rebeccajo

First time for everything

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
.... have none of your congressmen or senators been able to do anything at all???

i hope that things work out for you and wes VERY soon!

That sucks!

Have you contact the senator's office again to see if they can light a fire under someone's ### or is it the same "all you can do is wait" #######?

Senator Byrd's office says they will be happy to inquire again but they have no power to resolve any issues.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

*SIGH*

So sorry to hear this. When I think I'm frustrated I remember what you and Wes are going through. I just hope something breaks soon. *HUGS*

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We are coming up on 18 months of wallowing around in this ####### they call 'legal immigration'.

<koff>ConsularProcessing<koff>

I'm sorry sweetie. I wonder if these things just get 'stuck' sometimes. Like, what would a new application do?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

That stinks.

Ditto... USCIS should implement a fee waiver for this sort of #######!!! They should benefit monetarily if the beneficiary is cleared.

Edited by Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

That does really stink, Bec, and hope it all gets straightened out soon. (F) Bad thing is, with the way your luck is going Wes will be offered a great job soon and will then have an EAD problem if it's not current!

What's next? Fingerprints expired and it's time for those again? :o

Breathe deeply.....breathe deeply....

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

That does really stink, Bec, and hope it all gets straightened out soon. (F) Bad thing is, with the way your luck is going Wes will be offered a great job soon and will then have an EAD problem if it's not current!

What's next? Fingerprints expired and it's time for those again? :o

Breathe deeply.....breathe deeply....

I hear ya on the luck issue!!

And I actually think that a fingerprint expiration is the only way this will get resolved. I've watched this issue for several months now and it almost always seems that the older cases don't get resolved until a new set of prints are taken.....

You know what I think I will do? If I can find one of those new laughing Elmos, I'm thinking of mailing one to USCIS with a tag around his neck........"you want HOW much more money from me to make me a LEGAL immigrant?".

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I hear ya on the luck issue!!

And I actually think that a fingerprint expiration is the only way this will get resolved. I've watched this issue for several months now and it almost always seems that the older cases don't get resolved until a new set of prints are taken.....

You know what I think I will do? If I can find one of those new laughing Elmos, I'm thinking of mailing one to USCIS with a tag around his neck........"you want HOW much more money from me to make me a LEGAL immigrant?".

:lol:

You got the right attitude, girl...if you don't laugh you gotta cry! Hang in there. :luv:

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I'm going to go against the grain on this one. I don’t find the PDF they send you at all out of line, if you look at it from their side it’s completely understandable.

I distinctly remember after 9-11 how several of the high jackers received either visa's or resident paper work that was APPROVED. Would you have liked the INS to have done their homework more on the 19 high jackers that were in the USA? I sure would have.

I know you know your husband isn't a terrorist, but if his name matches closely to a name on a list somewhere, then they are going to investigate until they are satisfied. They have to balance granting permission vs national security, surely not an easy thing to do. You must realize that Northern Ireland is considered a potential terrorist location, not directed at the USA (yet) but alas we are Britain’s closest ally.

You are together, so enjoy your life together and don't let the USCIS get you down. I know spending $180 dollars sucks, but if 1% of AOS adjusters have to spend an extra $180 dollars to allow our government more time to research each application in detail then that's what's going to have to happen. Every poster on this board would be pissed as hell if the USCIS approved another high jacker. We'd all be calling for heads to roll and looking for someone to blame for letting them in.

I get really steamed at the airport when people complain about having to take their shoes off. Last time I flew to Europe some lady was giving the officer lots of grief because they required the woman's elderly mother to remove her shoes. While I felt for the old woman I looked directly at the officer and thanked him. "Thank you for taking your job seriously, if you'll hold the rules to a nice elderly lady then I can rest assured no ones getting on my plane with their shoes unchecked.”

I'm sorry your application is being held up, but everyone has been affected one way or another since 9/11. Some of us just our shoes. Some have had trouble even getting on board an airplane including a US Senator that was on the "Do Not Fly List", to those of us going through immigration.

Cherish being together with your loved one, ignore the problems you can't control. Hope and pray our government is doing the best they can each day to check on each person entering or in the USA.

I-129F

11-28-05 Petition Sent

11-29 Arrived at Nebraska

12-02 Check Cashed - LIN Receipt # On Check :-)

12-02 NOA1 via internet

12-05 NOA1 snail mail

12-13 NOA2 via internet (day 14)

12-16 Email: Petition Forward to Dept. Of State

12-17 NOA2 snail mail

02-22-06 Interview passed, K1 Visa approved.

02-24 Visa arrived

04-14 Arrive in America.. SHE'S HERE!

07-07 Married :-)

AOS, EAD, AP

07-14-06 Sent all 3

07-16 Delivery Confirmed (NOA's dated 07-16)

07-24 3 NOA's in the mail box. (MSC #s not online for a long time!)

07-29 Biometrics letter

08-08 Biometrics Complete.

08-28 RFE Sent For I-485??? (Sigh, this is what it takes to get your MSC # online?)

08-31 RFE Snail Mail, Missing Tax Info (which was sent the first time!)

08-31 RFE Sent back

09-08 RFE rcvd at MSC email update

09-11 Touched I-485

09-13 Touched I-485

09-21 Rcvd AOS appt letter

10-18 Sent 'Status Inquiry' snail mail about EAD/AP not online and not approved.

10-28 AP/EAD FINALLY show online... 106 days. Not complete!

10-28 AP/EAD/AOS touched.

