Danno

Ron Paul, whats in the cards.

52 posts in this topic

Timeline

So your theory is the hundreds of failed pieces of RP's legislation is a positive? Check!

You have to have more than your lone vote to pass legislation. There is a reason that the National and state GOP sent a candidate to run against Ron Paul and well fund them every election cycle primary. That was Ron Pauls sole election as in the regular election not even the Dems would run against him. Ron Paul would beat whoever they GOP sent against him by getting always 80-90 percent of the vote, yet the GOP continued to try because they hated him so much for not following in line with them. Now maybe this will show everyone here the animosity they have for Ron Paul and this election.They do not want to come to talk to Ron Paul. They want nothing to do with him. They will do so if they have fear. Him continuing to do well will place fear in them.

Filed: Timeline
You might have had a little more weight behind your comment, had you posted Obamas exhaustive list of legislation...

Well, just taking a quick scan, there would be the Lugar-Obama initiative and the Coburn-Obama Transparency Act. So, there's two pieces of legislation that carry Obamas name and that have been passed. That's twice as many as Ron Paul has gotten done while Mr. Paul had served in Congress more than five times as long as Mr. Obama did. Bummer, eh, Danno? But why worry? Ron Paul is going to have a fine retirement starting very, very soon. And I wish him all the best.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

You have to have more than your lone vote to pass legislation.

Yes, indeed. You have to make a convincing case, garner support and build a coalition to pass legislation. It's called leadership. It's a key quality any candidate for the Presidency ought to be able to demonstrate. If one spends 20 years in Congress and manages to pass a single piece of legislation, I'd say that falls far short of demonstrating leadership. I, for one, am not impressed with that resume.

Timeline

Yes, indeed. You have to make a convincing case, garner support and build a coalition to pass legislation. It's called leadership. It's a key quality any candidate for the Presidency ought to be able to demonstrate. If one spends 20 years in Congress and manages to pass a single piece of legislation, I'd say that falls far short of demonstrating leadership. I, for one, am not impressed with that resume.

I never expected you to be impressed. Many also find that it is showing leadership to forego ones own ideas and sell your vote to get something in the future. Apparently for a politician to be a leader they have to toe the line and follow the platform. Going along with the group is not leadership but being a follower. Now a leader is a person that has ideas and sticks with them no matter what and no matter how unpopular. That leader going against the flow will need time to go along but their persistence eventually will be seen and admired by just not giving in. Also by staying true to their ideas allows leaders to gather a following and a hope that others will follow to help that lone voice be heard. This is a true leader. By your definition the more laws one produces and enacts mean they are the top leaders. To me it just shows that they are following the herd.

I never expected you to be impressed. Many also find that it is showing leadership to forego ones own ideas and sell your vote to get something in the future. Apparently for a politician to be a leader they have to toe the line and follow the platform. Going along with the group is not leadership but being a follower. Now a leader is a person that has ideas and sticks with them no matter what and no matter how unpopular. That leader going against the flow will need time to go along but their persistence eventually will be seen and admired by just not giving in. Also by staying true to their ideas allows leaders to gather a following and a hope that others will follow to help that lone voice be heard. This is a true leader. By your definition the more laws one produces and enacts mean they are the top leaders. To me it just shows that they are following the herd.

No, leadership is bringing people together and having an impact on the platform. You can't effect change alone. You can't pass legislation alone. A leader brings people in behind him / her and gets things done. You can sit there, have a position and remain firmly with it. I can do that. Everyone can. No big deal. But to bring my vision to life, to make it happen, that takes leadership. And - based on the results he produced over the span of more than two decades in public office - Ron Paul lacks it.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

The writing's on the wall. Sorry boys but your hero is retiring. Mark my words.

retirement-sign3.jpg

According to the survey, 34% of Republicans and independents who lean towards the GOP say they're likely to support the former Massachusetts governor for the nomination, with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich at 18%, and Rep. Ron Paul of Texas and former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania each at 15%. Texas Gov. Rick Perry stands at 9% in the poll, with former Utah Gov. and former ambassador to China Jon Huntsman at 4%.

