• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Henia I'm so sorry to hear this I hope things look up and it's just because of Ramadan.

Nothing going on here today at all... Hicham is working, fasting, being hungry...

Take care!

Sarah

Ye it is ok Sarah... disagreements are bound to happen in a marriage, just I was hoping it would way down the line LoL
All I can think about right now are french fries. :wacko:
Oooooooo snaaaaaaaaaaps ye a burger and fries sounds heavenly right now... and snaps I do not normally even eat meat... but I am craving it since I cannot have it here...and some pizza... (and not the Algerian version with marquez, tuna, saltless tasteless sauce, no shreds of cheese and no salt)
I am sorry you are having such a rough day. Hopefully it is the fasting but my guess is he is just like other husbands...simply doesn't know what will hurt your feelings or what expectations are realistic. Like the pastries - he is married now so he can ask you to make them anytime he wants -so to him, whats the problem? men just dont think about the nessessary sequence...1.learn how to make them ...2. seek required ingredients and supplies ......asking for the pastries first is just - manly.

Its not that I am trying to bash men, I am actually defending him sort of. He probably has no idea that he insulted you and i would give him the benefit of doubt in guessing that if he knew you needed anything he would get it. Maybe if you asked him if his brother's wife would mind loaning you her stuff, he might run out and buy you whatever you need. (just make your requests specific and dont really ask the sil)

And as much as you are needing to voice this:

"Sorry I am not used to doing things like Algerian women, maybe you should have married one of them." ####### we have married not even a month and my wonderfully happy mood has turned to shyt. I am praying it is cos we are fasting...

You have to find the restraint to save that for after you return to the us (if ever). You have to. As inconsiderate of your feelings his comments were, that aggrivation probably won't compare to the lonliness you will get if his family got wind of you saying anything like that to him. Its not fair but you are the one here that cant take things like that back.

later

You are so right Dawn... And I am doing my best to control my mouth... I mean I am fine, I am having habit to say anything anyhow so.. I am not worried...but PO by his attitude... he is really a good man, to me better then the rest...in the US and as I have seen here in Algerie...but there are times when he is insenstiive... and I know he does not know he is being that way and I also know he has 0 experience with women so I am patient with him.
Hicham wakes up every morning at 5 am to eat then he goes back to bed. I don't eat I just try to keep sleeping. He likes to eat in our room since the kitchen is upstairs so he brings water, a banana, some cookies, and orange juice in our room the night before. Every morning I really want to kill him when he gets up and turns on every light in the room- 3 lights. If someone can tell me why that is necessary I am really interested to know. Anyways this morning was just too much, it's like he can't just open the package of cookies quietly. He tears through everything and it sounds like he is literally shredding all the plastic from the package. When he drinks out of his glass and then he sets it back down he basically gets the glass about 2 inches from the desk then just lets it go so it hits the desk and sounds like someone is doing some construction inside our bedroom. I don't think he thinks for one second that I am sleeping and maybe he could make a small effort not to bang everything possible when he gets up. I think tonight I am going to open the cookies early and maybe have a little chat about how one puts their glass back down after drinking, and ask him if he knows that I am sleeping at 5 am while he is up making as much noise as he possibly can. When he sleeps and I am up in the mo rning I tiptoe around but that's the end of that! Ok that's it. Bye now!

Sarah

Hmmm he seems to be keeping you very alert and busy Sarah! :lol: Hmmm but what would we MENA girls do without our annoying MENA men?

:whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
That's true Henia!
:D Ye we complain all day and night, yet when we hear them call our names...we become jello :lol:

Yep, rather when the phone rings and he says "Ok you can come get me now" from work haha.

Timeline
That's true Henia!
:D Ye we complain all day and night, yet when we hear them call our names...we become jello :lol:

Yep, rather when the phone rings and he says "Ok you can come get me now" from work haha.

BUt even as everyday that is...doesn't it feel just so so great to hear that voice and know that is MY man... and I AM with him?> :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

yeah yeah yeah haha no just kidding. I can't help but smile everytime I turn the corner and see him waiting on the curb for me to pick him up. So cute.

Timeline
yeah yeah yeah haha no just kidding. I can't help but smile everytime I turn the corner and see him waiting on the curb for me to pick him up. So cute.
Awwwwwww like your very own puppy dog... (no just kidding...he is I am sure 1000% better then a puppy dog) Awwwwwwwww love...what a great feeling!!!!!! (L)

Ye and even he told during dinner he missed... and played like I didnt know what he meant... he stared at me during the whole meal...and when it was over, he gave me a big bear hug saying "Don't go" Awwwwwww pulling of the heart strings... :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yay! It's Friday! I am glad it's friday because that means I am at work and I have two extra hours that keep me busy so I am not at homecounting down the minutes to magrib! Anyway, I wanted to sdd some input to all that has been siad in this thread so far today!

