40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

The longest part of NVC is just waiting for the case number to be assigned. For the last few months, it's been taking around 3-4 weeks to get it. Once you have the case number though, the remaining time spent in NVC is mostly up to you to send in packages (and sending them in without mistakes).

I don't remember to be honest. But my case was approved at the end of January and my husband sent the application at the end of August.

I just wish there was some rhyme or reason to it all. We watch the processing timelines and according to those, they are working on August 27, 2011 so a month past us.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish there was some rhyme or reason to it all. We watch the processing timelines and according to those, they are working on August 27, 2011 so a month past us.

Yeah, remember, those are just estimates based off VJ members' timelines who filled them out. There's still all the VJ members who don't update their timelines, plus all of the people not on VJ.

Timeline

Yeah, remember, those are just estimates based off VJ members' timelines who filled them out. There's still all the VJ members who don't update their timelines, plus all of the people not on VJ.

So true, sigh.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

According to the USCIS, cases may be expedited if they involve a serious financial loss, an extreme emergency, a humanitarian situation, the request comes from a nonprofit organization advancing the cultural or social interests of the United States, it's a matter of national interest or security (the request must be made by a U.S. government official), or a USCIS error or compelling USCIS interest.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So true, sigh.

I understand your frustrations and CSC from my understanding has the slowest response rate than other service centers according to the people I know personally. They say that it can take up to 2 years before you can hear anything not saying it will happen in your case but it sucks though.

In the meantime, just prepare all documents that you think they will need to proceed to the next stage and continue visiting your partner if you can.

I even asked if one can get a tourist visa for their partner and they said no because family visa takes precedent over tourist visas. I think it is bullcrap but hey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

After 5.5 months, I check our status every day in: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

but noting changed. Does anyone know that after approving I-130, the status "Initial Review" will be changed or not????

NOA1: July 12, 2011

NOA2: Jan 20, 2012

Interview Date: June 26, 2012 (Naples, Italy)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

After 5.5 months, I check our status every day in: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

but noting changed. Does anyone know that after approving I-130, the status "Initial Review" will be changed or not????

yes, it will be changed! and if you asked for an e-mail or sms... you will get it.

Patience! I had to learn patience...

And the journey begins!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You have to remember that cases land on officer's desks and the officers process cases at their own pace. So if there's one slow officer and one fast officer, then it's "normal" for not all applications to be approved from the summer, and some that have been approved from November.

Or the other possibility is that they don't process them in the order they receive them at all? How else can we see CSC seemingly randomly spit out approvals in 7 days flat? Even if what you say is true, then it still shows abysmal management on their part. Though, that should hardly be surprising...

Trips:

Jan2010 - First Trip, met in person

Jul2010 - Trip two!

Nov2010 - Trip Three, Got engaged :)

Feb2011 - Trip Four. Spring Festival, Lucky Money all around :D

April2011 - Trip Five... Going to the chapel...

July2011 - Trip Six... Honeymoon in Xiamen :D

October2011 - Trip Seven... Beijing and the Great Wall :)

January2012 - Trip Eight... Chinese New Years and Spring Festival! More Lucky Money! :D

April2012 - Trip Nine... Interview?

Paper work for CR1:

28 July 2011 - 20January 2012 - Day 175... USCIS at CSC finally processed our paper work.

30January2012 - NVC 'received' the paperwork

6February2012 - NVC GUZ case number assigned - Attempted to OPTIN to EP.

7February2012 - NVC GZO (EP) case number assigned

8February2012 - 27February Massive delay caused by sending the EP OPTIN email too soon :(

28February2012 - AOS Fee Paid

29February2012 - AOS Fee shows paid, AOS Package sent in

5March2012 - IV Fee shows paid (paid on 3March), IV (DS-230) Package sent in

6March2012 - AOS Rejected due to minor error, corrected version emailed in

8March2012 - Email received indicating AOS correction and DS-230 review in process

9March2012 - Case Complete Email - END NVC PROCESS

15March2012 - Interview Scheduled: 18April2012 (Document turn-in: 17April2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

C'MON People at CSC ! :blink:

What are you doing? :angry: or What are you Not Doing ! thats a better question.

How can applications take over 4 months to process? :bonk:

yes, it will be changed! and if you asked for an e-mail or sms... you will get it.

