noura

Friday!

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:P Good morning everyone... hope Charles arrived safely in Brazil and he's having a good time. I thought I'd start today's thread... I just ate some oatmeal, going back to bed for a while now! For everyone who was feeling sick/bad earlier this week, hope you're feeling better now. Have a great day!

Noura :star:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good morning

apple/cinnimon bagel and cream cheese with extra strong coffee today. Thats all I have to report so far.

have a good day everybody!

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Stayed at home sick today due to a migraine and lo and behold they just started construction work across the street and a jackhammer has been going strong since I dropped the girls off to school.

:crying:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Jumuaa Mabrouk everyone and Happy TGIF Friday!

Hey did Charles leave yet? Hmmm i hope he doing well and with soon be with Nessa...VISA is hand soon!!!! :D

Another day in DZ for me... starting to get boring here.And I feel like I want to sleep 24/7. Not sure cod of fasting or cos of DZ... I never felt this way before when I fasted.

Last night got invited to break fast with my husband's half brother's family. WOW...what a surprised...their home was like a palace...so so fancy. :blush: They greeted me with open arms...but haha I got my ease a bit... cos I saw that the girl who at my wedding was giving me the evil eye big time was there. I found out she is the second of my husband's cousin's...Hmmm... And I was feeling like I was not good enough. Ha I donnot feel so bad now.

The women were telling why I donnot get my husband to move quickly or buy this thing and thing to make the home beautiful. I felt before the home was simple and quite... unfortunately not modern but ok... no complaints...but after hearing their words I felt sick. Unfortunately the shaitaan started to creep into my head telling me the home sucks... and well it kinda does after seeing the homes of my husband's family. But anyway I complain not, since I am alone in it... I am doing what I like and when I like...and most important I am with my husband so.... I will manage.

Yesterday, my husband told me to bake something to bring to his half brother's... Well I thought I did very well, baking a rather large custard tart. I thought it was very good considering I am not materials such as pans and other tools that I would normally use in the US. I had flour, eggs, sugar and a frying pan that I was able to put in the oven. My husband came home and made the all so not nice comment, "That's what you made?" He almost brought me to tears.I mean normally I have such thick skin, but come on... since I have gotten here ...he has made NO nice or encouraging comments on my cooking. Which for me, is too important as I pride myself in the foods I prepare. I took the tart and put in the pantry, saying yes it is not so good and told him to just buy one. Then if that was not bad enough he started to ask what about all those things you showed me you made when you were in the US. I could not even speak after that, I just said... things work differently there then here.After that I did my best to just ignore him and act like I was busy....

Even today, I said barely 2 words to him. He did not speak to me in the morning which, also surprised me..he normally is so cheery and loving and funny... I am using the excuse he is fasting and is probably is not in a good mood cos of that. Later he started and kept asking what was wrong. I merely said nothing.

Today, has been a drag as I did all the home works like cleaning the rooms and courtyard so quickly... I am just waiting now until 2 or 3pm to start cooking our meal. Ufff it is so boring. He went to Jumuaa and I hope he is gone for while and realises what he did. :(

Timeline

Hey did Charles leave yet? Hmmm i hope he doing well and with soon be with Nessa...VISA is hand soon!!!! :D

Another day in DZ for me... starting to get boring here.And I feel like I want to sleep 24/7. Not sure cod of fasting or cos of DZ... I never felt this way before when I fasted.

Last night got invited to break fast with my husband's half brother's family. WOW...what a surprised...their home was like a palace...so so fancy. :blush: They greeted me with open arms...but haha I got my ease a bit... cos I saw that the girl who at my wedding was giving me the evil eye big time was there. I found out she is the second of my husband's cousin's...Hmmm... And I was feeling like I was not good enough. Ha I donnot feel so bad now.

The women were telling why I donnot get my husband to move quickly or buy this thing and thing to make the home beautiful. I felt before the home was simple and quite... unfortunately not modern but ok... no complaints...but after hearing their words I felt sick. Unfortunately the shaitaan started to creep into my head telling me the home sucks... and well it kinda does after seeing the homes of my husband's family. But anyway I complain not, since I am alone in it... I am doing what I like and when I like...and most important I am with my husband so.... I will manage.

