noura

Friday!

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
It seems we're all having our disagreements with our SO's at the same time, lol.

This is the side effect of the first week of fasting. As I understand it, this is one of the gifts/challenges presented to us so that we can become aware of our negative tendencies and address them I guess.

Last night Moh was in a bad mood and I was depressed. I made every effort to dodge losing my temper. Just made for a difficult conversation. I guess he felt it too because he called me at 2:30 am to say he couldn't sleep because he felt he wasn't good to me. I told him even when he's poopy he's good to me and to go to bed. lol

Edited by just_waiting

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
The man is ALWAYS tired it seems. I would feel tired too if all I did was sleep. Actually when I do sleep a lot I feel more lazy and tired.

It seems we're all having our disagreements with our SO's at the same time, lol. Last night I was talking to Mohamed while I was eating mamoul. He asked what I was eating and I told him. He started on me about how it's not useful food and that I must eat something useful that will make me have a strong body. I told him I had eaten my dinner and this was just something afterward and besides I'm not a child..I know what's good and bad for me. He told me my body was weak. I told him..well I had TWO children NATURALLY without drugs or surgery..my body is strong enough for that! He had to mention his sister who just had a baby. She had a C section but he commented about how her doctor told her how strong her body is. I'm thinking..well GOODY for her. Then he asked..how long ago did you have your last baby? He knows but he wanted me to say it. I said, nearly 9 yrs. He said, well your body is different now and 9 yrs is a long time. I was INSULTED! I said, oh I'm sorry I'm not as "strong" as Egyptian women like your sister. Maybe you should've married one of them instead of marrying a weak bodied woman like me. I said, No, instead you married a woman who could turn into jelly at any moment from her "weak" body. He just laughed and said..I love you so much..I love when you get angry about nothing. Haha funny..I wasn't amused.

You may stay on a similar schedule as you are on now only on Egypt time. Like when I'm there I go to bed after fagr which is around 5am or so..10pm EST. That's kinda my normal bed time here. I would wake up at 1pm Egypt time which is about 6am EST. About the same time I wake up here. So I didn't really suffer from jet lag. I did seem kinda out of it though for a day.

O kara you hit the nail right on the head... I wanted to tell Ahmed the same thing.... Sorry I am not used to doing things like Algerian women, maybe you should have married one of them. ####### we have married not even a month and my wonderfully happy mood has turned to shyt. I am praying it is cos we are fasting...

Filed: Timeline

Yeah I was not a happy camper after that. It's like thanks for pissing me off then laughing at me. Afterwards he tried to be very sweet and apologetic but it was too late! He's already called me today to see if I've "changed my mood". Why does he do that to himself? He knows what pisses me off. He tells me I take things too personally. Uh yeah when you're talking about ME I take it personal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I just blew up at my fiancee the otherday when I called him at 7 am (here) and it was 1pm (Algeria) and he was still sleeping. I had been up since 4:30am studying and will be up until 10pm studying and he just sleeps ALL DAY. And I'm trying to do Ramadan for the first time and its so hard and SO ANNOYING when he tells me that its really important to do it well, yet he wakes up and only has to fast 6 hours and I am going through 13 hour days not eating. I don't know why its annoying, because I know God will reward each of us separatly for our efforts but it jut buggs me.

I know its hard when your SO tells you where you can and cannot go, but I always try to remember that 1. He is doing it because he loves you, and because he thinks its best for you, and 2. Hopefully if there are certain things that you don't feel comfortable with him doing hopefully he will give you the same respect

03/09/07 - POE at JFK - Temp EAD given

03/13/07 - Married

AOS

04/20/07 - Package arrived in Chicago

04/26/07 - NOA1 for AOS and AP

05/08/07 - AP touched

05/22/07 - Biometrics

05/23/07 - RFE email notification for 485

05/29/07 - RFE received by mail - Request for medical exam

06/01/07 - Contacted congressman regarding RFE

06/08/07 - Case resumed processing

10/01/07 - Email Notice of Transfer to CSC

10/04/07 - Pending at CSC

11/09/07 - Green Card Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Henia I'm so sorry to hear this I hope things look up and it's just because of Ramadan.

Nothing going on here today at all... Hicham is working, fasting, being hungry...

Take care!

Sarah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am sorry you are having such a rough day. Hopefully it is the fasting but my guess is he is just like other husbands...simply doesn't know what will hurt your feelings or what expectations are realistic. Like the pastries - he is married now so he can ask you to make them anytime he wants -so to him, whats the problem? men just dont think about the nessessary sequence...1.learn how to make them ...2. seek required ingredients and supplies ......asking for the pastries first is just - manly.