Patience! I had to learn patience...

Patience is becoming a bore...now I want results!

Edited by VisaJourney2011

Timeline

C'MON People at CSC ! :blink:

What are you doing? :angry: or What are you Not Doing ! thats a better question.

How can applications take over 4 months to process? :bonk:

That is probably the most frustrating part. They don't take months to process. They take months to finally get on someone's desk for 15 - 30 minutes. How bloody fast would this process be if it was online and 80% - 95% automated?

Trips:

Jul2010 - Trip two!

January2012 - Trip Eight... Chinese New Years and Spring Festival! More Lucky Money! :D

Paper work for CR1:

28 July 2011 - 20January 2012 - Day 175... USCIS at CSC finally processed our paper work.

8February2012 - 27February Massive delay caused by sending the EP OPTIN email too soon :(

8March2012 - Email received indicating AOS correction and DS-230 review in process

Timeline

I understand your frustrations and CSC from my understanding has the slowest response rate than other service centers according to the people I know personally. They say that it can take up to 2 years before you can hear anything not saying it will happen in your case but it sucks though.

In the meantime, just prepare all documents that you think they will need to proceed to the next stage and continue visiting your partner if you can.

I even asked if one can get a tourist visa for their partner and they said no because family visa takes precedent over tourist visas. I think it is bullcrap but hey.

The real difficulty is that for those of us whose spouse isn't from a VWP country, we have to prove to a VO who doesn't give a ####### and just wants you to go away that they'll return to their home country. Given that it is more or less impossible to do that when you're coming to visit your husband/wife, trying for a visitor visa while married to a USC is pointless.

People from VWP countries can at least fly over here and roll the dice that the people at the point of entry won't even ask about the visa in progress or why they're there. Even if they do, I cannot help but think that the pressure to let someone in who is standing at the threshold after flying over here is far far higher than what it is on a VO sitting behind a window waiting to go to lunch while thinking of a way to say no. Given the proclivity for VOs to say no to visitor visas to people like us in the first place, it makes it damned easy when there is a spouse in the US to use as a denial reason, no?

Just to add more suck, once you say "I do" your chances of ever getting a visitor visa go to zero.. even if you've got family members which will die before they ever meet your wife... fun, no?

No, I'm not bitter at all. Why do you ask? :crying::angry::ranting::protest::cry:

Edited by foobaz123

Trips:

Jul2010 - Trip two!

Paper work for CR1:

Timeline

The real difficulty is that for those of us whose spouse isn't from a VWP country, we have to prove to a VO who doesn't give a ####### and just wants you to go away that they'll return to their home country. Given that it is more or less impossible to do that when you're coming to visit your husband/wife, trying for a visitor visa while married to a USC is pointless.

People from VWP countries can at least fly over here and roll the dice that the people at the point of entry won't even ask about the visa in progress or why they're there. Even if they do, I cannot help but think that the pressure to let someone in who is standing at the threshold after flying over here is far far higher than what it is on a VO sitting behind a window waiting to go to lunch while thinking of a way to say no. Given the proclivity for VOs to say no to visitor visas to people like us in the first place, it makes it damned easy when there is a spouse in the US to use as a denial reason, no?

Just to add more suck, once you say "I do" your chances of ever getting a visitor visa go to zero.. even if you've got family members which will die before they ever meet your wife... fun, no?

No, I'm not bitter at all. Why do you ask? :crying::angry::ranting::protest::cry:

Ok, clarification please, VWP (Visa Waiver Program?) and VO is??? I believe Belgium is a country with the Visa Waiver but from what I have read it is dicey for my husband to come here while deeply embedded in the immigration process so this is why I go there. Am I incorrect in thinking this???

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No, I didn't call you bitter but I wouldn't say you are bitter because you have the right to be frustrated and upset at foolishness.

I understand wholeheartedly. It sucks!

Timeline

No, I didn't call you bitter but I wouldn't say you are bitter because you have the right to be frustrated and upset at foolishness.

I understand wholeheartedly. It sucks!

I was being sarcastic :)

Sigh.. nothing to do but wait... and wait.. and wait...

Trips:

Jul2010 - Trip two!

Paper work for CR1:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.