Yesterday, my husband told me to bake something to bring to his half brother's... Well I thought I did very well, baking a rather large custard tart. I thought it was very good considering I am not materials such as pans and other tools that I would normally use in the US. I had flour, eggs, sugar and a frying pan that I was able to put in the oven. My husband came home and made the all so not nice comment, "That's what you made?" He almost brought me to tears.I mean normally I have such thick skin, but come on... since I have gotten here ...he has made NO nice or encouraging comments on my cooking. Which for me, is too important as I pride myself in the foods I prepare. I took the tart and put in the pantry, saying yes it is not so good and told him to just buy one. Then if that was not bad enough he started to ask what about all those things you showed me you made when you were in the US. I could not even speak after that, I just said... things work differently there then here.After that I did my best to just ignore him and act like I was busy....

Even today, I said barely 2 words to him. He did not speak to me in the morning which, also surprised me..he normally is so cheery and loving and funny... I am using the excuse he is fasting and is probably is not in a good mood cos of that. Later he started and kept asking what was wrong. I merely said nothing.

Today, has been a drag as I did all the home works like cleaning the rooms and courtyard so quickly... I am just waiting now until 2 or 3pm to start cooking our meal. Ufff it is so boring. He went to Jumuaa and I hope he is gone for while and realises what he did. :(

AWWWWWW

(((((hugs)))))))

You know that is a BIG fear of mine for when I go to Cairo in December. I pride myself on my cooking as well and think that I am pretty darn good at it but I'm sooooooooooooo scared that the flat we will be in won't have the proper tools that I am used to, so I am definitely bringing some of my things that I cannot do without with me like my garlic mincer, my juicer thingy (it's small but I love it), some of the spices that I love like Adobo and Emeril's Bayou blast, etc. Trust me if I thought I could get away with bringing my food processer I would!!!!

I hope that you guys make up soon and if he does not know what he did by the time he gets home maybe you could gently tell him? They can't read our minds, unfortunately, as much as we think they can.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

Awww I'm sorry to hear that, Henia.

When I was in Egypt I would get EXTREMELY bored. Sometimes I wouldn't leave the house for days and I'd get kinda down about it. I feel you about the shaytan thing. He whispers to me all the time about what my husband SHOULD do for me or so I think. That he should do this or that and do for me what other Egyptians do for their Egyptian wives. Then I think well I must not be good enough because I'm not Egyptian. That's such an issue for me. I can't seem to get over it. Has anyone else felt that way?

On that note...

Happy Friday..Jumaa Mubarak!

AWWWWWW

(((((hugs)))))))

You know that is a BIG fear of mine for when I go to Cairo in December. I pride myself on my cooking as well and think that I am pretty darn good at it but I'm sooooooooooooo scared that the flat we will be in won't have the proper tools that I am used to, so I am definitely bringing some of my things that I cannot do without with me like my garlic mincer, my juicer thingy (it's small but I love it), some of the spices that I love like Adobo and Emeril's Bayou blast, etc. Trust me if I thought I could get away with bringing my food processer I would!!!!

I hope that you guys make up soon and if he does not know what he did by the time he gets home maybe you could gently tell him? They can't read our minds, unfortunately, as much as we think they can.

I don't know if your SO likes to mess in the kitchen, but I was terrified to attempt cooking with ingredients/utensils that we utterly alien to me, so Moh and I would sit and think of some new dish out of thin air, go get the ingredients, and then settle into the kitchen together and start cooking. We made some great dishes that way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Henia wow girl it sounds just like my husband. Whenever I make something (he's now been here for 9+ months and we've spent close to 3 months together while he was still in Morocco) that is not Moroccan or does not look familiar to him he says "What is that?? It looks bad." Everyone has always complimented me on what a great cook I am so it is really discouraging for me. It gets a bit frustrating to because he isn't really open to trying new things. I think my biggest dissapointment came when I made homemade ravioli's, pasta and sauce, with garlic bread and a salad the whole works. I am really good at this but he insisted the ravioli's weren't cooked, I didn't use enough meat in the sauce and only would eat the garlic bread. I don't understand why he does this but it sounds like our husbands have the same attitude towards food. Or maybe there is just a crabby bug 'cus Youssef was super crabby yesterday too. He had to help his friend and so he wasn't home for iftar, but our mosque had organized an iftar dinner at a local restaurant and I still wanted to go - so I went with our son and had a great time. When I went to pick him up he was asking a million questions and I got the impression he didn't approve of me going without him. The thing is he didn't want to go in the first place! Even if he would have been home he said he "likes to do iftar at home" well I think it was nice being able to talk to and see everyone else - it really makes me feel good and cheers me up but it seems he always finds some way of bringing me down. So it was the first time he had seen our son in a week (he was gone when Mikhail came home) and he barely said 2 words to him or to me all night!!! I was so upset. Then he was sick at night and couldn't sleep so he's in bed right now. *sigh* Crabby bug I swear!

