LaGreenEyes

My husband thinks he can go to CUBA without problems

35 posts in this topic

Sanita went to Cuba several years ago, when the soviet union had control over the island..she liked the island and the people but was kept away from most Cubans in a Soviet only hotel ...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of ours (USC) went to visit Cuba with her cuban boyfriend via Canada and had to pay a huge fine on her return because she didnt have the licence thingy. I think it was about $2000.

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well this is alot of great information.

Funny thing is my friend and sister asked me the other day if I could meet them in Cuba. I thought I could if I went to Canada then flew to Cuba. Not worth it to me if I would get in a bunch of #######. :no:

I told them there are just as many beautiful beaches down here on the Gulf Coast. I guess they will be going with out me. :(

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Well this is alot of great information.

Funny thing is my friend and sister asked me the other day if I could meet them in Cuba. I thought I could if I went to Canada then flew to Cuba. Not worth it to me if I would get in a bunch of #######. :no:

I told them there are just as many beautiful beaches down here on the Gulf Coast. I guess they will be going with out me. :(

Remember that you have to report your foreign travel when you apply for citizenship... I would like to find out how people are going to explain away the trip to Cuba when that happens...

And remember if you are a USC, the US Government does not recognize your other citizenships. In their eyes, you are a USC and only a USC and are subject to the rules...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Timeline
Remember that you have to report your foreign travel when you apply for citizenship... I would like to find out how people are going to explain away the trip to Cuba when that happens...

That's easy. People are going to lie.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I can see that if you are a LPR there might be an issue, as presumably you would have a stamp in your passport that might get noticed.

A similar issue arises with Israel and Arabs, there the solution is that you have 2 passports, one to use for Israel and one to use for the Arabs. Seems logical that you would do the same.

Going to Cuba from anywhere except the US is no issue, like going anywhere else.

Mexico and a hop over seems easiest.

I have US friends who have been, but you need to go through the rigmorole of getting it for a specified purpose, did not appear that difficult.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Wow I must be really stupid, I had no idea Americans weren't allowed into Cuba :unsure: I feel a bit gutted that I didnt go there while living in Europe.

Claire and Chris - 1st year together[br].png

If the U.S. restricts travel to Cuba by citizens and LPRs, why is everyone here so ready to assist them with ideas of how to circumvent the law with alternate passports and third countries?????

If it's not allowed without special permission for LPRs then they shouldn't do it and noone here should offer suggestions on how to skirt around the requirement. It's also against the TOS for this site to suggest or recommend illegal activities.

It seems that LPR status is worth risking for some.

Edited by john_and_marlene

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

And remember if you are a USC, the US Government does not recognize your other citizenships. In their eyes, you are a USC and only a USC and are subject to the rules...

Absolutely untrue. The USA and a number of countries have signed reciprocal agreements/treaties to allow dual citizenship to their citizens: i.e. citizens of Canada and European countries (part of Schengen at least) I can obtain dual citizenship.

ref. "US law relating to dual citizenship"

http://www.richw.org/dualcit/law.html

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

If the U.S. restricts travel to Cuba by citizens and LPRs, why is everyone here so ready to assist them with ideas of how to circumvent the law with alternate passports and third countries?????

If it's not allowed without special permission for LPRs then they shouldn't do it and noone here should offer suggestions on how to skirt around the requirement. It's also against the TOS for this site to suggest or recommend illegal activities.

It seems that LPR status is worth risking for some.

When government regulations seem arbitrary and silly, people will break them. Fact. Waving a book at them won't help. The most effective laws are laws that people think make sense.

That's why you have so many young people who smoke pot and relatively so few people who commit murder.

Absolutely untrue. The USA and a number of countries have signed reciprocal agreements/treaties to allow dual citizenship to their citizens: i.e. citizens of Canada and European countries (part of Schengen at least) I can obtain dual citizenship.

ref. "US law relating to dual citizenship"

http://www.richw.org/dualcit/law.html

zyggy's point was specifically regarding following US law. Dual citizens are not exempt from following US law. That is a fact.

dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries.

"both countries" includes American law. Being a dual citizen, IOW, does not exempt one from obeying US law.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1753.html

Sorry, I misunderstood. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" ;)

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

What are the penalties for travelling to Cuba if you get caught? is it a serious offense? or more like "jaywalking"?

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines01/1122-02.htm

Penalty fines up to $55,000 - but average $7,500

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail