one...two...tree

Gov. Rick Snyder signs domestic partner benefits ban into law

27 posts in this topic

"Same sex marriage" <------ :rofl:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

In a Republic we are guided by both the vote and the rule of law, not the will of a minority who want to redefine marriage and what a family entails.

it's no so minor anymore. and it's made up of gays and straights, dems and reps, believers and non-believers.

this is an issue of equality and soon the current federal non-recognition of gay marriage will be regarded as antiquated just jim crow laws are.

(wonder if there is a lil danno? hope he's not a gay!)

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

it's no so minor anymore. and it's made up of gays and straights, dems and reps, believers and non-believers.

this is an issue of equality and soon the current federal non-recognition of gay marriage will be regarded as antiquated just jim crow laws are.

(wonder if there is a lil danno? hope he's not a gay!)

Even if I were gay.. whats the point, many guys who are attracted to 15 yr old girls would not necessarily be for changing the the age limit for Marriage in their state.

As for the long term possibility of Doing away with any restrictions on who or how many can marry you could be right, as we are without question a nation in decline in most measurable ways.... that the Culture

is rotting goes hand and hand.

But for the near future, you might be surprised at some changes come next election cycle.

Just for a refresher course in the direct action for the defining of marriage amendments which have already take place.....

Marriage_amendment_animation.gif?t=1242088907

you can expect that will need updating before long.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

is there some sort of legend for the above map? :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yep. You see how the anti-gay agenda strategy works? Deny them marriage, then dismiss their relationships as not being sincere. And see all the schmucks who lap it up.

Vermont allows gay marriage and civil unions between heterosexual and homosexual couples and does not allow discrimination in benefits based on sexual orientation.

The issue as presented is not a gay issue, it addresses couples who are not married or in a civil union.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

is there some sort of legend for the above map? :huh:

i think the red indicates state governments that discriminate against gays, while the black indicate state-level discrimination against gays AND blacks.

Vermont allows gay marriage and civil unions between heterosexual and homosexual couples and does not allow discrimination in benefits based on sexual orientation.

with the passage of the marriage equality act in sept 2009, vermont no longer offers civil unions. woo!

The issue as presented is not a gay issue, it addresses couples who are not married or in a civil union.

i don't know as much about Michigan laws but domestic partnership is often a way that same-sex couples can gain access to some of the benefits they are denied in places where their relationships are not legally recognized. so while this legislation may not specifically be anti-gay, its consequences are certainly not good for unmarried same-sex couples. since in michigan they do not have the right to marry, as their straight counterparts do. in 2004 michigan voted to limit the definition of marriage to include only man/woman partners.

so it becomes an important gay issue, particularly of youre gay and live in Michigan. or if you believe in equality.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Timeline

i don't know as much about Michigan laws but domestic partnership is often a way that same-sex couples can gain access to some of the benefits they are denied in places where their relationships are not legally recognized. so while this legislation may not specifically be anti-gay, its consequences are certainly not good for unmarried same-sex couples. since in michigan they do not have the right to marry, as their straight counterparts do. in 2004 michigan voted to limit the definition of marriage to include only man/woman partners.

so it becomes an important gay issue, particularly of youre gay and live in Michigan. or if you believe in equality.

These benefits are for spouses or civil union partners. I could not care less if they are gay or straight, but to offer them to someone that has less than a contractural committment is preposterous.

If it is a problem for gays, then let them get gay marriage passed like we have here and in other states. But again this is not about marriage, homosexual or heterosexual, It is about giving benefits to people who are NOT married. So if I shack up with three girls do they all get benefits? There is no statutory limit on how many girls I can shack up with. What should be the statutory limit of insurance beneficiaries? One? 3? 48? Are you prepared to tell me how many people can live with me and how many I can get insurance for? This is just stupid.

Get married, get CU or GTFO!

Gary And Alla

i agree. benefits should not be handed out willy-nilly.

but until there is marriage equality everywhere in the us, people who are not able to have a relationship that is recognized federally need to be able to have access to benefits.

where marriage or civil union is not an option, gtfo is not a solution. legitimate partners deserve equal treatment. we've got it figured out here new england (mostly) and new york. i dont have as much faith that other states will make marriage equality a priority any time soon.

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Timeline

i agree. benefits should not be handed out willy-nilly.

but until there is marriage equality everywhere in the us, people who are not able to have a relationship that is recognized federally need to be able to have access to benefits.

where marriage or civil union is not an option, gtfo is not a solution. legitimate partners deserve equal treatment. we've got it figured out here new england (mostly) and new york. i dont have as much faith that other states will make marriage equality a priority any time soon.

There is no problem TO solve. Emloyers do not need to be providing insurance benefits to boyfriends and girlfriends. Boyfriends and girlfriends need to get their own insurance. How do you determine a "legitimate partner" Because they say so? How many legitimate partners can they have?

Boyfriends and girlfriends need to commit, or get their own insurance. If they are gay and cannot get married in that state...MOVE.

People need to take responsibility for themselves. Get your own insurance, move, commit to the relationship. Everyone else does not need to comply with their wishes.

Gary And Alla

There is no problem TO solve. Emloyers do not need to be providing insurance benefits to boyfriends and girlfriends. Boyfriends and girlfriends need to get their own insurance. How do you determine a "legitimate partner" Because they say so? How many legitimate partners can they have?

Boyfriends and girlfriends need to commit, or get their own insurance. If they are gay and cannot get married in that state...MOVE.

People need to take responsibility for themselves. Get your own insurance, move, commit to the relationship. Everyone else does not need to comply with their wishes.

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This stuff is so ripe for rip off it's not even funny.

You could claim a room mate and split the cost, you could -help a friend out by claiming he is your partner, who would not do that for a friend in need?

Shack-up relationship are less stable, if the couple split on good terms why would it be reported... why not let the person have the coverage?

It's hard to imagine a program that would temp more people... who are otherwise honest to rip-off the tax payer.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

This stuff is so ripe for rip off it's not even funny.

You could claim a room mate and split the cost, you could -help a friend out by claiming he is your partner, who would not do that for a friend in need?

Shack-up relationship are less stable, if the couple split on good terms why would it be reported... why not let the person have the coverage?

It's hard to imagine a program that would temp more people... who are otherwise honest to rip-off the tax payer.

sigbet.jpg