So I'm not sure if I'll be fasting today or not because I'm getting a migraine but we'll see. I have some homework to wrap up this morning and we're going to see a new apartment this afternoon after prayers. Happy Friday everyone!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline
That he should do this or that and do for me what other Egyptians do for their Egyptian wives. Then I think well I must not be good enough because I'm not Egyptian. That's such an issue for me. I can't seem to get over it. Has anyone else felt that way?
Yes I am feeling like that also at times, especially when the women around me are telling O your husband is not kind with you, you should tell him to buy this and this for you.. I actually asked him to buy a robocoupe (food processor) but he rather buy everything we need for the home, after we made our decision to live in Algerie or in the US. I mean, for myself I am so not used not having various things. I did not have much as a child, so as an adult I figured I worked enough to be able to have a food processor, pans and other nice things. Do not get me wrong I am NOT complaining... just it hurt me so much MY HUSBAND would actually complain to ME about me not making an elaborate cake when he knows he has like nothing to work in the kitchen. He was living alone before, I think not really cooking anything since I saw only 1 of everything... 1 cup, 1 plate, 1 set of sliverware and about 2 pans. We recieved many glass sets, tea and coffee sets and some pots at our wedding, but still not what I am used to using. I am used to have bowls, plates, pots, pans...and of course several different spices and food ingredients.

And also it makes me upset that everytime I ask what he likes, he says I donnow.You make it, and if it looks good to me I will eat it, and if does not look good then I won't. Snaaaaaaaaaps I donnot like that from him at all. :angry: This seems to be the first annoying and fight worthy thing in our marriage so far.

And also has anyone else ever noticed how men, SOs (mostly I am talking about mine) seem to sleep all day (when they donnot have to work) only waking up to pray and to eat. Aaaaaaaand yet they are always complaining of being tired?!?! Well I would be tired too, if i slept 21/22 hours out of 24 daily!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I am blabbing off now ... I have headache, I am so bored and annoyed at this point. :huh: When will he wake up and when will it be maghreb alreaaaaaady?

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Ohhh Henia (F)(F)(F) please don't feel down. I thought your tart sounded lovely, and I'm sure everyone would find it delicious. In fact everything you describe cooking sounds great !

It seems your husband had some other idea in mind... he was too blunt in his reaction, but I am sure he never meant to hurt you so deeply. Anyways next time you might just go ahead and ask him what sort of thing he would like you to make...

Insha'allah you will be feeling much better soon. :luv:

(F)(F)(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline
Henia wow girl it sounds just like my husband. Whenever I make something (he's now been here for 9+ months and we've spent close to 3 months together while he was still in Morocco) that is not Moroccan or does not look familiar to him he says "What is that?? It looks bad." Everyone has always complimented me on what a great cook I am so it is really discouraging for me. It gets a bit frustrating to because he isn't really open to trying new things. I think my biggest dissapointment came when I made homemade ravioli's, pasta and sauce, with garlic bread and a salad the whole works. I am really good at this but he insisted the ravioli's weren't cooked, I didn't use enough meat in the sauce and only would eat the garlic bread. I don't understand why he does this but it sounds like our husbands have the same attitude towards food. Or maybe there is just a crabby bug 'cus Youssef was super crabby yesterday too. He had to help his friend and so he wasn't home for iftar, but our mosque had organized an iftar dinner at a local restaurant and I still wanted to go - so I went with our son and had a great time. When I went to pick him up he was asking a million questions and I got the impression he didn't approve of me going without him. The thing is he didn't want to go in the first place! Even if he would have been home he said he "likes to do iftar at home" well I think it was nice being able to talk to and see everyone else - it really makes me feel good and cheers me up but it seems he always finds some way of bringing me down. So it was the first time he had seen our son in a week (he was gone when Mikhail came home) and he barely said 2 words to him or to me all night!!! I was so upset. Then he was sick at night and couldn't sleep so he's in bed right now. *sigh* Crabby bug I swear!

So I'm not sure if I'll be fasting today or not because I'm getting a migraine but we'll see. I have some homework to wrap up this morning and we're going to see a new apartment this afternoon after prayers. Happy Friday everyone!

Yes Amera, my husband complained to me on the same thing... O this was cooked enough O that was not cooked enough. I told him, well only here in Algerie people eat all their food mushy like baby food... elsewhere not. He did not find that funny at all.

