of course I don't know how your relationship is in general so I surely don't want to sound like I am accusing her of anything false. I would take the situation she is presenting and see if there have been any other little red flags she might have waved or odd behavior prior to coming to USA. For your sake I hope she is genuine and you two can come to a mutual feeling about whether to marry or not. I don't think she should go back and try for another visa extension or visa just to buy more time into the USA to decide if she really wants to be with you. She needs to know and should know, it's now or never. Just be sure she doesn't decide yes out of pressure for time. If she feels pressured then she is not ready.

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Timeline

Bill

I don't know why the OP gave background info. I am not the OP; however, I believe I have already stated why I THINK he gave background info. I THINK that he gave background info so as to best enable us to help him with his specific case. That being said .. I am not the OP.. I could be wrong. Regardless, it is not up to us to criticize either of them. Nobody made us a collective judge, jury and executioner.

As for your question/comment on whether or not I am this 'bossy' with my fiance ...

1. I don't believe that trying to stick up for the integrity of this forum is bossy

2. That is simply none of your business as I did not ask for your advice. It was UNSOLICITED.

Mo

We're getting way off topic here. But I don't think anyone appointed you judge, jury and executioner when it comes to determining how other members should respond to posts. Improper posts should be reported to the moderator IMHO.

In this particular case the OP expressed his worry about his fiance's uncertainty and in such a case I think its quite normal and to be expected that other members are going to comment on it.

I think some of the comments were a bit rude myself - but hey - I don't feel it's my place to tell others what they can or cannot say here and I don't try to.

I don't think anyone asked for your advice as to what they sould post either, your comments in this regard were UNSOLICITED so I just figured I'd give you a taste of your own medicine.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-10-23 NOA2

AOS Journey:

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-08-27 Biometrics

Citizenship Journey:

Nice person. I hope everything goes well for you too, a-hole. You don~t know my situation.

What is there to think about? She got a visa and got all affidavits swearing to get married within 90 days of entering the US and now she is not sure? Please send her ### back to where she came from and get another woman! People like this really annoy me.

Other people are waiting to get visas, and some of those who have them are playing with what they have.

I wish this visa would have taken 10 years to process, to give her enough time to think about whether to get married or not,once she gets here.

FYI, the assumption of the K-1 visa is that one is already decided on getting married at the time the initial I-129F is filed. Otherwise why call oneself a fiance?

------

In less than a month my fiance's K1 visa will expire. She want's to be sure about the marriage and does not want to marry just because of the 90 day requirement. I was ready to go ahead with the marriage but of course I am now worried if she is not ready.

She was thinking that she could staya and marry later. But she now understands that on day 91 she will be out of status and must return to her home country, or she is an illegal with probably no chance of ever getting permanent residency. If she returns to her home country, she is thinking that she can apply for a fiance or spouse visa later. I cannot imagine going through this process again, not to mention the expense.

Many questions arrise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
In less than a month my fiance's K1 visa will expire. She want's to be sure about the marriage and does not want to marry just because of the 90 day requirement. I was ready to go ahead with the marriage but of course I am now worried if she is not ready.

She was thinking that she could staya and marry later. But she now understands that on day 91 she will be out of status and must return to her home country, or she is an illegal with probably no chance of ever getting permanent residency. If she returns to her home country, she is thinking that she can apply for a fiance or spouse visa later. I cannot imagine going through this process again, not to mention the expense.

Many questions arrise.

Cris,

It is difficult to answer all your questions as you don't have a complete profile/timeline.

No, a K1 cannot be extended under any circumstances.

Difficult to answer question about tourist visa. I have never had any problems getting into US on the VWP, but I am Australia. Some countries have a higher fraud rate and they are less likely to let you in on a tourist visa.

Your last question is never recommended by USCIS as it can be risky. Perhaps an attorney or someone with specific experience can guide you with this one.

Good luck. You're doing the right thing by not rushing for the sake of K1 restrictions. I learnt that the hard way when I was younger and it cost me a stressful and messy divorce.