Romney and Gingrich were tied at 28% support in CNN's last national survey, which was conducted in mid-December, before Romney's narrow victory in last week's Iowa caucuses and his big win Tuesday night in the New Hampshire primary. Romney became the first non-incumbent to win Iowa and New Hampshire back to back.

Gingrich finished out of the money in Iowa and New Hampshire. Romney edged up six points while Gingrich dropped ten points since the last poll. Paul, who came in third in Iowa and a strong second in New Hampshire, has inched up a point, while Santorum, who lost to Romney by just eight votes in Iowa before coming in fifth in New Hampshire, is up 11 points.

The poll also looks at hypothetical two-man matchups for the GOP nomination, with Romney leading Gingrich 59-37%, beating Santorum 60%-37%, and topping Paul 67-31%.

Retirement_road_sign.21815705_std.JPG

Timeline

No, leadership is bringing people together and having an impact on the platform. You can't effect change alone. You can't pass legislation alone. A leader brings people in behind him / her and gets things done. You can sit there, have a position and remain firmly with it. I can do that. Everyone can. No big deal. But to bring my vision to life, to make it happen, that takes leadership. And - based on the results he produced over the span of more than two decades in public office - Ron Paul lacks it.

Yes and there have been many leaders in history that have been able to do this in many ways. How about if Ron Paul keeps surging and denying the majority at the convention. This is what the GOP is facing. They will have to talk to Ron Paul. They will no way of denying his ideas. But Ron Paul will have to force it and win and I doubt he will do that completely. Romney boy needs to just win and win big. RINO's win again as usual. Very few men in our history has made a wave with their ideas like this and had people stand up and take notice.

Now who is showing leadership here?

Yes and there have been many leaders in history that have been able to do this in many ways. How about if Ron Paul keeps surging and denying the majority at the convention. This is what the GOP is facing. They will have to talk to Ron Paul. They will no way of denying his ideas. But Ron Paul will have to force it and win and I doubt he will do that completely. Romney boy needs to just win and win big. RINO's win again as usual. Very few men in our history has made a wave with their ideas like this and had people stand up and take notice.

Now who is showing leadership here?

So, now you are starting to divorce yourself from reality after all. Sad. Ron Paul is not surging. He's gained ONE point since mid December. One point from 14% of support to 15%. Call it whatever you want but it ain't no damn surge. He will come in as an "also ran" next Saturday in South Carolina and probably do a bit worse than that in Florida at the end of the month. He's retiring. He's not leading and he's not forcing his position he hasn't forced on anything in over twenty years onto the GOP this summer. When the GOP gathers here in Tampa for their convention, it'll be "Ron Who"?

Man, there are going to be a lot of splashes into that ocean of reality. Can't wait.

Yes he is and welcome back home Ron Paul. kicking.gif

Now that's the spirit. I wish him all the best for his retirement.

Timeline

So, now you are starting to divorce yourself from reality after all. Sad. Ron Paul is not surging. He's gained ONE point since mid December. One point from 14% of support to 15%. Call it whatever you want but it ain't no damn surge. He will come in as an "also ran" next Saturday in South Carolina and probably do a bit worse than that in Florida at the end of the month. He's retiring. He's not leading and he's not forcing his position he hasn't forced on anything in over twenty years onto the GOP this summer. When the GOP gathers here in Tampa for their convention, it'll be "Ron Who"?

Man, there are going to be a lot of splashes into that ocean of reality. Can't wait.

No kidding. He just did a huge surge in S.C. and Romney took a nose dive there. Granted the Ging got a good boost but Santorum tanked. If you think Romney is a great leader lets see him win. S.C. should be Santorum friendly. He is a Bush Jr. lite and tailor made for S.C. Romney has nothing new. The Ging running as a Reagan conservative is a joke. Still time for the Charism of Romney to beat back the competition right?unsure.gif

Timeline

Now that's the spirit. I wish him all the best for his retirement.

We all do back home here too. He has served us well.star_smile.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

RP, FTW!

And what's wrong with a cellar full of canned goods and 9mm ammo?

As an investment strategy? Quite a bit.

Mixed bag, yes. Supporting Mitt Romney is the LAST thing that "they" as a collective would do however. They'd write-in Ron Paul before voting for a piece of ####### like Mitt.

+1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what? reason Paul ran a strong third in Iowa I thought he came in 2nd? #######?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !