w1331

N-400 in line for interview, no biometrics. Normal?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi,

I applied for N-400 early Nov'11. My NOA receipt date is Nov 14. I placed a service request for my biometrics appointment on Dec 15, but I still haven't heard anything back from USCIS about my biometrics appointment. Few days ago, I checked the case status of my N-400 from USCIS.com and it said that my N-400 was placed in line for interview scheduling.

Is it normal that I never receive my biometrics appointment, but already in line for N-400 interview scheduling?

I called USCIS today and was told that I needed to call back next week to put a service request regarding my biometrics. Do I need to do that?

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am in the same situation. I filed on October 19 and because I did not receive a biometrics appointment, a service request was sent. Today I got an email/text that my interview was scheduled, so i'm guessing that depending on how long ago it was done for green card purposes affects if it is again needed for N400. not sure tho.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is possible that they will do your biometrics the day of the interview if they are done in the same facility, or they will arrange for the biometrics and make a decision afterwards. A third possibility is if you did biometrics for your Removal of Conditoins within the 15 month period before the scheduled interview date, then the biometrics you did for ROC would still be valid and they may be re-using those. Biometrics are valid for 15 months generally. I have heard of this happening for others, although it isn't common.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

It is possible that they will do your biometrics the day of the interview if they are done in the same facility, or they will arrange for the biometrics and make a decision afterwards. A third possibility is if you did biometrics for your Removal of Conditoins within the 15 month period before the scheduled interview date, then the biometrics you did for ROC would still be valid and they may be re-using those. Biometrics are valid for 15 months generally. I have heard of this happening for others, although it isn't common.

I actually did my biometrics for my ROC about 12-13 months ago.

Timeline

I actually did my biometrics for my ROC about 12-13 months ago.

So that would make them still well within their valid time frame by the time you get the interview. If it appears that the interview won't be scheduled within the next month or so, then you might still get a notification for Biometrics, but I suspect they will be referring to the ones you just did.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Difficult to say what is normal since they are now taking certificate photos at biometrics this year. But maybe this depends on your field office, still want you to include two passport type photos. 80 some odd field offices, each with a different protocol. Have to wait and see what happens.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Difficult to say what is normal since they are now taking certificate photos at biometrics this year. But maybe this depends on your field office, still want you to include two passport type photos. 80 some odd field offices, each with a different protocol. Have to wait and see what happens.

all i know is...the picture they took at my FP appt...i look like americas most wanted and same to the one i mailed with me N400. :devil:

there is just somthing about the pasport pictures.oh well

11/12/11.....N400 send to Nebraska service center

11/14/11.....N400 delivered to NE

11/21/11.....Check cashed

11/23/11......NOA recived in the mail(priority date nov 14)(notice date nov 21)..(you will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office.you should expect to be notified withing 90 days of this notice)

12/13/11......got text and email about biometric letter being send out

12/17/11.......got biometric letter in the mail(appointment date dec 28th)

12/19/11.....did early walk in FP

12/22/11.......got email and text about being placed in line for interview scheduling

01/30/12.......got email from my IO were i was asked to pick my own interview date and send email back with the date i picked

02/06/12......got INETRVIEW email with appointment letter(have to print that out and bring with me on the interview day)

02/28/12.......INTERVIEW with oath on the same day(as long i pass the test afcorse.)

I AM US CITIZEN

Timeline

all i know is...the picture they took at my FP appt...i look like americas most wanted and same to the one i mailed with me N400. :devil:

there is just somthing about the pasport pictures.oh well

I am convinced that if that photo looks at all good, they would make you go back and re-do it until you look bad, hehehe :lol:

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I applied for n400 but still have not received my biometrics , it's been already more than 30 days since I received my receipt number, but I did took my finger prints about 12 months ago for removal of conditions on my green card,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

the picture taht was used for my naturalization certificate was the one i send in with my N400.which that one was little better then the one that was taking during my biometrics

11/12/11.....N400 send to Nebraska service center

11/14/11.....N400 delivered to NE

11/21/11.....Check cashed

11/23/11......NOA recived in the mail(priority date nov 14)(notice date nov 21)..(you will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office.you should expect to be notified withing 90 days of this notice)

12/13/11......got text and email about biometric letter being send out

12/17/11.......got biometric letter in the mail(appointment date dec 28th)

12/19/11.....did early walk in FP

12/22/11.......got email and text about being placed in line for interview scheduling

01/30/12.......got email from my IO were i was asked to pick my own interview date and send email back with the date i picked

02/06/12......got INETRVIEW email with appointment letter(have to print that out and bring with me on the interview day)

02/28/12.......INTERVIEW with oath on the same day(as long i pass the test afcorse.)