Oh God, yes...my husband sleeps ALL day during Ramadan. I told him it's cheating. He doesn't sleep until after fagr and doesn't wake up until right before maghrib. I told him he will not be doing that here. He loves to sleep. When I was there he would nap in the afternoon as if he did something so exhausting. Sometimes it would make me so angry. I didn't mind sitting with my sisters and mother but I didn't want him to be so lazy. That bothered me a lot.

My husband sleeps a lot on his days off also. But I know he works hard during the day, but he still gets 20-25 more hours of sleep a week than I do! He is always complaining about how tired he is. Yesterday, I came home needing him to confort me and talk to me a little while because I had found out some bad news. Well When I got home, I found the door all locked up, including the chain! When I walked into the house, I found him sound asleep in the bedroom. I went over to give him a kiss and talk to him. He woke up for a second to say hi and then rolled over again. I kept trying to wake him up, but he got so mad! He yelled at me, and told me to go away. I sat there and bothered him until he would listen. I turned on his phone and made him listen to the message I left him, which really got his attention. Then we were talking and he figured out why I was upset. Then he asked if I had fasted the whole day, which he knows I didn't because of my migraine, but he then went on to say that he was dissapointented in me. He also said that I shamed him becasue he told our friend on Monday that I was fasting, which I was, but Monday night I had a migraine that lasted until yesterday afternoon. So I got pissed! I got so upset and I was already feeling sad and then he had enough nerve to say that! I told him that I was sorry that he feels that I shamed him, but he shames me by sleeping all day through Ramadan. I started crying again, and left the room. He came out of the room found me on the couch crying and appoligized.

I hate how he can get me so upset and then can make me forgive him so easily! I sometimes wish I could be mad at him for longer, but he always knows what button to push.

The man is ALWAYS tired it seems. I would feel tired too if all I did was sleep. Actually when I do sleep a lot I feel more lazy and tired.

It seems we're all having our disagreements with our SO's at the same time, lol. Last night I was talking to Mohamed while I was eating mamoul. He asked what I was eating and I told him. He started on me about how it's not useful food and that I must eat something useful that will make me have a strong body. I told him I had eaten my dinner and this was just something afterward and besides I'm not a child..I know what's good and bad for me. He told me my body was weak. I told him..well I had TWO children NATURALLY without drugs or surgery..my body is strong enough for that! He had to mention his sister who just had a baby. She had a C section but he commented about how her doctor told her how strong her body is. I'm thinking..well GOODY for her. Then he asked..how long ago did you have your last baby? He knows but he wanted me to say it. I said, nearly 9 yrs. He said, well your body is different now and 9 yrs is a long time. I was INSULTED! I said, oh I'm sorry I'm not as "strong" as Egyptian women like your sister. Maybe you should've married one of them instead of marrying a weak bodied woman like me. I said, No, instead you married a woman who could turn into jelly at any moment from her "weak" body. He just laughed and said..I love you so much..I love when you get angry about nothing. Haha funny..I wasn't amused.

I hate it when I get mad and he thinks it's funny! It reminds me of a scene in the movie "Spanglish" where they are fighting and she asks him why he never yells. My husband doesn't understand that some things just get right under the skin and make me want to scream, but I have been a lot better at controling my temper. :thumbs:

I know its hard when your SO tells you where you can and cannot go, but I always try to remember that 1. He is doing it because he loves you, and because he thinks its best for you, and 2. Hopefully if there are certain things that you don't feel comfortable with him doing hopefully he will give you the same respect

My husband use to do this to me, but I would go and do want I wanted anyway. So he realized that as long as I tell him where I am going and about what time I will be home, he's better. He's not very protective of me, which tends to worry me, but that just shows that he trusts me.

Well I am about to go home for the day. I have some cleaning and cooking to do. I hope everyone has a good weekend. I hope your SO's treat you better! I also think it's the testing of Ramadan! Take care of yourselves!

Janine

Edited by Mrs. Forgetful

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
Yay! It's Friday! I am glad it's friday because that means I am at work and I have two extra hours that keep me busy so I am not at homecounting down the minutes to magrib! Anyway, I wanted to sdd some input to all that has been siad in this thread so far today!

Oh God, yes...my husband sleeps ALL day during Ramadan. I told him it's cheating. He doesn't sleep until after fagr and doesn't wake up until right before maghrib. I told him he will not be doing that here. He loves to sleep. When I was there he would nap in the afternoon as if he did something so exhausting. Sometimes it would make me so angry. I didn't mind sitting with my sisters and mother but I didn't want him to be so lazy. That bothered me a lot.

