36 posts in this topic

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

First Giving Honor to God. Our visa was approved.

1. For Ghana interviews let me just say Petitioner go to the appontment, it helps.

2. Get tax transcripts fort he current year. They only except tax transcripts.

3. Be prepared. Gaither every document you can get and present them neat and organized.

4. Take your patients, it took us from 7:30am till 2:30pm to finish this interview. That said everything was straight forward and to the point.

I thank God I stumbled on to this website. The information here can not be beat. This site helped us to be very prepared and present our documents in the best possible way. Thanks everyone who has helped with our success.

Congratulations on your success

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I was very shocked they let me in. We walk to the line and the lady looked at the appointment letter, she checked his name. We just walked in and did look back. When you come in they ask for the Petitioners passport. No problem I had it. It was so many people we had to sit outside. When it had cleared out some they let us in the building. We sat and whenever they called his name I went to the window. She did sit me down when she began interviewing him. She then called me up, and confirmed the answers he gave. I am so glad we had coordinated a few answers the night before. Out of the 5 questions she asked two was about what I like to eat. I had sat in ear shot of their conversation, so I heard fufu and goat soup. My answers were fufu and goat soup although I really wanted to say fried chicken as my favorite food. Whatever, for today I was fufu and goat soup.

AmericanGirl: Thank you so much for your words the other day they really helped settle me. The visa cant be picked up until the 29 of February, the lady said they have some backups and printing problems.

Here are our 5 Questions:

1. How did we meet? Asked twice of both of us. I guess to see if we would slip up

2. What work the Petitioner does?

3. Where does Petitioner live? Houes or Apartment

4. What is my favorite Ghanian food? asked of both of us (Asked Petitioner what is my favorite soup)

5. What does Beneficiary like about me?

It is funny the entire time from the time you walk in you are in the interview. When we walked to the window you can see the desiion is made. The way you sit and talk while waiting, how you walk to the windows, how he speaks to you are all under review. I started getting nervous about the wait, when I get nervous my entire face changes. My husband could see my face and had to make me laugh because, when you get to the window it shows. The interviewer tries to be engaging however,she is interviewing the entire time. She asked my husband had he gotten me to try "grass cutter" because she is a vegitarian but that is one food she would like to try? I heard my husband laugh and so "oh no my wife, I do not think she would try that she cant even look at the fish with its head on." The woman laughed and that is the one thing she said when I came to the window "oh your husband loves you and knows you well, and she told me what he had said. She said "I can tell when it is not real, when people answer with one word answers".

Observation: I saw a couple, same scenerio, the woman must have gotten in trouble with the questions. The man was in ear shot. He sprung up and ran to the window and started pleading the case. I couldnt hear everything said but you could tell it made a difference. The want to see you passion for this case, for each other and for the relationship. Go there with that passion and defend your relationship.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

USCIS

2012 Jan 23: NOA1

2012 May 31: NOA2 (129 days)

NVC

2012 Jun 25: NVC received file from USCIS

2012 Jun 28: NVC assigned case number

2012 Jun 28: DS-3032 e-mailed to NVC

2012 Jul 10: DS-3032 was accepted

2012 Jul 10: AOS fee is Invoiced

2012 Jul 10: AOS fee is Paid

2012 Jul 11: AOS fee status showed Paid in system

2012 Jul 12: AOS package sent to NVC

2012 Jul 20: AOS package accepted

2012 Jul 11: IV fee is Invoiced

2012 Jul 11: IV fee is Paid

2012 Jul 12: IV fee status showed Paid in system

2012 Jul 12: IV packet sent to NVC

2012 Jul 21: CASE COMPLETE at NVC (26 days)

CONSULATE

2012 Aug 03: Received packet 4 / date of interview by e-mail

2012 Sep 10: Medical Exam

2012 Sep 12: INTERVIEW Result: APPROVED!

2012 Sep 17: Received Passport

USA!!!

2012 Sep 23: POE Detroit

2012 Oct 02: SSN Received

2012 Oct 12: Greencard received

event.png

Timeline

I know this is for IR-1/CR-1 but in my case I'm a K-1. so petitioners are now allowed to accompany the beneficiary to the interview? :unsure: Or is it just for the IR-1 cases and not the K-1's?

They did seem to care what type of visa. I just flashed the passport.