Timeline
Nice person. I hope everything goes well for you too, a-hole. You don~t know my situation.

-- snip -- for brevity

I agree this post was realy rude. I hope my post did not offend you chis, if it did, I apologize.

I've been 'around the block' a few times in my life, and I know many people who have been in similar situations and pushed ahead with a marriage when they were not sure and I have witnessed tragic results.

To me your post posed a bigger question than the specific questions you asked, and from the responses you've received, others would agree with me. I just want to tell you to be careful. The decsions you make over the next 30 days are going to have long term consequences.

Bill

Edited by TucsonBill

I-129f Journey:

2006-10-23 NOA2

AOS Journey:

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-08-27 Biometrics

Citizenship Journey:

Correct Mo. I am looking for an answer to my questions, not for these people who know nothing about my fiances situation to attack her so viciously. The women sat on a bus for 8 hours to go to her interview. She left behind adoring family and friends and loves her countryand culture. This was not easy for her.

Bill

Many questions arrise.

Mo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's where I see the difficulty laying.

You both entered into this visa process together, hopefully understanding the timeframe required (ie. marrying before 90 days were up). You both signed letters of intent stating that yes, you are free to marry and will do so within the guidelines of the visa.

Now, I am one who advocates making sure before making huge decisions -- getting married is a big one and not one to be entered into lightly, so I appreciate what is going through your fiance's mind. However, the assumption by USCIS is that when people begin applying for the fiance visa, they've already got this one figured out and will be getting married within the 90 days like they say they will. So to answer your questions, if your fiance decides to go home having not gotten married, reapplying for a K-1 may be much more difficult. I'm not saying impossible, but you probably will be subjected to more scrutiny. Same with the tourist visa, I honestly don't think you'll get one, but I could be wrong.

Many best wishes to you both as you sort this all out.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I don't know your whole story, but bottom line, given all it took to get her here, and now she's not sure, (if I were you), I'd be VERY UNSURE myself! I wish there was a 'divorce' forum here you could go read. I've read some stories here that would curl your toes!

As hard as it may be to accecpt, I'd accept it, send her back, and count my lucky stars that you didn't get married - tears now are better than tears plus an absolute nightmare later, (after you're married).

I continually, (to the point of being annoying sometimes), ask Pao "are you SURE this is really what you want", and we discuss all the negatives as well as positives.

I am of the belief that 'love is not enough' to ensure a happy relationship. There should be common goals, common interests, common beliefs about life, religion and child rearing, etc.

Now is the time to be very careful and save yourself alot of grief down the road.

IMHO

Bill

TucsonBill and ChristinaM have hit the nail on the head. The process is way long enough and she had many opportunities to let u know about her doubts. Let me tell u form the experience of a failed marriage, do not do it just because u r sure... if she is not sure, there is more she is not telling you and the marriage will end in a disaster. I am assuming at this point her letter of intent was just to get through the K1 process and to get to the states.

All that said, u supposed ly know this person better than anyone here but a lot of flags are going off for us and they should be for u. If u feel she just has cold feet and is worth the wait, do not let the 90 K1 drive ur decision, wait and deal with the 130 later or send her home. Just remember she and u both, now have the K1 visa on ur records and will fall into the IMBRA laws of multiple petitions.

I wish u the best of luck, and my best advice is cut ur losses while u r ahead. If the relationship is this hard prior to marriage it will only get worse after. JMHO Payato

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I dont think its easy for anybody to leave their countries they have lived in all their lives. Sure, the foreign fiance(e)'s have to give up a lot but we all knew that before. Me and my fiance thought about all that before we even got engaged. One person has to give up eveything and basically start a new live in the US.

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

stand on the clouds and never forget

we're holding on to you

in our memories and thoughts

until one day we'll meet again

Truly missed but never forgotten:

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

"IMMIGRATION" PROCESS (TIMELINE):CLICK HERE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.