appleegg

HEPATITIS B........can she still come to usa?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Aloha all

well here we are, packet 3 docs have been sent to bangkok, and just found out from my fiances medicle exam that she tested positive for hepatitis B. Next step for me is of coarse to find out more about this condition, and most importantly to seek treatment for the one i love as soon as possible .....in the meantime, does this mean she will be denied? does anyone know or have experienced this situation? and does anyone have a link to any us government sites that may answer this question for me?

i am praying for the best for her.

thankyou for your help.

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION - after my wife made it to the USA, family emergency neccesatated her immediate return to her home in cambodia. unfortunately before she was able to adjust her status, thus the case was abandanded. we now are filing both k-3 (married in usa) and have petioned both i-129f and 1-130 .....so, our "journey" has once again began. thank you for all your help and understanding - appleegg and sreyon.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2006-05-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-05-08

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-06-23

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-06-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-07-26

NVC Received : 2006-07-31

NVC Left : 2006-08-02

Consulate Received : 2006-08-09

Packet 3 Received : 2006-09-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-10-02

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2006-12-01

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You should contact the embassy for further information, and also maybe the embassy's doctor may have some information.

I think she'll need a waiver.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

First, I recommend you look over at this site to give you more information on the condition and it's management: http://www.hepb.org/hepb/index.htm

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm

Explains some of the conditions that could cause a denial.

I'm personally not sure if her condition could be included, but it can be transmitted via bodily fluids so you should be careful to avoid transmission.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I am applying for immigration to the United States. My HBsAg test was positive. Will this affect my application?

No. Testing positive for HBsAg should not affect your application for immigration. HBsAg-positive persons are considered eligible for migration and adjustment-of-visa status. You will need to be counseled and have follow-up medical evaluation and care in your U.S. resettlement community.

Facts are from http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatit...acip_faq_fb.htm

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

... but it can be transmitted via bodily fluids so you should be careful to avoid transmission.

Absolutely. :thumbs:

This is not a disease to be taken lightly.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

• 12 years later...
3 hours ago, Kara26 said:

Can hepatitis b can cause that my fiancee visa will denied?thank you hope you will reply

NO. At least it didn't for my ex-wife who came on  K-1 30 years ago.

Also, there is a significant difference between Hepatitis B and C. 

Please don't confuse them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.