Ryan H

NVC Filers - January 2012

1,078 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

IV fee status changed to "paid" :)

We're ready for the last part now! Sending the packages asap.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Go go go! Update us when the packages are in the mail :)

Our electronic optin was accepted in less than a day. Still waiting for fees to be invoiced...and it strikes me as funny that they won't LET me pay them over $400! :P

Wow, one day! I had to wait 16 days for mine!

And don't worry, the AOS fee should be invoiced soon. And yes, it's kind of ironic that NVC won't let you give them $404 right away laughing.gif

Wow, one day! I had to wait 16 days for mine!

Yeah, I was pretty surprised by that...at least I think this was the opt-in acceptance: Dear Sir/Madam: This case is now enrolled in the Electronic Processing Program...etc.

I woke up to two of the emails, actually, sent within a minute of each other. One responding to the first, incorrect case number I sent, but correcting it for me (the operator gave me the year 2011 instead of 2012), and then another for the corrected email I sent them.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised by that...at least I think this was the opt-in acceptance: Dear Sir/Madam: This case is now enrolled in the Electronic Processing Program...etc.

I woke up to two of the emails, actually, sent within a minute of each other. One responding to the first, incorrect case number I sent, but correcting it for me (the operator gave me the year 2011 instead of 2012), and then another for the corrected email I sent them.

Yup, that's the acceptance email :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

NVC is moving super fast!! My IV bill chanaged to paid also. I jumped the gun and mailed the package yesterday :whistle:

Now its time to sit back and wait on CC!!

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My IV bill shows PAID this morning!

I'm almost ready to send in my two packets.

Waiting for a letter from the bank in Japan showing my account information for the past year. I should have that near the beginning of next week and then the AOS packet will be sent.

For the IV, I'm waiting for a letter from the city office showing some info that my wife couldn't remember exactly for the IV application. That should be here by Monday at the latest, and then the IV packet will be sent.

I mailed the application for a PCC from the UK yesterday. I'm going to submit without it. It's not definite whether they will ask for it since her time there falls between 6 and 12 months. If I get a checklist, I figure I can mail it as soon as I have the certificate, which means I really will have wasted no time. Probably faster that way since they will have already gone through the rest of the packet and (hopefully) approved everything. If I get a checklist, I will also see if it's possible to bring it to the interview and not send it to NVC, although I'm sure you're all thinking "Good luck!" sarcastically about my chances of getting that done.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have a question:

Can I send a scanned copy of our marriage certificate and his birth certificate? We sent the original marriage certificate with the I-130

We are preparing our IV p

acket......so nerveracking!!

How have people been binding all these documents? I'm reluctant to punch holes in the birth certificate, marriage certificate etc.... Are y'all writing the case number on the originals somewhere too?

I have a question:

Can I send a scanned copy of our marriage certificate and his birth certificate? We sent the original marriage certificate with the I-130

We are preparing our IV p

acket......so nerveracking!!

You were supposed to send a copy of certificates to USCIS. It said so in the instructions.

You're going to have to get certified copies then because NVC requires originals or certified copies of the marriage and birth certificates.

How have people been binding all these documents? I'm reluctant to punch holes in the birth certificate, marriage certificate etc.... Are y'all writing the case number on the originals somewhere too?

Just paper clip them together. Do not punch holes. And yes, it's suggested to write the case number on the top right of all pages of each package (except the bar code cover sheet and the cover letter). If you don't want to write in pen, you can always use pencil. Or even write the case number on a post-it note and attach one to each page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.