I AM US CITIZEN

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

My husband is in a similar situation. His NOA is November 4, 2011 and he was placed in line for an interview on November 28. In December he placed a service request regarding the biometrics and at the beginning of January received a reply via email that his biometrics from Dec. 2010 were still valid so he would not have to do them again. We thought this was great news and that he would have an interview in no time. Well, now its nearly March and his biometrics will expire in a few weeks (I was told by an USCIS supervisor that they expire after 15 months). I've been keeping close track of the timelines of other VJers in the Newark office and they have consistently processed everyone else in just over 4 months (give or take a week). It has now been 4 months since my husband applied and still no interview notice (which normally comes about a month before the interview date). We thought the process would be faster when we found out that he didn't have to repeat the biometrics. Instead, it seems like his file was put in some other pile which they have forgot about. I think he will probably have to repeat the biometrics but hopefully before his interview since Newark does the oath the same day.

Hopefully we will hear something soon. Good luck and please let us know what happens!

Citizenship

11/01/2011 N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX

11/28/2011 Placed in line for interview (no biometrics)

My husband is in a similar situation. His NOA is November 4, 2011 and he was placed in line for an interview on November 28. In December he placed a service request regarding the biometrics and at the beginning of January received a reply via email that his biometrics from Dec. 2010 were still valid so he would not have to do them again. We thought this was great news and that he would have an interview in no time. Well, now its nearly March and his biometrics will expire in a few weeks (I was told by an USCIS supervisor that they expire after 15 months). I've been keeping close track of the timelines of other VJers in the Newark office and they have consistently processed everyone else in just over 4 months (give or take a week). It has now been 4 months since my husband applied and still no interview notice (which normally comes about a month before the interview date). We thought the process would be faster when we found out that he didn't have to repeat the biometrics. Instead, it seems like his file was put in some other pile which they have forgot about. I think he will probably have to repeat the biometrics but hopefully before his interview since Newark does the oath the same day.

Hopefully we will hear something soon. Good luck and please let us know what happens!

I filed in October, was placed in line for interview scheduling in November, and just received my biometrics letter last week stating that my old ones had expired. I am scheduled for next week, and can only hope that an interview letter will come soon after.

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

I have my oath coming up on 3/15, I didn't do biometrics for N400. My interview was 1/27 or so. My 3 yr anniversary was 2/14, so I wasn't eligible for approval on that day. But on 2/16 they approved my case and sent me the oath letter. But I never called them about my biometrics. I just sat put when I received my interview letter with no biometrics, and then I showed up for the interview. I had read that that happens sometimes.

Edited by Jupiter07

2001-2008 F1

08/2008 - AOS VSC

07/2009 - end of 8yrs of grad sch

02/14/09 - ID, GC approved

02/27/09 - CGC rcvd

11/16/2010 - 751 sent - CSC

03/29/2011 - 751 approved

11/15/11 - N400 Sent

11/18/11 - Notice Date

01/27/12 - Interview Date

03/15/12 - Oath Ceremony

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I have my oath coming up on 3/15, I didn't do biometrics for N400. My interview was 1/27 or so. My 3 yr anniversary was 2/14, so I wasn't eligible for approval on that day. But on 2/16 they approved my case and sent me the oath letter. But I never called them about my biometrics. I just sat put when I received my interview letter with no biometrics, and then I showed up for the interview. I had read that that happens sometimes.

This is weird because I still have not received my biometrics for my n400, I did do my biometrics 12 months ago for removal of conditions on my green card, and after reading all the discussions discovered they are valid for 15 months, and also read that alot of people do not receive biometrics if they are done wihtin last 15 months, After reading all the discussions online, I contacted my lawyer to confirm, and he said you do have to do biometrics for n400 since it is a different application. So Not sure what to believe now :( since its been 5 weeks already since i receive my receipt number

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.