I was very shocked they let me in. We walk to the line and the lady looked at the appointment letter, she checked his name. We just walked in and did look back. When you come in they ask for the Petitioners passport. No problem I had it. It was so many people we had to sit outside. When it had cleared out some they let us in the building. We sat and whenever they called his name I went to the window. She did sit me down when she began interviewing him. She then called me up, and confirmed the answers he gave. I am so glad we had coordinated a few answers the night before. Out of the 5 questions she asked two was about what I like to eat. I had sat in ear shot of their conversation, so I heard fufu and goat soup. My answers were fufu and goat soup although I really wanted to say fried chicken as my favorite food. Whatever, for today I was fufu and goat soup.

AmericanGirl: Thank you so much for your words the other day they really helped settle me. The visa cant be picked up until the 29 of February, the lady said they have some backups and printing problems.

Here are our 5 Questions:

1. How did we meet? Asked twice of both of us. I guess to see if we would slip up

2. What work the Petitioner does?

3. Where does Petitioner live? Houes or Apartment

4. What is my favorite Ghanian food? asked of both of us (Asked Petitioner what is my favorite soup)

5. What does Beneficiary like about me?

It is funny the entire time from the time you walk in you are in the interview. When we walked to the window you can see the desiion is made. The way you sit and talk while waiting, how you walk to the windows, how he speaks to you are all under review. I started getting nervous about the wait, when I get nervous my entire face changes. My husband could see my face and had to make me laugh because, when you get to the window it shows. The interviewer tries to be engaging however,she is interviewing the entire time. She asked my husband had he gotten me to try "grass cutter" because she is a vegitarian but that is one food she would like to try? I heard my husband laugh and so "oh no my wife, I do not think she would try that she cant even look at the fish with its head on." The woman laughed and that is the one thing she said when I came to the window "oh your husband loves you and knows you well, and she told me what he had said. She said "I can tell when it is not real, when people answer with one word answers".

Observation: I saw a couple, same scenerio, the woman must have gotten in trouble with the questions. The man was in ear shot. He sprung up and ran to the window and started pleading the case. I couldnt hear everything said but you could tell it made a difference. The want to see you passion for this case, for each other and for the relationship. Go there with that passion and defend your relationship.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Timeline

Oh My God I have been checking on here all morning for the good news. thank you Jesus...I'm so happy for you..So did they let the petitioner go into the interview with the benefictionary??? I was considering going to the interview with my husband... did they ask a lot alot of questions.. what questions did they ask... wow im so happy like its my own interview.. my heart is just smiling and over joyed... so when will you receive the visa?

Thank you so much for your kind words before our interview it really help settle me. I have not been able to get excited yet I am still in shock. My husband keeps laughing at me because I cant get excited it just has not hit yet.

Only 5 questions. I tried to post them here I do not see them. I think I posed the questions in my embassy review. Please go to the interview it really does make a difference.

Timeline

Thank you all for you well wishes. We appreciate it more than you know.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

May God bless you and ur family :thumbs:

Married---07/30/2011

USCIS Stage

11/07/2011-----I-130 Sent

11/10/2011---- NOA1 email received

11/14/2011---- Touched

1/4/2012 ------ RFE ( Request for Evidence ) email received

1/13/2012------ RFE document mailed to USCIS

1/25/2012------ NOA2 APPROVED ( Yahoooooooo )

NVC Stage

1/31/2012-------Case received at NVC

2/08/2012------- Case number received, IIN, both petitionner and benificiary email given

2/08/2012------- DS 3032 ( choice of agent ) emailed to NVC

2/10/2012------- AOS fee bill paid ( status: in progress)

2/13/2012--------DS 3032 accepted

2/14/2012-------- AOS fee bill shows " PAID" and IV fee bill invoiced

2/16/2012-------- IV fee bill shows " PAID"

2/17/2012-------- IV package sent via USPS

2/24/2012-------- IV package reviewed and accepted

3/27/2012-------- AOS checklist express mailed via USPS

3/28/2012-------- AOS Checklist received by NVC

3/30/2012-------- Case Complete ( Thank you Lord )

Medical / Consulate / POE

5/11/2012-------- Medical Exam

6/12/2012-------- Interview date / APPROVED

6/21/2012 -------- POE Newark, NJ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Out of the 5 questions she asked two was about what I like to eat. I had sat in ear shot of their conversation, so I heard fufu and goat soup. My answers were fufu and goat soup although I really wanted to say fried chicken as my favorite food. Whatever, for today I was fufu and goat soup.

:rofl:

Congrats for your approval!

Edited by Laure&Colin

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.