My husband sleeps a lot on his days off also. But I know he works hard during the day, but he still gets 20-25 more hours of sleep a week than I do! He is always complaining about how tired he is. Yesterday, I came home needing him to confort me and talk to me a little while because I had found out some bad news. Well When I got home, I found the door all locked up, including the chain! When I walked into the house, I found him sound asleep in the bedroom. I went over to give him a kiss and talk to him. He woke up for a second to say hi and then rolled over again. I kept trying to wake him up, but he got so mad! He yelled at me, and told me to go away. I sat there and bothered him until he would listen. I turned on his phone and made him listen to the message I left him, which really got his attention. Then we were talking and he figured out why I was upset. Then he asked if I had fasted the whole day, which he knows I didn't because of my migraine, but he then went on to say that he was dissapointented in me. He also said that I shamed him becasue he told our friend on Monday that I was fasting, which I was, but Monday night I had a migraine that lasted until yesterday afternoon. So I got pissed! I got so upset and I was already feeling sad and then he had enough nerve to say that! I told him that I was sorry that he feels that I shamed him, but he shames me by sleeping all day through Ramadan. I started crying again, and left the room. He came out of the room found me on the couch crying and appoligized.

I hate how he can get me so upset and then can make me forgive him so easily! I sometimes wish I could be mad at him for longer, but he always knows what button to push.

The man is ALWAYS tired it seems. I would feel tired too if all I did was sleep. Actually when I do sleep a lot I feel more lazy and tired.

It seems we're all having our disagreements with our SO's at the same time, lol. Last night I was talking to Mohamed while I was eating mamoul. He asked what I was eating and I told him. He started on me about how it's not useful food and that I must eat something useful that will make me have a strong body. I told him I had eaten my dinner and this was just something afterward and besides I'm not a child..I know what's good and bad for me. He told me my body was weak. I told him..well I had TWO children NATURALLY without drugs or surgery..my body is strong enough for that! He had to mention his sister who just had a baby. She had a C section but he commented about how her doctor told her how strong her body is. I'm thinking..well GOODY for her. Then he asked..how long ago did you have your last baby? He knows but he wanted me to say it. I said, nearly 9 yrs. He said, well your body is different now and 9 yrs is a long time. I was INSULTED! I said, oh I'm sorry I'm not as "strong" as Egyptian women like your sister. Maybe you should've married one of them instead of marrying a weak bodied woman like me. I said, No, instead you married a woman who could turn into jelly at any moment from her "weak" body. He just laughed and said..I love you so much..I love when you get angry about nothing. Haha funny..I wasn't amused.

I hate it when I get mad and he thinks it's funny! It reminds me of a scene in the movie "Spanglish" where they are fighting and she asks him why he never yells. My husband doesn't understand that some things just get right under the skin and make me want to scream, but I have been a lot better at controling my temper. :thumbs:

I know its hard when your SO tells you where you can and cannot go, but I always try to remember that 1. He is doing it because he loves you, and because he thinks its best for you, and 2. Hopefully if there are certain things that you don't feel comfortable with him doing hopefully he will give you the same respect

My husband use to do this to me, but I would go and do want I wanted anyway. So he realized that as long as I tell him where I am going and about what time I will be home, he's better. He's not very protective of me, which tends to worry me, but that just shows that he trusts me.

Well I am about to go home for the day. I have some cleaning and cooking to do. I hope everyone has a good weekend. I hope your SO's treat you better! I also think it's the testing of Ramadan! Take care of yourselves!

Janine

Man Janine your man sounds like my husband... so calm and collected...I want to scream sometimes :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Today has been rather hellish. My dad's 65th bday is on Sunday and I was planning a rather large surprise bday party for him at the hall in our church. Well last night a member of church passed away and the family wants to do her rosary on Sunday and we can't have a party at the same time. Sooooo, the party is now going to be tomorrow. We had to call all the guests, the DJ, the bakery, the caterer, and go out and get everything that I was planning to on Saturday today. I had to take the day off work and I'm pooped and so is my bank account. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
Today has been rather hellish. My dad's 65th bday is on Sunday and I was planning a rather large surprise bday party for him at the hall in our church. Well last night a member of church passed away and the family wants to do her rosary on Sunday and we can't have a party at the same time. Sooooo, the party is now going to be tomorrow. We had to call all the guests, the DJ, the bakery, the caterer, and go out and get everything that I was planning to on Saturday today. I had to take the day off work and I'm pooped and so is my bank account. :lol:
Hmmm good luck JP hope to hear all about your party

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hmmm good luck JP hope to hear all about your party

Thanks I will be sure to let you all know how it goes! (F)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.