10-31 AP/EAD/AOS touched

11-03 11-07 11-11 and 11-13 EAD touched.

11-15 Day 123 (Day 68 since the RFE) EAD approved 11-14 email! AP still waiting.

11-16 10 AM Aos approved, 2 weeks to the green card we hope!

11-16 2PM EAD card in the mail.

11-17 Email "Welcome letter"

11-20 Welcome letter in Mail

11-27 Another "Welcome" email dated 11-27, changed from 11-17

11-29-06 GC in Mail, Were done for 1.75 years!

Hey 'Becca. I'm sorry that you've gotten more bad news... Last thing you really need to be dealing with right now. You have every right to to be royally peeved... I truly hope that some peace is in store for you. Perhaps with the sale of your house????

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I'm going to go against the grain on this one. I don’t find the PDF they send you at all out of line, if you look at it from their side it’s completely understandable.

I distinctly remember after 9-11 how several of the high jackers received either visa's or resident paper work that was APPROVED. Would you have liked the INS to have done their homework more on the 19 high jackers that were in the USA? I sure would have.

I know you know your husband isn't a terrorist, but if his name matches closely to a name on a list somewhere, then they are going to investigate until they are satisfied. They have to balance granting permission vs national security, surely not an easy thing to do. You must realize that Northern Ireland is considered a potential terrorist location, not directed at the USA (yet) but alas we are Britain’s closest ally.

You are together, so enjoy your life together and don't let the USCIS get you down. I know spending $180 dollars sucks, but if 1% of AOS adjusters have to spend an extra $180 dollars to allow our government more time to research each application in detail then that's what's going to have to happen. Every poster on this board would be pissed as hell if the USCIS approved another high jacker. We'd all be calling for heads to roll and looking for someone to blame for letting them in.

I get really steamed at the airport when people complain about having to take their shoes off. Last time I flew to Europe some lady was giving the officer lots of grief because they required the woman's elderly mother to remove her shoes. While I felt for the old woman I looked directly at the officer and thanked him. "Thank you for taking your job seriously, if you'll hold the rules to a nice elderly lady then I can rest assured no ones getting on my plane with their shoes unchecked.”

I'm sorry your application is being held up, but everyone has been affected one way or another since 9/11. Some of us just our shoes. Some have had trouble even getting on board an airplane including a US Senator that was on the "Do Not Fly List", to those of us going through immigration.

Cherish being together with your loved one, ignore the problems you can't control. Hope and pray our government is doing the best they can each day to check on each person entering or in the USA.

I'm not going to flame you. I am going to give you a reality check however.

Try explaining to all your friends why - after you've been here for a YEAR and your interview was 6 months ago - that the FBI hasn't issued your security clearance yet. ESPECIALLY when you are from Northern Ireland - as you so politely reminded me. Think that doesn't raise eyebrows? My husband lived in one city his entire life, at a total of two addresses. His background shouldn't be hard to check - especially amongst two modern technologically literate nations.

Try being an IT professional living in a town where the best IT jobs are with the US government - who won't hire you unless you are a citizen. And the citizenship clock doesn't start ticking until your AOS is done.

Try doing something simple like being the man of the house and wanting your income to be counted on a mortgage application, but nobody will do it because you don't have your greencard.

Then last but not least - pretend you are the USC spouse of a person whose clearance isn't done yet. Try consoling them when they have those occasional wonderings of whether or not your government might come and take them away because they have confused his or her identity with someone elses.

More to this than meets the eye, bly.

Edited by rebeccajo

Oh...

The FBI has not one, but TWELVE separate databases that they sift through. TWELVE databases that they have TWICE spent millions of taxpayer dollars trying unsuccessfully to link together.

They store paper records in 263 different locations. Not the least of which is 'the cave' in Missouri where records since Ellis Island are stored.

The CIS Ombudsman himself has said that undue delays in namechecks actually HINDERS national security as it leaves any terrorist in the country TOO LONG before he is found and deported.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That's a load of #######. How long is long enough? Six months? A year? Two years? I'll bet this case hasn't seen the light of day in a long time. Long past time for someone to get off their butt and make a decision.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

You are together, so enjoy your life together and don't let the USCIS get you down.....

Cherish being together with your loved one, ignore the problems you can't control.....

The more I think about this type of comment - this type of thinking - well the more amazed I become at how absolutely ignorant you must be to subscribe to this line of thinking.

'Being together' isn't the be-all-and-end-all of 'cherishing' your immigrant loved one. In fact it's only a small part of it. Truly taking care of that person is making sure that they are in this country legally, free of reprisal and in possession of all their appropriate documents.

TWICE during my husband's visa process I was admonished to do this very thing. The first time was at the adjudicator's window in the London consulate, wherein I was reminded to make certain that once we were married, I adjusted his status. The second time was at the port of entry in Dublin, where the CBP officer who processed the K1 packet repeated those instructions to me again.

The instructions were given to ME. It is MY responsibility as an American citizen to make sure that my immigrant husband has been fully documented and that we have complied with the law. It doesn't behoove me to sit on my fanny and 'ignore the problems I can't control'.

Romance, flowers, candlelight and 'being together' won't help your spouse if have fallen short of your responsibility to them. It's because I do love him and want us to be together that I will continue to pursue this. It might be out of my control, but I will fully document that it was not ME or US that failed on our end to comply with the law.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Rebecca, Wes is a very lucky man to have you in his corner. Together, you will get through it all and will come out stronger.

(F)

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.