nathmc31

I601 waiver approved

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline
hello everyone. I have been on this site on and off for 6 months now.

Any way I had to file a I601 waiver at the Sydney consulate due to 2 Assault conviction 6 years ago.

People can you belive that it only took 6.3 weeks to be approved.

all I submitted was a 4 page hardship letter that my USC fiance and I compiled and 2 character references for myself. Thats it.

I am suprised as you all are, and very extatic as well.

All this nonsense that you will read on this and other forums about Bangkok being impossible to be approved by, is false They are awsome.

I know that I am going on but WOW I am so happy.

I will happily answer all questions and provide a copy of my hardship letter if requested.

nathmc31

Hi,

Congratulations on all your hard work and I am now on the same process however I am sooo nervous about my fiance interview and we need to file an I601.

I would appreciate if you could post or send me a some info for the hardship explanation letter.

Thanks,

mo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Any way I had to file a I601 waiver at the Sydney consulate due to 2 Assault conviction 6 years ago.

all I submitted was a 4 page hardship letter that my USC fiance and I compiled and 2 character references for myself. Thats it.

All this nonsense that you will read on this and other forums about Bangkok being impossible to be approved by, is false They are awsome.

I will happily answer all questions and provide a copy of my hardship letter if requested.

nathmc31

Hi,

Congratulations on all your hard work and I am now on the same process however I am sooo nervous about my fiance interview and we need to file an I601.

I would appreciate if you could post or send me a some info for the hardship explanation letter.

Thanks,

mo

Mo, this post is from last October. I would suggest reading attorney Laurel Scott's 601 memo on www.visacentral.net as well as the examples and guidance on immigrate2us.net. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

congratulations.... I am very happy to hear this as I am also going through Bangkok. Fiance has 2 convictions that are also quite recent, 2002 and 1997. My lawyer says my case (hardship) is very strong so I am hopeful.

Shannon 명철

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'd like to see your letter please.

I'll pm you

thanks

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Timeline
I'd like to see your letter please.

I'll pm you

thanks

The post is from last September. - he's probably not even active on this site anymore.

Try www.immigrate2us.net or www. family based immigration. com (all one word) for sample letters and guidelines.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks kit

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Timeline
Congratulations to you I'm on the same boat as you. If you can provide me your letter of extereme hardship I will apprreciate it . Thank you very much.

One more time - this post is from last September. Chances are good he no longer frequents this site.

Try www.immigrate2us.net or www.**removed due to TOS** (all one word)

• 4 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

that is great news :star:

we were recently knocked back for me to immigrate to the US on K1 for an offense of shoplifting not on my criminal record but admitted to at time of interveiw. my conviction was 15 years ago

your news gives me hope a) that i will be approved since it was so long ago

b) that it wont take 6 long months of more agonising seperation

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

that is great news :star:

we were recently knocked back for me to immigrate to the US on K1 for an offense of shoplifting not on my criminal record but admitted to at time of interveiw. my conviction was 15 years ago

your news gives me hope a) that i will be approved since it was so long ago

b) that it wont take 6 long months of more agonising seperation

Hi jodanze,

This OP was approved back in 2006. Processing time for the I601 is currently 6-9 mos. but some are adjudicated faster depending on the embassy, and if they have an approved expedite. If the US lock-box filing goes into effect, the USCIS predicts it will possibly speed things up. I don't know where you are in the process but if you want to learn more about waivers I recommend you join immigrate2us.net. Geared mostly toward people needing waivers, lots of good tips. Good luck!

Married Sept.3,2010

02/11/2011: I130 Sent

02/21/2011: NOA1

06/22/2011: NOA2

06/30/2011: NVC

07/05/2011: DS-3032 email received

07/05/2011: DS-3032 emailed

07/06/2011: AOS Bill received

07/06/2011: AOS Fee Paid

07/09/2011: I864 Sent

07/11/2011: IV Fee Bill received

08/30/2011: IV Fee Paid

09/30/2011: IV Pkg Sent

10/24/2011: RFE (we dragged our feet from here on)

(forget all this for now, let's go on holiday!)

03/13/2012: NVC CASE COMPLETE!!

04/05/2012: Received interview appt email

06/22/2012: Medical @ Knightsbridge

06/29/2012: Interview 8am-Result: Pending

??/??/????: I601 Filed at Lock-Box

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

nathmc31

congrats :dance:

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I have read several times on this forum that bangkok is impossible and rarley approve I 601's. I am lucky that mine came so quickly yes, but mine like so many others get approved because the department of homeland security just want the revenue that it raises. There is even a link to that on WWW.USCIS.GOV.Out of the few people that talk of there approvals on this forum there is 50 more that get approved.So the impossible ####### about bangkok is BS

Congrats!!

Btw, how difficult a consulate is often depends more on your country of citizenship than the consulate itself.

Filed: Timeline

nathmc31

Hi, I would like to know if u can tell me the steps applying for this waiver and a copy of your hardship.

Pls send me a copy odd your hardship to my email melly_sutanto@yahoo.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.