Well we have been Ramadan almost a week, so I think we are at that point where headaches, migraines and bad moods start to set in, so I am trying my best inchallah to be good...but it is not easy at all!

Another thing, that is bothering me, I was invited by a American women living here Algerie with her husband to a meeting with other foreign women living here. I was happy, giddy really to have found this group and been invited. My husband is usually so flexible and i do as i please...but in this case he told me I could not go. I could not believe it. Why? Why not to go? He said cos usually these type of meeting are for gossiping and doing troubles. I said no, I think this women is nice one. Then he started to tell how to get there, as he will be working... he cannot find me a ride, etc... and then said, WELL donnot think you will be going on the bus... cos after last time, i forbid you. You cannot speak well enough to manage yourself. I rolled my eyes on this one... I thought I managed just fine before. And that is besides the point, since the women offered to pick me up with her car. Anyway he thinks this topic is closed, but wait until he wakes up.... I am going to remind him that I went through the stupid wedding that lasted for days, I went to all the dinners and tea parties he wanted me to go... and without any complain or word ... I listened silently with a smile all the BS the women were talking about (thinking I could not understand)... so hmmm I think it is time I do something I would like to do. :yes:

Oh God, yes...my husband sleeps ALL day during Ramadan. I told him it's cheating. He doesn't sleep until after fagr and doesn't wake up until right before maghrib. I told him he will not be doing that here. He loves to sleep. When I was there he would nap in the afternoon as if he did something so exhausting. Sometimes it would make me so angry. I didn't mind sitting with my sisters and mother but I didn't want him to be so lazy. That bothered me a lot.

Timeline
Oh God, yes...my husband sleeps ALL day during Ramadan. I told him it's cheating. He doesn't sleep until after fagr and doesn't wake up until right before maghrib. I told him he will not be doing that here. He loves to sleep. When I was there he would nap in the afternoon as if he did something so exhausting. Sometimes it would make me so angry. I didn't mind sitting with my sisters and mother but I didn't want him to be so lazy. That bothered me a lot.
Does your husband do like mine Kara... after ALL that sleeping wake before maghreb, then from that time until we come back from Tarawee and drink some tea and sweets, complain I am tired, I did not sleep enough!

&&^*&^T&*%#*(&%)*_)W(& O snaaaaps man, you slept waaaaaaaay more then me!

And LOL has the nerve to say... O there seems to be not enough time to read all I want from the Qurán... then what did you do all day? :huh:

Timeline

Oh boy. Usama works at night so I know he'll be sleeping most of the day too. I hate it when people are sleeping and I'm awake so hopefully jetlag will make me go on his schedule.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

The man is ALWAYS tired it seems. I would feel tired too if all I did was sleep. Actually when I do sleep a lot I feel more lazy and tired.

It seems we're all having our disagreements with our SO's at the same time, lol. Last night I was talking to Mohamed while I was eating mamoul. He asked what I was eating and I told him. He started on me about how it's not useful food and that I must eat something useful that will make me have a strong body. I told him I had eaten my dinner and this was just something afterward and besides I'm not a child..I know what's good and bad for me. He told me my body was weak. I told him..well I had TWO children NATURALLY without drugs or surgery..my body is strong enough for that! He had to mention his sister who just had a baby. She had a C section but he commented about how her doctor told her how strong her body is. I'm thinking..well GOODY for her. Then he asked..how long ago did you have your last baby? He knows but he wanted me to say it. I said, nearly 9 yrs. He said, well your body is different now and 9 yrs is a long time. I was INSULTED! I said, oh I'm sorry I'm not as "strong" as Egyptian women like your sister. Maybe you should've married one of them instead of marrying a weak bodied woman like me. I said, No, instead you married a woman who could turn into jelly at any moment from her "weak" body. He just laughed and said..I love you so much..I love when you get angry about nothing. Haha funny..I wasn't amused.

You may stay on a similar schedule as you are on now only on Egypt time. Like when I'm there I go to bed after fagr which is around 5am or so..10pm EST. That's kinda my normal bed time here. I would wake up at 1pm Egypt time which is about 6am EST. About the same time I wake up here. So I didn't really suffer from jet lag. I did seem kinda out of it though for a day.

Oh boy. Usama works at night so I know he'll be sleeping most of the day too. I hate it when people are sleeping and I'm awake so hopefully jetlag will make me go on his schedule.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.