Its not that I am trying to bash men, I am actually defending him sort of. He probably has no idea that he insulted you and i would give him the benefit of doubt in guessing that if he knew you needed anything he would get it. Maybe if you asked him if his brother's wife would mind loaning you her stuff, he might run out and buy you whatever you need. (just make your requests specific and dont really ask the sil)

And as much as you are needing to voice this:

"Sorry I am not used to doing things like Algerian women, maybe you should have married one of them." ####### we have married not even a month and my wonderfully happy mood has turned to shyt. I am praying it is cos we are fasting...

You have to find the restraint to save that for after you return to the us (if ever). You have to. As inconsiderate of your feelings his comments were, that aggrivation probably won't compare to the lonliness you will get if his family got wind of you saying anything like that to him. Its not fair but you are the one here that cant take things like that back.

later

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am sorry you are having such a rough day. Hopefully it is the fasting but my guess is he is just like other husbands...simply doesn't know what will hurt your feelings or what expectations are realistic. Like the pastries - he is married now so he can ask you to make them anytime he wants -so to him, whats the problem? men just dont think about the nessessary sequence...1.learn how to make them ...2. seek required ingredients and supplies ......asking for the pastries first is just - manly.

Its not that I am trying to bash men, I am actually defending him sort of. He probably has no idea that he insulted you and i would give him the benefit of doubt in guessing that if he knew you needed anything he would get it. Maybe if you asked him if his brother's wife would mind loaning you her stuff, he might run out and buy you whatever you need. (just make your requests specific and dont really ask the sil)

And as much as you are needing to voice this:

"Sorry I am not used to doing things like Algerian women, maybe you should have married one of them." ####### we have married not even a month and my wonderfully happy mood has turned to shyt. I am praying it is cos we are fasting...

You have to find the restraint to save that for after you return to the us (if ever). You have to. As inconsiderate of your feelings his comments were, that aggrivation probably won't compare to the lonliness you will get if his family got wind of you saying anything like that to him. Its not fair but you are the one here that cant take things like that back.

later

Great advice Dawn! :thumbs:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

Hicham wakes up every morning at 5 am to eat then he goes back to bed. I don't eat I just try to keep sleeping. He likes to eat in our room since the kitchen is upstairs so he brings water, a banana, some cookies, and orange juice in our room the night before. Every morning I really want to kill him when he gets up and turns on every light in the room- 3 lights. If someone can tell me why that is necessary I am really interested to know. Anyways this morning was just too much, it's like he can't just open the package of cookies quietly. He tears through everything and it sounds like he is literally shredding all the plastic from the package. When he drinks out of his glass and then he sets it back down he basically gets the glass about 2 inches from the desk then just lets it go so it hits the desk and sounds like someone is doing some construction inside our bedroom. I don't think he thinks for one second that I am sleeping and maybe he could make a small effort not to bang everything possible when he gets up. I think tonight I am going to open the cookies early and maybe have a little chat about how one puts their glass back down after drinking, and ask him if he knows that I am sleeping at 5 am while he is up making as much noise as he possibly can. When he sleeps and I am up in the mo rning I tiptoe around but that's the end of that! Ok that's it. Bye now!

Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hicham wakes up every morning at 5 am to eat then he goes back to bed. I don't eat I just try to keep sleeping. He likes to eat in our room since the kitchen is upstairs so he brings water, a banana, some cookies, and orange juice in our room the night before. Every morning I really want to kill him when he gets up and turns on every light in the room- 3 lights. If someone can tell me why that is necessary I am really interested to know. Anyways this morning was just too much, it's like he can't just open the package of cookies quietly. He tears through everything and it sounds like he is literally shredding all the plastic from the package. When he drinks out of his glass and then he sets it back down he basically gets the glass about 2 inches from the desk then just lets it go so it hits the desk and sounds like someone is doing some construction inside our bedroom. I don't think he thinks for one second that I am sleeping and maybe he could make a small effort not to bang everything possible when he gets up. I think tonight I am going to open the cookies early and maybe have a little chat about how one puts their glass back down after drinking, and ask him if he knows that I am sleeping at 5 am while he is up making as much noise as he possibly can. When he sleeps and I am up in the mo rning I tiptoe around but that's the end of that! Ok that's it. Bye now!

Sarah

Ok, crankypants. :P:lol:

Timeline

Sarah

Well that is definitely not my first choice of how I like to wake up in the morning, especially if it's 5 am!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sarah

Well that is definitely not my first choice of how I like to wake up in the morning, especially if it's 5 am!

I'm just teasing, I would be pissed too!

Timeline

I know you are, but you totally crossed the line when you called me crankypants. Oh well time for some fries!

hahahaha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.